Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester City 3-0 Preston North End - Post Match Thread

Guest Col city fan
Just now, TrentFox said:

Golf day today,  so only got back to see the last 30 minutes, but wow! Thought that was as good as we’ve played. The transformation Enzo has overseen is fabulous and was summed up for me in the 92nd minute. The game was over. Faes slipped but still, from the floor, slid in head first whilst on the deck, to try and win it back. We all know that spirit wasn’t there last season. Delighted it’s back, now.  👏

Important point you make here Trent.

They ARE playing for each other and the manager.

Always a great sign and in stark contrast to much of last season.

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Fair enough I agree with you lol can we agree on that for me too? lol Also if i'm coming across in any sort of aggressive way it's not meant like that, we've both been on here a long time so it's all opinions!

Yeh. I didn’t bother to read the other reply tbh 😁

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Important point you make here Trent.

They ARE playing for each other and the manager.

Always a great sign and in stark contrast to much of last season.

Yep there was an overhit ball i think from faes to the left flank at near the end, but it was still applauded for looking for it. 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Would have been happy if we just kept in touch with the top 6 from the first 10 this season, after the mess we were in. This has been a remarkable, very unexpected start and we are playing some beautiful football. We are top and fully deserve to be 

I agree.

This could have easily turned very sour after last season.

The appointment of Enzo has been a superb one I must admit.

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Would have been happy if we just kept in touch with the top 6 from the first 10 this season, after the mess we were in. This has been a remarkable, very unexpected start and we are playing some beautiful football. We are top and fully deserve to be 

It's shocking really, when we came into this season I thought on paper we have the quality to be up there, but the last 2 years of Rodgersball had just embedded this idea in my mind that most of them were finished, in the end it was just 100% a Rodgers thing.

• Like 1

Can't say I enjoyed watching that at all, not the first 60 minutes anyway. The thing is, Preston are pretty decent at defending deep. Most teams that try it are crap and although they can sometimes hold out, invariably it gets exposed early and then unravels.

Whether it was Preston defending well in the 1st half or we were struggling I'm not sure. I felt we could have dealt with things much better though, we seemed to repeatedly attack our left side and it kept breaking down but didn't opt to push Justin up to help or swap Ndidi and KDH around. Fatawu might as well have sat the 1st half out, he wasn't needed.

Anyway, minor gripes but I think we can push standards higher. Coady's use of the ball tonight was limited, people think Souttar struggles to pass, christ. Let's hope he can improve because the loss of Doyle and not having that angle to get the ball through the lines quicker, does put more pressure on the CB's being more adventurous with their passing. 

Mavididi really disappointed me 2nd half today, where as Yunus immediately came on and made an impact. 

Final 30 mins we were excellent, the subs made a difference and some really solid and positive football. 

Job done, let's freshen it up for Saturday and get another win chalked up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Weller Wing said:

Tough game until the breakthrough and then totally dominant. 

Game ended and I thought , what could make tonight even more enjoyable?

Maybe Celtic losing to a late winner?

Thanks Lazio👏👏😄😄😄

After Celtic had theirs ruled out. Enough to make me get the handwipes out