Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Stoke City (h) pre match thread

Would be easy for our players to see this one as the 'easiest' out of the recent run of fixtures. That's when we can become unstuck and post another Hull type result. 

Hate losing the game before an international break and it's a common occurance for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

That's why I've been mulling over. Not sure how many changes there'll be. Although it's the international break, he will have to factor in that the likes of Faes, Wilf and Iheanacho will likely play twice whilst away.

thats true with the 3 youve mentioned, though it would be interesting to see how Vestergaard Coady partnership could get on, 

also would be a good chance for the Casadei to be given a go too,

but its a tough call

For me, Stoke went from "meh" to "I feken hate this lot" thanks to that 0-0 game at theirs in 2008. We showed much more class when the same happened with us going up and Doncaster being relegated at KP six years later. 

Tony Pulis' anti-football then made me dislike them from a sporting point of view too.

The whole "can you do it in Stoke on a blah blah" is also a massive myth. Since spring 2016, they've lost more games at home than they've won. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha you've read it wrong. It's Ricardo LB and Hamza as the inverted RB with Faes RCB and Vestergaard LCB (what both of them have been playing)

Then when Ricardo needs a rest, Justin back at LB and Hamza inverted RB.

Ahh I follow now mate haha.

I really don't like Hamza in that position but I think weighed up against the opposition and not wanting to break another defender. Its probably a logical shout

Part of me thinks, just shift Hamza out lcb and let Ricardo play in his strongest role

Totally agree. Hamza looked decent for a short period at left back against Preston on Wednesday. There was a period where him, Coady, Winks and Fatawu were knocking it around brilliantly and then we broke away and nearly scored. 

Wouldn't mind:

Hermansen

Faes Coady Hamza

Ricardo Winks

It looked to me like Justin was on the brink of too much football v Preston. Give him a couple of weeks off and then he can hopefully settle in for another 10 games.

For me, if your 2 centre backs play 3rd in the league and keep a clean sheet you shouldn't be changing that partnership for the next home game. Vestergaard has done well but Coady is  £10m england international so shouldn't just be benched after a 3 nil win unless they are worried about his foot.

A lot of talk about potential changes in this thread. Some talking of Albrighton, Casedei etc starting. I seriously cannot see this. Last fixture before a break I’m sure the only players pushing Weds XI are Vesty, and poss. Kel. Beyond that I can’t see any other changes…

Hopefully 3pts and a relaxed international break for some of the squad. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OriginalRobboFOX said:

A lot of talk about potential changes in this thread. Some talking of Albrighton, Casedei etc starting. I seriously cannot see this. Last fixture before a break I’m sure the only players pushing Weds XI are Vesty, and poss. Kel. Beyond that I can’t see any other changes…

Hopefully 3pts and a relaxed international break for some of the squad. 

I think Kel would start if it wasn't Stoke, you can guarantee their fans will wind Vardy up just how he likes it!

Nacho on at the end to kill off their makeshift defence

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I guess you weren't around for the play off games many moons ago. Their fans on the pitch after trying to attack the away end, outside smashing up buses and cars linked to us, spitting on and attacking children as they left the ground.

Absolute scum of the earth that day and never forgotten.

I remember those days also

i have to say apart from the red scum I hate this lot more than anyone else (Spuds included)

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I guess you weren't around for the play off games many moons ago. Their fans on the pitch after trying to attack the away end, outside smashing up buses and cars linked to us, spitting on and attacking children as they left the ground.

I wasn't nope. 1996, wasn't it? Was still living in Finland back then. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I just remember coming out of the ground, the police helicopter was going overhead,   walking down some dark side streets back to the car, not saying a word just wanting to get away from place  asap. 

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Stoke City

Any new injuries?

“Fortunately, we don’t have any fresh injuries.”

Cannon?

“Still in the same process. He’s very far from coming back with us.”

Form?

“Very pleased for the players. They are making a huge effort to understand how we’re working.”

Speak to Top in midweek?

“He was already here against Coventry and he was happy. It’s good. Every time I’ve met him he’s been positive and happy.”

Don't want international break because run of wins?

“No, the international break is perfect for us. We need to recover the energy. We are going to try to arrive there better than last time, when we lost against Hull.”

Plans for international break?

“The same thing we did the last time. We’ll see the players who are with us and see if we can improve them. We’ll work with the defence line, the midfield line, or the attack line, but it depends how many players are here.”

Stoke?

“They played 10 games and have changed six or seven times their shape. We don’t have a clear idea of how they’re going to press and how they’re going to build. The stats show they are very aggressive. Direct. They cross a lot.”

Rotation?

“We’ll see about some rotation. But all of them deserve to play again.”

City Women?

“We wish them all the best. Hopefully soon we can go to see some games.”

What's the usual timeliness for a stress fracture in the back? It's been about 6-7 weeks since he made a brief appearance for Everton and then signed for us the following week.

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What's the usual timeliness for a stress fracture in the back? It's been about 6-7 weeks since he made a brief appearance for Everton and then signed for us the following week.

3 months ish i would say. Be surprised if he isn't back for December. 

It would be good to have him for the Christmas period ready for Jan where i am guessing he will work as Vardy's backup. 

4 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Would love to see Souttar given a chance against his former club, alongside Vestergard; if only to set another record: tallest centre back pairing in world football! Combined height: 13' 1½"  !! :D

Enzo is not going to play Souttar just because he used to play for Stoke, it will be Faes and Vesterguard