Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

I have no idea on the feasibility on this one, but surely it would be worth a pop to try for smith-rowe on a loan with an option of 25m or something similar. 

Could see him flourishing in enzo’s 8 role. Arsenal aren’t giving him any look in. Not sure you’d get him for less than 25 but in the prem

thats reasonable if he’s proven himself whilst on loan. (Given his age and potential)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I have no idea on the feasibility on this one, but surely it would be worth a pop to try for smith-rowe on a loan with an option of 25m or something similar. 

Could see him flourishing in enzo’s 8 role. Arsenal aren’t giving him any look in. Not sure you’d get him for less than 25 but in the prem

thats reasonable if he’s proven himself whilst on loan. (Given his age and potential)

Just can't see him dropping down to the Championship.

Just think it's unrealistic for a player who played 70 + PL games by 23 to drop down.

Must of the teams outside the big 6 would take him on loan.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Just can't see him dropping down to the Championship.

Just think it's unrealistic for a player who played 70 + PL games by 23 to drop down.

Must of the teams outside the big 6 would take him on loan.

ordinarily i’d agree but we are looking like a cert to go up.  I don’t think anyone would question him coming if it was the summer.

So if the move was there and his head is screwed on… in a similar way to winks, maybe he’d just want to get his career going again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

ordinarily i’d agree but we are looking like a cert to go up.  I don’t think anyone would question him coming if it was the summer.

So if the move was there and his head is screwed on… in a similar way to winks, maybe he’d just want to get his career going again. 

Don't get me wrong I'd have in a flash.

Just think teams like Newcastle, Brighton, Villa would also be interested.

• Like 1

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/countries/

1. 736 - English

2. 199 - Scottish

3. 33 - Wales

4. 32 - Ireland 

5. 15 - Northern Ireland

6. 12 - France

7. 8 - Australia

8= 7 - Denmark

8= 7 - Jamaica

8= 7 - Nigeria 

8= 7 - Portugal 

I think when you look down the list, it’s surprising we’ve only had one Norwegian, Czech and Brazilian. Then only two Italians, Croatians and Argentinians! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sly said:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/countries/

1. 736 - English

2. 199 - Scottish

3. 33 - Wales

4. 32 - Ireland 

5. 15 - Northern Ireland

6. 12 - France

7. 8 - Australia

8= 7 - Denmark

8= 7 - Jamaica

8= 7 - Nigeria 

8= 7 - Portugal 

I think when you look down the list, it’s surprising we’ve only had one Norwegian, Czech and Brazilian. Then only two Italians, Croatians and Argentinians! 

We've never had a brazilian, we had some lad with a fake passport and a good agent with video editing skillzzz.

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, LVFox said:

The Callum O'Hare shout on @BSLBPod this week is a great one.

Really good technician, not the best injury record over last couple of years but imagine we could make the most of his contract situation.

Not sure he's good enough, 11 goals in 8800 minutes of championship football, which works out as a goal every 9 games.

21 assists, which is one every 4.65 games.

Wilf as a convert CDM at 8 has better stats a goal every 7.5 games and a assist every 3.

Add to that being injury prone.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure he's good enough, 11 goals in 8800 minutes of championship football, which works out as a goal every 9 games.

21 assists, which is one every 4.65 games.

Wilf as a convert CDM at 8 has better stats a goal every 7.5 games and a assist every 3.

Add to that being injury prone.

I think he's talented enough to really boost those numbers in a more attacking side.

However, I do wonder if we've slightly changed our style a little and we play with more of a 10 now, usually KDH, sometimes Akgun. If that's the case, then we really need that box to box 8 player to replace Wilf. Which O'Hare definitely isn't.

Just now, LVFox said:

I think he's talented enough to really boost those numbers in a more attacking side.

However, I do wonder if we've slightly changed our style a little and we play with more of a 10 now, usually KDH, sometimes Akgun. If that's the case, then we really need that box to box 8 player to replace Wilf. Which O'Hare definitely isn't.

A midfield of KDH, Winks and O'Hare wouldn't be physical enough in the PL.

I have the same concerns about Akgun.

Guest Col city fan
14 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

There’s a reason Smith-Rowe isn’t featuring at the moment for Arsenal. I think he’s had injuries but clearly isn’t developing like Arteta hoped he would.

I think a move to Leicester would make a lot of sense both for the player and for us. I doubt he’s going to be much a part of Arsenal’s future. But he could do really well at a club like Leicester.

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Akgun has to start converting potential (great) into end product (poor) if he wants to get a deal - the nice thing about him is at worst he's a much better squad player than someone like praet - he can play wide and could be good cover for KDH, but then I can see mcateer in that sort of role, too - and he's already our player.

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree, it's a wilf replacement we need.

O'hare could work as a KDH backup but I'm actually relatively confident Akgun will get there in that role.

• Like 1

Anybody else think Dele Alli would be a good shout?

Only 27yrs old... Imagine him on the end of some of Ndidi's chances this year!

Winks likely to link up well with him?

He's from Milton Keynes and Leicester is close to London too. 

(without stating the obvious potential drawbacks)

Could be a great opportunity for him to rebuild?... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gd4foxes said:

The issue I have with Alli is that a few clubs have tried to get him back into match fitness, both physically and mentally.

We’ve had broken players in the past like Michael Johnson, Michael Ball, Lee Morris and they’ve been a drain on the club. 

Then others have flourished under a new environment. 

I’d be tempted to invite him to Seagrave and see how he fares. It depends if Maresca thinks he could work with him. 

Adem Zorgane would be the closest Ndidi replacement I can reasonably think of, but I presume he's away at AFCON with Algeria for the next month or so.

Long term we need two need CM's, a box to box that Ndidi's new role is and then a creative attacking midfielder but right now just 1 kore option would he handy. We're a Casadei injury away from a huge headache.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Adem Zorgane would be the closest Ndidi replacement I can reasonably think of, but I presume he's away at AFCON with Algeria for the next month or so.

Long term we need two need CM's, a box to box that Ndidi's new role is and then a creative attacking midfielder but right now just 1 kore option would he handy. We're a Casadei injury away from a huge headache.

Nope he wasn’t selected!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, gd4foxes said:

I think the main issue here is we don't NEED him. Dele needs to go somewhere they're desperate for him, somewhere that will give him minutes and attention.

We can afford to take a punt on a 20 year old from Europe or even the Champ in that position at the minute. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Yeah, maybe a loan with an obligation for Leicester to buy if promoted (which is almost a given at this point).