Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester City 3-0 Preston North End - Post Match Thread

Frustrating first half followed by a fantastic second half once we’d scored. Again, their only chances came from our errors. Never put under any real pressure, dominated the ball and stayed patient against a side that obviously were happy to soak it up and hit us on the counter. Fair play to their fans though, a decent number on a Wednesday night and made a bit of noise. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

I cant make my mind up whether we're the dogs bollocks or the rest of the league are shite. 😁

I have been pretty shocked how bad the standard is in the Championship. Preston in 3rd looked absolutely doggo tonight. 

We are winning in style though and you only have to look at Southampton and Leeds, to realise that we are doing things right. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

I cant make my mind up whether we're the dogs bollocks or the rest of the league are shite. 😁

It is probably a bit of both but in any event we are certainly improving and playing Enzoball is infinitely better than Rodgerball. 

I think the first half shows we are still quite a bit off to be more of the former when we face Premier League opposition. The game against Liverpool (even though both teams rotated heavily) showed that we are indeed some way off still. But as Enzo said it is a long process and we are only 10 games in. It is looking up.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

Delighted to shithouse it. We were poor in terms of breaking them down but got a bit of luck and after that it was a stroll. 

You can see why PNE don’t lose games but it’s a sad indictment of the league that they can get 20 points from an 8/9/10 game period. Shame as Ryan Lowe kicked off Plymouth’s rise playing super football.

13 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

KDH saying on Radio Leicester that everyone is really buying in to the  vision as a squad and the atmosphere is great currently even with those not getting many minutes .

He didn't say it but you could tell he was almost hinting that certain players last year had downed tools and stopped playing.

Rodgers has a lot to answer for but I'm glad Enzo has everyone fully onside.

I think the last action of the game was Faes breaking forward into their half on the attack, and he looked really annoyed that the ref blew up haha. A team enjoying their football.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I have been pretty shocked how bad the standard is in the Championship. Preston in 3rd looked absolutely doggo tonight. 

We are winning in style though and you only have to look at Southampton and Leeds, to realise that we are doing things right. 

My daughter came up with exactly the same analysis. I agree where Southampton and Leeds are concerned and I must admit our recruitment has been first class this summer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Preston are easily the worse team we have faced so far which is a surprise due to their league position, got to have been the most dullest 3-0 win I’ve seen but happy to take the points regardless

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Preston are easily the worse team we have faced so far which is a surprise due to their league position, got to have been the most dullest 3-0 win I’ve seen but happy to take the points regardless

They dropped back, worked hard but nothing special. Once we got our passing going in the second half they didn’t stand a chance 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Often goes one of two ways when a dominant team plays. The opposition see it as a potential massive scalp and up their game dramatically, or they are intimidated and give a tail between the legs type performance. Definitely felt like we got the latter from Preston tonight. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't say I enjoyed watching that at all, not the first 60 minutes anyway. The thing is, Preston are pretty decent at defending deep. Most teams that try it are crap and although they can sometimes hold out, invariably it gets exposed early and then unravels.

Whether it was Preston defending well in the 1st half or we were struggling I'm not sure. I felt we could have dealt with things much better though, we seemed to repeatedly attack our left side and it kept breaking down but didn't opt to push Justin up to help or swap Ndidi and KDH around. Fatawu might as well have sat the 1st half out, he wasn't needed.

Anyway, minor gripes but I think we can push standards higher. Coady's use of the ball tonight was limited, people think Souttar struggles to pass, christ. Let's hope he can improve because the loss of Doyle and not having that angle to get the ball through the lines quicker, does put more pressure on the CB's being more adventurous with their passing. 

Mavididi really disappointed me 2nd half today, where as Yunus immediately came on and made an impact. 

Final 30 mins we were excellent, the subs made a difference and some really solid and positive football. 

Job done, let's freshen it up for Saturday and get another win chalked up.

I thought the first half performance was connected to this.... His first pass was awful and he seemed to take 10-15 minutes to calm down after, sticking to very easy and predictable passes. I can't believe I'm saying this but I think Vestergaard looks way better with the ball at his feet than Coady.

• Like 4

Guest Kopfkino
4 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

On their forum they thought they’d played well . I thought they were shite. They had a reasonable 10 minutes before HT and 5 minutes after but the rest they were comfortably the worst team we’ve played. No chance of the play offs on that form for them. Utter dogshite for the majority 

I can understand why their fans think they played well. They stayed in the game for an hour, frustrated us and restricted us to very little. They were pretty much all seeing it as a free hit before the game, nae ambition just like the team. Act like a League 2 side in the cup and you can be pretty happy with anything 

13 minutes ago, String fellow said:

We're in the wrong league, as are Luton. Maybe the PL should allow the two clubs to swap leagues - not at the end of the season, but now!

True, but as a few people have already alluded to, our new brand of football is best practised at this level and hopefully we can kick on. Luton will end similarly to Norwich, slightly admirable that they try to work with what they've got but lack of spending will see them down. 

• Like 2