Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Stoke City (h) pre match thread

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Vestergaard is far and away the better defender so I assume him.

Is he? I'd say Coady is a better defender and organiser  IMO, but in the system we play, Vestergaard is the better option, particularly against sides where we probably don't need to defend that much and he has time to play through the line passes which he excels at.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sampson said:

I miss the old days where Birch would wheel out ex-players at half time, often players who’d played for both clubs. Would love them to bring out Huth for this one.

It's a shame that Banks isn't no longer around.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, filbertway said:

Vesty wide left seems like a recipe for disaster, assuming whoever on the right for Stoke has a pair of functioning legs :D

Haha you've read it wrong. It's Ricardo LB and Hamza as the inverted RB with Faes RCB and Vestergaard LCB (what both of them have been playing)

Then when Ricardo needs a rest, Justin back at LB and Hamza inverted RB.

11 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Justin tries but you can clearly see the difference a lack of left footer in this formation. However can't see any other option at the moment. I think we can manage it. 

McAteer on the right gave us an option of someone not needing to cut inside. Would like to give Fatawu a start from the left.

...would like to see Madivadua come in on the left with Akgun and Casadei as the 8's!!!

Fatawu stays on the right, he has to take the lead as the go-to winger for this game, we tend to lean heavily on the left-hand side, and he needs to step up.

I think we’ll see a few changes with this being our 3rd game in just under a week. I think Enzo might go for something like this …

Herman

Faes Vesty Hamza

RickyP  Winks

Albrighton Casadei Yunus Fatawu

Nacho

If in the lead at HT, I can see the following changes:

JJ for Ricky

Coady for Faes

Mavididi for Fatawu

On 04/10/2023 at 17:05, midland_red said:

that shitpit. Horrible club in a horrible town. Put them to the sword

On 04/10/2023 at 17:33, Jobyfox said:

That’s the spirit.

Why don’t we denigrate the whole of Staffordshire while we’re at it! 

According to my late grandmother, some of her ancestors emigrated from there.

Glad they had what it took, to up stakes and ditch a shitpit  :thumbup:

(imagine my regrets for ignoring Potters as a club despite those roots)  :ph34r:

7 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Is he? I'd say Coady is a better defender and organiser  IMO, but in the system we play, Vestergaard is the better option, particularly against sides where we probably don't need to defend that much and he has time to play through the line passes which he excels at.

Vesty is statistically miles ahead of Coady in defensive attributes. Which is unbelievable considering how poor he had been for us.

Coadys reputation is pretty mad considering hes been binned off by an average and then a poor Premier league team.

Top notch bloke but I really don't understand the hype around him as a defender.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Vesty is statistically miles ahead of Coady in defensive attributes. Which is unbelievable considering how poor he had been for us.

Coadys reputation is pretty mad considering hes been binned off by an average and then a poor Premier league team.

Top notch bloke but I really don't understand the hype around him as a defender.

Fair point. But watch Enzo improve him no end before the seasons over.

Like JJ he's only getting his match fitness back by playing games. We're going to need everyone over the season.

What I like about Enzo is he takes each player as an individual and improves them.

That's the sign of a great Manager.

• Like 1

Last time we met in the corresponding fixture and the league they had the likes of Butland (who scored an own goal), Shaqiri, Allen, Zouma, Choupu-Moting (remember him?), Adam, N'Diaye, and Diouf and Paul Lambert in charge!

Then, more recently, there was that demolition in the cup. 

19 minutes ago, Raj said:

Last home game before the last international break we lost to Dull City.

So 0-1 to Stoke.

And then we go on another 8 game winning run after the break!!

Stoke City are a piss poor championship side, we should be beating them quite comfortably!

58 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

while i think theyd have been a fair few changes if we had a game next weekend but given its an international break coming up....

I can only see maybe 3 changes, with Vestergaard coming in for Coady, maybe Yunus coming in too for Fatawu and Kel in for Vardy

That's why I've been mulling over. Not sure how many changes there'll be. Although it's the international break, he will have to factor in that the likes of Faes, Wilf and Iheanacho will likely play twice whilst away.

• Like 1