Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester City 3-0 Preston North End - Post Match Thread

11 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Are you suggesting Rotherham have a bigger budget than Preston?

As they had a goal disallowed against us, scored against us and our winning goal came in the 84th minute. They did that by utilising their wingers really well. Pinpointing a weakness we have on the left hand side of defence. 

I have an idea of what Rotherhams budget is.... general figures that knock their way around the internet are of poor standard and i can state that my findings on championship club spending  last season "did not add up" ... and looking at teams with similar crowds etc a number of figures appear to be completely untrue.  If my figures are to be believed i would suggest that the other teams you mentioned have over the years spent significantly more than us in both wages and transfers.  

As a club we haven't had a true winger for years until we got Millar on loan a couple of weeks ago but as its not a system we have used in years so its not likely to be a system that we would play against a top team like Leicester.  Our fans would like that but with the snail pace of our defense and defensive midfielders and the fact taht most teams have better quality players than us i can understand why we haven't tried it!

But not having watched the games that you played against the teams you have mentioned i wouldn't like to comment on how either they played or how you played.  But what i would say is that most championship teams are up and down in form and most for them on their day can beat each other hence why its usually quite interesting.  As an example of comparing games is understand other teams first team, as an example we had a number of first team players missing yesterday including our captain!  Some of are fans may have thought that this was a blessing..

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Speaking purely for myself and not FoxesTalk or any other Leicester fans... there'll be a reckoning about that soon I hope.

When Everton are punished by the Premier League at the end of this month we will be launching legal action against them for cheating and staying up at our expense.

And when we've won that, when the Premier League finally find Man City guilty of their 15 years of cheating, we should be suing them too for keeping us out of the Champions League two seasons in a row, the lost earnings of which lead to our inability to spend on our squad last summer (without breaking FFP rules, the same rules that Everton have broken to stay up at our expense.

Also, to be very very clear, we were genuinely shit last season.

I enjoyed that response ..... it be interested to see what happens with all that lot .

Without good governance i am afraid teams will continue to "cheat"

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Speaking purely for myself and not FoxesTalk or any other Leicester fans... there'll be a reckoning about that soon I hope.

When Everton are punished by the Premier League at the end of this month we will be launching legal action against them for cheating and staying up at our expense.

And when we've won that, when the Premier League finally find Man City guilty of their 15 years of cheating, we should be suing them too for keeping us out of the Champions League two seasons in a row, the lost earnings of which lead to our inability to spend on our squad last summer (without breaking FFP rules, the same rules that Everton have broken to stay up at our expense.

What do we do with the money that we won by getting promotion in 2013/14 at Derby County's expense when we were found to have disobeyed FFP rules.

I think it's a slippery slope.

Guest Kopfkino
1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

What do we do with the money that we won by getting promotion in 2013/14 at Derby County's expense when we were found to have disobeyed FFP rules.

I mean I also hope we’re absolutely squeaky clean ourselves for both up to last season in the PL (think Maddison’s transfer timing means it’s fine) and this season which seems like it could be very close. Would be an appalling look to kick up a fuss about others when we’d have done it twice (we’re already on Uefa’s watchlist ofc).

The idea that Everton cheated us is dumb unless they broke it again last year - it was Burnley that lost out from their rule breaking.

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

I mean I also hope we’re absolutely squeaky clean ourselves for both up to last season in the PL (think Maddison’s transfer timing means it’s fine) and this season which seems like it could be very close. Would be an appalling look to kick up a fuss about others when we’d have done it twice (we’re already on Uefa’s watchlist ofc).

The idea that Everton cheated us is dumb unless they broke it again last year - it was Burnley that lost out from their rule breaking.

They beat us fairly on the pitch over 38 games is the way I see it.

What genuine football fan really cares if they overpaid for their players?

They've not stayed up at our expense because they were signing world beaters. They're in the shit because they overpaid for absolute dog muck.

I think it's different with Man City but what Everton are going through is only because they tried (and failed) to mix it with the big boys. The same issues hit every other side that can't get into the Champions League. It'll be Brighton and Villa next. Only a matter of time until they sell players and fail to replace them. Can't keep going forever.

• Like 1

Re leaving the ground be sure to stay on the Fosse Rd/Narb rd side.Its say 15 minute walk back to the car and then once you get back on Narb Rd pretty good.I live in Narborough and would expect to be home(or pub)by 6 on a 3pm Saturday game.Parking near the hospital or alylstone rd  side is usually very busy

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

They've not stayed up at our expense because they were signing world beaters. They're in the shit because they overpaid for absolute dog muck.

