Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester City 3-0 Preston North End - Post Match Thread

Just a couple of additional points on our manager.

It appears to me that Enzo is tops at diagnosing what needs to be changed at halftime.  Sometimes it is a strategy adjustment that needs to be clearly explained to the squad.  Sometimes it is personnel changes.  Sometimes it is as simple as giving the players the speech they need to hear (bollocking or encouragement).

And sometimes a mix of all three!

In most matches we have come out and performed noticeably better in the second half.

Also, Enzo's subs are most often exactly what is needed to positively affect the match.

I do quite like the man thus far.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Is it me or have recent games of ours been no different to previous seasons in terms of how injury time is totted up? I've not seen much additional time added on to our games, even the Blackburn game was less than I thought given the lengthy injuries to a few players 2nd half.

The Hull game was a disgrace. Minor gripe given we keep winning but something to watch out for.

The 1st half was an absolute disgrace. One ****ing minute (which is as clear as day a sign they've given the game up) and then of that minute I think the ball was in play for about 15 seconds from them having a corner and refusing to allow us to break on them. Woeful refereeing.

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Just read a few pages of the Preston forum, hilarious stuff. They just go on about money and parachute payments. Surely we still made a profit on the players we sold with those we got in? And haven’t even spent any parachute money? Blame Rodgers for us being in this league and us now pissing it. 

The parachute money will pay a proportion of our obscene wage bill for this level. 

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The parachute money will pay a proportion of our obscene wage bill for this level. 

I think it is right to have parachute money. Otherwise, relegation for any Premier League team would be so catastrophic that no one below the top 6 would spend much money because the risk becomes too great. It would mean an even less even competition. What makes English PL great is that any team on their day can beat any team.

But given we were not meant to be relegated with the squad we had, it is natural that we should be better. This is not communism where we need a complete reshuffling every season. We are meant to be better and this is why we were in the Premier League and especially for us.

Look at Southampton and Leeds though, they are not doing as well because they were truly deserving of their relegation.

Relegation is bad enough, we shouldn’t be required to dismantle everything that made up the Leicester team - if we have to we may as well be a different club? 

Imagine Rodgers was appointed to the Man U role and took them down to the Championship. It would seem sensible for Man U to be able to maintain their better squad to get themselves up.

Having said this, there should be more support to the rest of this league to narrow the gap with the Premier League. At the same time, there should really be some sort of cap on the top clubs because this gap and related problems will only get bigger and bigger if they are allowed to spend so so much money. How do they satisfy the FFP rules??? I mean Declan Rice is good but £100m? Just one player? That is the real problem.

Yes, as we are sitting pretty this is biased, but other fans should not target us. The real problem is further up top. If their spending is much more modest, the rest would not be so far apart. 

Edited by Tom12345

23 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I wish we were more attacking, we’ve only scored 10 in our last 4 league games :whistle:

IMG_0881.png

We only have the best points total, best defence and are joint top scorers in the league…yep massively struggling for goals unlike Ipswich. We only have 21 goals, Ipswich have a massive 21… wait… 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

I've just woken up with this horrible thought we're going to lose key players in January and it'll all go to shit ....:huh:

It depends where we are in the league.

If we're 10 points clear at the top, it would be insane for anyone to leave to join a relegation battle in the Premier League, and potentially end up worse off than if they'd stayed, by the summer. 

Edited by Bilo
SPaG

Horrible 1st half with PNE sat so deep with a bank of 5 and 4, we struggled to create any meaningful attacks but what we did do was make them work so hard out of possession that by the hour mark they were gone. The 2nd half performance was superb and we absolutely took advantage of the control we had in the game. What I love about this squad and management team is our ability to win games in so many different ways, it is relentless. Fully deserved that win against a side that really did park the proverbial bus. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bilo said:

If we're 10 points clear at the top, it would be insane for anyone to leave to join a relegation battle in the Premier League, and potentially end up worse off than if they'd stayed, by the summer. 

Yet you can guarantee that if Iheanacho and  Ndidi haven’t signed new contracts by January there will be some folk on here trying to argue it would be better to sell them for nominal fees than ‘lose them on a free’ in the summer…

Edited by ClaphamFox

25 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Castagna for starters Fulham have Sheff Utd next then their next four games could see them in deep trouble 

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I’m amazed their supporters think they played well. Rotherham and Huddersfield posed us more issues with really canny tactics. 

Tbf, they posed us a few problems down our left. I didn't think they were too bad. However, once we scored, we were a joy to watch & Preston were chasing shadows.