Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Dilemma about us

Actually, Burnley don’t play the same style of football as us. They have no players anything like Dewsbury Hall, Winks or Vardy and Nacho.

Lets sort this season first before our fan base chip in with their class half empty, negative topics. 

Don’t really care. I am absolutely loving taking the piss this season. I loved it last time too, it’s a breath of fresh air after last season.

Whatever will be will be, but we have the right manager and a good team right now. If we’re going to yo-yo so be it, at least we aren’t a boring team to follow. Winning pots is all it’s about, we do that in spades.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Actually, Burnley don’t play the same style of football as us. They have no players anything like Dewsbury Hall, Winks or Vardy and Nacho.

Lets sort this season first before our fan base chip in with their class half empty, negative topics. 

Thats like saying a Ford isn’t a car because it isn’t as fast as a Lamborghini. Burnley use very similar tactics to us because Vincent Kompany and Enzo Maresca both are heavily influenced by Pep Guardiola. One was a captain in his side and another was a coach for him. 

Main difference is one of us has KDH and Ricardo in midfield and the other has Brownhill and Cullen. 

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just really don't care about nor am thinking about the Premier League until we get there, it's just pointless to waste time thinking about it, if we carry on as we have this season it's going to be quite a ride - enjoy it!

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

I think we are currently better than several sides in the PL. And I think we would add quality in the Summer. So it doesn't currently worry me at all. As long as we keep our manager.

We ain't there so we can't prove it..

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We ain't there so we can't prove it..

Of course theres no definite proof but who out of Burnley, Sheffield united, Bournemouth or Luton make it into our starting 11? 

Hamer, Billing or McAtee are the only ones from any of those teams I would take in our starting 11. 

• Like 2

I'd be lying if I said I don't watch some of the chances the opposition has had against us this year and think we'd be 1 or 2 down against teams in the PL. But it's way too early to be thinking in those terms. We have no idea how this team will evolve, how strong the PL will be next year or if we'll even be in it. Let's just trust the process and get a good feeling around the football club again for now 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Anyone thinking we'd cut it in the Premier League at the moment is delusional. We would be rock bottom or there abouts. 

We'll need to spend about £250m to get back to that to that top 10 side again challenging for Europe. 

We're absolutely miles better than Sheffield United and Luton. It's an indictment on Rodgers' management.

• Like 2

on the contrary I think we will be stronger now than had we stayed up. 

In a parallel universe somewhere, doucoure shanks his effort wide, we stay in the prem and we waste a summer with dean smith. he would have rebuilt our squad to set up in a 631 against big sides and 4-2-4 for lesser sides. 

Relegation was the best thing that could have happened to us. It’s allowed us a full reset and we can worry about the next step when we get there. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

on the contrary I think we will be stronger now than had we stayed up. 

In a parallel universe somewhere, doucoure shanks his effort wide, we stay in the prem and we waste a summer with dean smith. he would have rebuilt our squad to set up in a 631 against big sides and 4-2-4 for lesser sides. 

Relegation was the best thing that could have happened to us. It’s allowed us a full reset and we can worry about the next step when we get there. 

Yup even if we had sacked off Dean Smith because Rudkin is a tool that fellated his way into the DOF role he would have given the job to Marsch or Russel Martin and we would have been down the next season. 

7 hours ago, Parafox said:

Just a thought that has been nagging at me in the last couple of weeks and the way we have started and are continuing to get results.

Are we going to be a great team in the championship only to become a poor team in the Premier League?

As someone said in the the match thread, we seem to fit somewhere between the two.

I hope we're not going to be that yo-yo team once again.

I don't think it's something we need to worry about yet but the early signs of Maresca suggest we have a manager to be excited about. He's won us 9 games out of 10 already after the mess from last season so he has my full trust. Obviously like any team going up a lot will be based on recruitment