I think it's different with Man City but what Everton are going through is only because they tried (and failed) to mix it with the big boys. The same issues hit every other side that can't get into the Champions League. It'll be Brighton and Villa next. Only a matter of time until they sell players and fail to replace them. Can't keep going forever.

I’m inclined to agree. 

It’s not as if Everton made us play Danny Ward in goal for the majority of the season 

16 hours ago, Drink Water said:

These Preston fans have me rolling laughing 

two.png

Someone needs to inform this jealous little Cockwomble that Jealousy is an awful trait, even in a boring let’s put all the players behind the ball time wasting bunch of cockwombles Preston Fan !!

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/21/leicester-settlement-football-league-ffp

The statements made clear that: “In reaching the settlement, the EFL acknowledges that the club did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the rules or to deceive and that the dispute arose out of genuine differences of interpretation of the rules between the parties.”

7 hours ago, white traveller said:

I have an idea of what Rotherhams budget is.... general figures that knock their way around the internet are of poor standard and i can state that my findings on championship club spending  last season "did not add up" ... and looking at teams with similar crowds etc a number of figures appear to be completely untrue.  If my figures are to be believed i would suggest that the other teams you mentioned have over the years spent significantly more than us in both wages and transfers.  

As a club we haven't had a true winger for years until we got Millar on loan a couple of weeks ago but as its not a system we have used in years so its not likely to be a system that we would play against a top team like Leicester.  Our fans would like that but with the snail pace of our defense and defensive midfielders and the fact taht most teams have better quality players than us i can understand why we haven't tried it!

But not having watched the games that you played against the teams you have mentioned i wouldn't like to comment on how either they played or how you played.  But what i would say is that most championship teams are up and down in form and most for them on their day can beat each other hence why its usually quite interesting.  As an example of comparing games is understand other teams first team, as an example we had a number of first team players missing yesterday including our captain!  Some of are fans may have thought that this was a blessing..

Frankly we have struggled  at home and could have lost  3 and drawn one  Teams at home are almost obliged to attack and frankly have made it much easier for us   to win away  but as every visitor is playing the same I think home matches will  cease to be a problem   i  would point out that the standard  of the league is somewhat suspect with the 3 promoted teams doing so badly  although Burnley  will probabllly confound the critics  and although  early a team who didnt even win DIV 1  are only 2 points behind  us  but nobody is saying they are too good for the division 

5 hours ago, white traveller said:

I enjoyed that response ..... it be interested to see what happens with all that lot .

Without good governance i am afraid teams will continue to "cheat"

Massive difference between what should happen and what will. The cheats in English football already have the league under their control. The whole thing needs burning down.

5 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Someone needs to inform this jealous little Cockwomble that Jealousy is an awful trait, even in a boring let’s put all the players behind the ball time wasting bunch of cockwombles Preston Fan !!

Cut him some slack, it must be really hard being a fan of a club that has done nothing for years. I find it most apt that Deepdale is home to the museum of football.

7 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I would love the club to succeed in getting something out of Everton regardless, but we have to ask how the big clubs can spend hundreds of millions each year and the PL is looking at Everton. 

Edited by Tom12345

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I completely agree with you that both Everton and Man C (and any other team who bends/breaks the rules) should be held accountable. 

However, Everton allegedly (got to put that in there) cheating is probably down at number 29 (of a list of 30) for why we got relegated last year. The other 28 reasons are all our own doing. Your last sentence being number 5 behind, Rodgers, Top, Rudkin, Ward and recruitment. Top showing up to more games this season than in the entire last two seasons is evident of the level of **** up last year that he has (thankfully) realised (albeit without substantial changes where it matters - I’m looking at you Jon). 

The team that we had out yesterday would probably have at least 5 in the PL this year wishing they had such players in their ranks. Our relegation for where we were, for who we had (cowards) is one of the PLs great travesties which we mainly inflicted on ourselves. 

On 05/10/2023 at 11:59, steveherbe said:

Yes. Took us nearly 2.5 hours to get to the M1/M69 junction at the end of Narborough Rd. Didn't get home to Winchester until 0240 thanks to M1 and A43 road closures, bloody nightmare.

Experienced the same nightmare. Got in the car at 10pm after the match & got home to South Derbyshire about 30 miles away at 12:45am.