Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Dilemma about us

Just a thought that has been nagging at me in the last couple of weeks and the way we have started and are continuing to get results.

Are we going to be a great team in the championship only to become a poor team in the Premier League?

As someone said in the the match thread, we seem to fit somewhere between the two.

I hope we're not going to be that yo-yo team once again.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Just a thought that has been nagging at me in the last couple of weeks and the way we have started and are continuing to get results.

Are we going to be a great team in the championship only to become a poor team in the Premier League?

As someone said in the the match thread, ideally we fit somewhere between the two.

I trust Maresca. He's mentioned several times the idea of solving problems. Should we get promoted I hope and believe he will be pragmatic in his approach and will adapt (adapt - not change entirely) our style of play to the opposition when and where required. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Who cares. We’re in the Championship. Let’s just bloody enjoy that before we start worrying about winning the Premier League again. One title at a time, ok?  🤣

I never said anything about winning the PL again. Read my post properly.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

What on earth is the point worrying about next season and potentially being a poor team in a division we're not even in.

It's not even been a quarter of a season yet.

Because it's a possibility. I'm thoroughly invested in Maresca and the team and how we're playing but just look at the league we're in and the gulf in class. 

Would it transfer to the PL?

Hope so.

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I know ya paranoid moron. It was irony. Some people don’t do well with irony. 

Offensive. I'm not a moron. That kind of insult is reserved for .. well... you

Explain the irony in your post, then.

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Parafox said:

As someone said in the the match thread, we seem to fit somewhere between the two.

Lets be honest. Burnley play the same style of football as us and they are 18th with a squad that is much worse on paper. Players in our reserves would start for them. 

We will be fine. We just need to buy a good Huth regen to shore up the defence and we will easily manage 15th or above.

7 minutes ago, Parafox said:

It's still very early 

7 minutes ago, Parafox said:

It's still very early day! However, new manager, new system, new players and we're improving every week. So with all that compared to some of the more settled opposition we're doing incredibly well! I'm sure there's growth and improvement in us too, what on earth do some people expect?

In the Premiership there'd not be as many teams as now just sitting with 10 players behind the ball which, if we progress accordingly, should play into our hands. I'm sure we'd strengthen too!

There's a hole new vibe around the club now the poisoned dwarf has gone. Discipline, endeavour, work rate, fitness and a belief and confidence in what we're doing. We seemingly have a decent knowledgeable manager and coaching staff. 

I seriously think we can grow and rise again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Lets be honest. Burnley play the same style of football as us and they are 18th with a squad that is much worse on paper. Players in our reserves would start for them. 

We will be fine. We just need to buy a good Huth regen to shore up the defence and we will easily manage 15th or above.

Thank you for your reasoned response rather than that of other's @ARM1968 for example.

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's still very early 

It's still very early day! However, new manager, new system, new players and we're improving every week. So with all that compared to some of the more settled opposition we're doing incredibly well! I'm sure there's growth and improvement in us too, what on earth do some people expect?

In the Premiership there'd not be as many teams as now just sitting with 10 players behind the ball which, if we progress accordingly, should play into our hands. I'm sure we'd strengthen too!

There's a hole new vibe around the club now the poisoned dwarf has gone. Discipline, endeavour, work rate, fitness and a belief and confidence in what we're doing. We seemingly have a decent knowledgeable manager and coaching staff. 

I seriously think we can grow and rise again. 

We also have a lot of players with good PL experience already, it isn’t going to come as a shock to them. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Weird topic 

How long have you been a member of FT to call this a weird topic lol

Like so many others, I was just putting my thoughts out there.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1