Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Stoke City (h) pre match thread

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Just had a glance at their forum and one poster is claiming that we’re ‘venerable playing out from the back’. Well I think our defence is worthy of respect too but I wouldn’t go that far….

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/310218/leicester-city-stoke?page=4

COME PRESS US THEN, IF YA THINK YA ‘ARD ENOUGH!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Just had a glance at their forum and one poster is claiming that we’re ‘venerable playing out from the back’. Well I think our defence is worthy of respect too but I wouldn’t go that far….

never ceases to amaze me the amount of non LCFC references to Nachos 'pace'

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It’s better reading through some of the spelling in that forum😅

6 hours ago, dynamark said:

Just wonder what a stress fracture of the back is/feels like.Its a long series of vertibrae connected together when I last looked.Has he got one damaged or slipped disc trapped nerves ?

My missis is just recovering from a stress fracture in one vertebra. Very painful and exercise can open the fracture and prevent it healing, leading to longer recovery time. Can also cause misalignment which is like slipped disc/ trapped nerve as you suggest. Actual bone can heal in 6-8 weeks but 6 months after fracture she is still on medication for the pain. All different ofcourse but wouldn't be surprised if we don't see much of him this season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

we do have Bede Island

• Haha 2

You never know, Leicester cocky, Stoke spirit that I saw at the end on Tuesday night and 3500 stokies on an away day, you never know! A crunching tackle a bad ref decision and a Vardy miss and its game on

football fans are so ****in weird lol 

12 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

For me, Stoke went from "meh" to "I feken hate this lot" thanks to that 0-0 game at theirs in 2008. We showed much more class when the same happened with us going up and Doncaster being relegated at KP six years later. 

Tony Pulis' anti-football then made me dislike them from a sporting point of view too.

The whole "can you do it in Stoke on a blah blah" is also a massive myth. Since spring 2016, they've lost more games at home than they've won. 

I think the "can he do it in Stoke on a Tuesday night" became more of a can he actually turn up and stomach being there for 90 minutes rather than it's a hard place for a player to perform. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I think the "can he do it in Stoke on a Tuesday night" became more of a can he actually turn up and stomach being there for 90 minutes rather than it's a hard place for a player to perform. 

Yep, coach driver will be told to start the engine when the stoppage time board goes up and the team will be on the bus still in their full kit.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Stoke City

Any new injuries?

“Fortunately, we don’t have any fresh injuries.”

Cannon?

“Still in the same process. He’s very far from coming back with us.”

Form?

“Very pleased for the players. They are making a huge effort to understand how we’re working.”

Speak to Top in midweek?

“He was already here against Coventry and he was happy. It’s good. Every time I’ve met him he’s been positive and happy.”

Don't want international break because run of wins?

“No, the international break is perfect for us. We need to recover the energy. We are going to try to arrive there better than last time, when we lost against Hull.”

Plans for international break?

“The same thing we did the last time. We’ll see the players who are with us and see if we can improve them. We’ll work with the defence line, the midfield line, or the attack line, but it depends how many players are here.”

Stoke?

“They played 10 games and have changed six or seven times their shape. We don’t have a clear idea of how they’re going to press and how they’re going to build. The stats show they are very aggressive. Direct. They cross a lot.”

Rotation?

“We’ll see about some rotation. But all of them deserve to play again.”

City Women?

“We wish them all the best. Hopefully soon we can go to see some games.”

Love his quotes. To the point, no BS. No Brodgers rubbish