Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester City 3-0 Preston North End - Post Match Thread

My fear tonight was they would sit back all night and get a 0-0 or grab one on the break for the win and it would inspire teams to park the bus against us and make our home games much more difficult. 

The fact we put 3 past them will put teams off from doing that a bit and they’ll see so far the only team to beat us came at us which will play into our hands a bit more. 

Very happy. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nick said:

Dewsbury-Hall made it 3-0 in the 90th minute on the rebound after Woodman had parried Iheanacho's shot. Iheanacho had started the move himself with a ball to fellow sub Marc Albrighton.

way to underplay that goal. what a  twerp. 

• Haha 1

That second half was f***ing brilliant. After the first half i was worried a little, and felt the ref had largely lost control of things too. Then when their keeper resorted to time wasting almost immediately i knew something was up. KDH pounced and they legs turned to jelly. Last goal was brilliant from Nacho. We've not seen anything like that from him so far this season. Long may it continue.

Just brilliant all round.

That second half sheeeesh everyone was class. Winks is absolutely unbelievable. We seriously took the piss and there was nothing that they could do. You could tell all of our players were on the same wavelength and loving it. Seeing a team this well coached just shows up the shambles of last season. Hopefully batter stoke now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Thought that Winks looked a bit ragged at times tonight. Probably understandable with the amount of games he's been playing and with a suspension hanging over him. 

That’s weird I thought he was fantastic. A couple of missed placed passes which I guess for him is bad.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Flamey said:

Are you on here 'lost in space'? :ph34r:

Screenshot_20231004-223914.png

Their forum is quite an entertaining read, they sound very bitter that we're even in the same division as them, like it's not fair on them.

Some of them even suggesting that Ipswich will be the tougher test for them because they're more attacking and score more goals. While I agree that Ipswich's style is a bit quicker than ours, they neglect to mention the fact that both ourselves and Ipswich have scored the same amount of goals this season, the difference between us is that we're more solid at the back. 

1st half tonight was a bit meh, if we're being honest. I've been a huge advocate of remaining patient, but switching Ndidi and KDH round didn't make sense to me, it stunted us going forward and I had a horrible feeling at half time they were gonna nick that game. But as always, we plugged away and got our reward. 

I'm looking forward to playing Ipswich as so far in this early part they look like real contenders and the 2 contrasting styles should make for a great game. 

Still 36 games, that's almost an entire premier league season, would be nice to sign off for the international break with a win on Saturday  this time on

Is it me or have recent games of ours been no different to previous seasons in terms of how injury time is totted up? I've not seen much additional time added on to our games, even the Blackburn game was less than I thought given the lengthy injuries to a few players 2nd half.

The Hull game was a disgrace. Minor gripe given we keep winning but something to watch out for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Is it me or have recent games of ours been no different to previous seasons in terms of how injury time is totted up? I've not seen much additional time added on to our games, even the Blackburn game was less than I thought given the lengthy injuries to a few players 2nd half.

The Hull game was a disgrace. Minor gripe given we keep winning but something to watch out for.

I burst a blood vessel in my neck when the 3 minutes went up against Hull.

They seem to have lowered it a bit in certain Prem games but then others still have the usual 10/11. 

Like every other rule, it's as consistent as my shits after a Memsaab

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’m gonna say it now. We will have enough points for automatic promotion by game number 27 this season. 

The count has started....

15 wins from 36 games = 45+27= 72pts

That's 45 pts from 36 games, bottom half form. That would probably get us a play-off place.

20 wins from 36 games = 60+27=87pts

60 pts from 36 games, that would probably be enough for a top-2 spot.

Every game we win makes it look a little bit easier!

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I was wondering if tonight, the ref made a judgement call. There definately should have been more than 4 but seeing as how most of that came from PNE when it was still tied up, it shouldn't then go on to benefit them later in the game. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The 1st half was that entertaining I started to count the clock every time the ball dead at the start of the 2nd half, by 55 minutes Preston had taken nearly 3 minutes for goals kicks and throw ins, add to that was it 9 subs and 3 goals, I have absolutely no idea how they only got 4 minutes

• Like 1

We're gonna have 4 or 5 players hitting double figures for goals and maybe even assists. Really can't have any complaints with how we've gone about this season so far, it's been top class. Dewsbury-Hall will hopefully continue to show the naysayers up and prove why he's so highly rated outside of our fanbase!