Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

3 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

We did in the summer, multiple other European teams have made enquiries but he doesn't want to leave Malmo yet.

Buggar…. I’ll slide into his DM’s and have a word. I’ll tell him we’ve got two Tim Hortons, that should swing it. 

Ao Tanaka who we were linked with in the summer would be a shrewd piece of business if the Sensi deal doesn't get done.

Fits the profile of an Ndidi replacement much better. Scores goals too, he's quite aggressive and strong as well.

Dusseldorf would like him to stay and get them promotion and he's not gone to the Asia Cup but reports are a £2-3m fee would be enough for them to agree to sell. 

Screenshot_20240110_135543_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ao Tanaka who we were linked with in the summer would be a shrewd piece of business if the Sensi deal doesn't get done.

Fits the profile of an Ndidi replacement much better. Scores goals too, he's quite aggressive and strong as well.

Dusseldorf would like him to stay and get them promotion and he's not gone to the Asia Cup but reports are a £2-3m fee would be enough for them to agree to sell. 

Yeah - This was the one I liked the look of when we were linked last time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarryDee8 said:

So we have to sell before we can buy, or let go for free before we can loan in a player.

Sounds like our finance team have not balanced any books in the last 2 years. We're in the same position we were with Rodgers 

It’s not going to resolve in one window (last summer).

Balancing the loss of revenue from relegation with the cost goings from outgoing players/contracts expiring with the incomings, we did what we could. The picture will look a lot better this summer.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

should be all over him imo

On 09/01/2024 at 22:05, kingfox said:

A good time to spam this thread with Allsvenskan left-wingers :wub:

Lamin Sonko is a gem, would love him here. Unbelievably talented dribbler and puts a great shift in. Get it done rudders.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Bagged another 2 away at Charlton today. Posh have got a few players we should be looking at, but if I had to pick out only one, it would be EMC.

Watched the game, their best player by a country mile today was Edwards.  Fast, physical and cultured on the ball.  

EMC was a handful but for some reason I'm not convinced he's much more than a good championship winger.  I may be proven wrong.

13 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Watched the game, their best player by a country mile today was Edwards.  Fast, physical and cultured on the ball.  

EMC was a handful but for some reason I'm not convinced he's much more than a good championship winger.  I may be proven wrong.

I can see your point. Another winger would be a luxury also. CB is also a bigger need for us with Vestergaard soon being out contract, Doyle being only a loan, Souttar not really being fancied by Enzo, and Coady looking passed his best.

13 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I can see your point. Another winger would be a luxury also. CB is also a bigger need for us with Vestergaard soon being out contract, Doyle being only a loan, Souttar not really being fancied by Enzo, and Coady looking passed his best.

It's always very difficult to judge players playing at a lower level and whether they can step up.  

All I can say is I was very impressed with Edwards.  But Charlton have been largely terrible this season so not exactly his biggest test.  

Personally just get the feeling the club higher ups are sitting on their arses due to us being top and a few wins clear, not wanting to splash any cash unless they absolutely have to.

Come the end of the season, if we do go up, it will be interesting to see how much is spent because the current defence will leak goals like a sieve and the strike force is not currently equipped to bail us out.

• Like 1