Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

I think Zian Flemming from Millwall would be a great addition and would be unreal in the #8 role alongside KDH, offers goals and assists a plenty and also has great physicality. Think he could be just the type of signing that would blossom and the type of punt we need to take. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I think Zian Flemming from Millwall would be a great addition and would be unreal in the #8 role alongside KDH, offers goals and assists a plenty and also has great physicality. Think he could be just the type of signing that would blossom and the type of punt we need to take. 

It's a good shout.

29 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Think I heard the BBC Radio London commentators refer to him as the Bermondsey Bergkamp!

3 hours ago, MGLCFC said:
4 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

:source:I believe we only signed Ryan Bennett in the 2020 January transfer window when well placed to finish in the top 4 - ended up 5th.

Sure, but was that the reason we missed out on the CL?  Just nitpicking, we still should have had enough to hold on...

4 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Trouble with that is our only other options in that position are fatawu and yunus - until we know what's happening with them, we can't afford to sell mcateer

Yea I get that, although we're pretty much certain to be signing Abdul aren't we? Not seen enough of yunus that would make me want to make that permanent myself 

This month will surely be loans or nothing I'd imagine 

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I agree, he’s looked very accomplished in the two games we’ve played against them! 

2 hours ago, Simonb said:

Yea I get that, although we're pretty much certain to be signing Abdul aren't we? Not seen enough of yunus that would make me want to make that permanent myself 

This month will surely be loans or nothing I'd imagine 

Not sure. I get the feeling they want to, but you never know - some hooey with fees, maybe fatawu get's a better offer :dunno:

On 27/12/2023 at 13:03, JimJams said:

There's surely no way in hell we bring in a striker in January. We have 4 on the books, the only one that would fetch any kind of halfway decent fee in order to buy in a decent striker is Daka, and he'd only fetch a decent fee now because he's starting games and scoring goals, which means he's not the one you're going to let go.

If Kel goes we still have 3 left, and one position to play for. Even if Kel left and Vardy retired early I still think it'd be down on the list of priorities. Man City, who we're so often compared to have 2. Haaland and Alvarez. We don't need any more. Goalscoring wingers or box to box midfielders with a bit of attacking threat'll do. A Wilf replacement is probably the one to look at. Competition if he stays, replacement if he (ultimately) doesn't.

And a speedy CB? Again, it's still early but Enzo needs to decide with the player if there's succession planning to be done with Vesty.

True, but I think anything done this January should be to prep for next season now.

By next summer I can see us being down to two strikers.

8 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

True, but I think anything done this January should be to prep for next season now.

By next summer I can see us being down to two strikers.

We can’t afford to do that yet.

This window will be about getting surplus players off the books where we can and if that happens bringing in the odd signing (probably on loan) to get us across the line.

The only January action for next season is likely to be contract offers for players already here.

We’ll sort out next season in the summer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

We can’t afford to do that yet.

This window will be about getting surplus players off the books where we can and if that happens bringing in the odd signing (probably on loan) to get us across the line.

The only January action for next season is likely to be contract offers for players already here.

We’ll sort out next season in the summer.

100% . . The problem being is that the players we want rid of are on extensive contracts and unlikely to attract suitors too, so it'll then become the summers problem.

Personally think we're covered everywhere apart from maybe a loaned in number 8/winger for this season myself. Did worry about the defence but I think after a full 90, Nelsons more than enough.

In an ideal world we'll be prepping for next season, but like you say we don't have the pound notes to do so. People keep suggesting we sign Abdul now, but even if we could, what's the point? We have 6 months of him where his attitude could change or he breaks a leg and then we just return him. Although I seriously hope that doesn't turn out to be the case, but we still have 6 months of him playing for us without needing to shell out.

I'd imagine with a large purse being won with promotion, we may offset a few million of it as losses against the sales of ward, soumare etc to get rid, but we can't even do that at the minute 

Selling kelechi now, if we're able to do so for anything above 4m would be ideal. 

17 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I agree, he’s looked very accomplished in the two games we’ve played against them! 

Have we ever had a Dutch player before?  

3 hours ago, Simonb said:

100% . . The problem being is that the players we want rid of are on extensive contracts and unlikely to attract suitors too, so it'll then become the summers problem.

Personally think we're covered everywhere apart from maybe a loaned in number 8/winger for this season myself. Did worry about the defence but I think after a full 90, Nelsons more than enough.

In an ideal world we'll be prepping for next season, but like you say we don't have the pound notes to do so. People keep suggesting we sign Abdul now, but even if we could, what's the point? We have 6 months of him where his attitude could change or he breaks a leg and then we just return him. Although I seriously hope that doesn't turn out to be the case, but we still have 6 months of him playing for us without needing to shell out.

I'd imagine with a large purse being won with promotion, we may offset a few million of it as losses against the sales of ward, soumare etc to get rid, but we can't even do that at the minute 

Selling kelechi now, if we're able to do so for anything above 4m would be ideal. 

The point is if we're going to do it, we might as well do it now and free up a loan space.