Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Dilemma about us

32 minutes ago, Lionator said:

This thinking comes from the idea that Burnley are crap, they're not and will still stay up this season, they've just taken time to find their feet and they've generally had tricky games so far. Their opening 7 games have been Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Forest and Luton. 4 points is a good return and they'll pull away as time goes on and they play more teams around them.

We would be fine but let's get up first.

Yep. It's amazing how Burnley are already being held up as an example of how newly-promoted teams struggle in the PL when a brief glance at their opening fixture list should make anybody pause before passing judgment.

Edited by ClaphamFox

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m enjoying it for what it is, there is logic and a theory that works, in this league, I get it.

Without going full Pep, Rodri or Klopp, teams in this league are gonna come up against us and “not play how we want them to” (Well, duh, isn’t that the idea, to make it hard and frustrate the opponent), sit behind and force us to break them down - we’re doing it incredibly well.

I do have some pretty big concerns if we go up that we’ll play in the same way, a way which we have proven ourselves in the last few years that isn’t positive, exciting or successful - in the Premier League teams are not going to be scared of Leicester City, teams are not going to sit behind the ball - there will be no reason to play in such a way that will only cause problems for ourselves.

For now though, that’s going to the back of my mind and I’m enjoying this season, it’s been too long since I’ve been able to say that!

I'm a bit confused - are you saying if we get promoted you think Maresca will revert to the same tactics as Brendan? Why on earth would he do that?

4 minutes ago, Nick said:

For me, the biggest challenge we are likely to face over the next 18 months will be holding on to our manager.

I think from what I’ve seen and heard from him he won’t just jump ship ..  he’s come here due to what he’s seen of the club ..  the ambition the facilities and the fan base ..  he’s here for the whole journey imo. 

11 hours ago, Parafox said:

Just a thought that has been nagging at me in the last couple of weeks and the way we have started and are continuing to get results.

Are we going to be a great team in the championship only to become a poor team in the Premier League?

As someone said in the the match thread, we seem to fit somewhere between the two.

I hope we're not going to be that yo-yo team once again.

The future takes care of itself,if one respects the present...9 months of worry..why:dunno:....we have just come from 2 seasons of ...worry..

Time now to thank heavens there is a plan a system ran with common sense,but welcome knowledge that we are only at the begining of something new...

Let's enjoy and embrace the now.

Sport has always been about the build development & phases of evolving,or

The revolving..:tumbleweed:and staying still.

This early summer we couldn't of dreamed of a progressive manager,his team,the type of new players,Academy players answering the challenge and everybody slowly working & happily being and taking on the new system challenge..

We LCFC has again dragged outself out of the cold...and gave ourselves again a Reason...but this present moment of the now is the source for the future..

We are in a very comfortable nice moment..innit.

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Recruitment next summer (if we bounce back) will dictate everything.  Look at what brighton have achieved with excellent recruitment. You don’t have to spend a fortune. 

They have spent 200m over the last 3 season which is a decent amount.

50 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Recruitment next summer (if we bounce back) will dictate everything.  Look at what brighton have achieved with excellent recruitment. You don’t have to spend a fortune. 

We already might have the right players🤫 that can evolve into those ..we might of thought of buying,investing into...We have had that horrible phase of buying,because it seemed right to do. Nothing now in October 23,will give us even an inkling of next August 24 needs.

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

They have spent 200m over the last 3 season which is a decent amount.

65.       47.      87  (£m)  87 being this summer.   Fair point that these aren’t insignificant amounts.  this was across 18 players (where fees paid).  Averaging £11m per incoming is a lot better than we were managing 

We've got our confidence back and I think this team playing this way in the Premiership would be good enough to stay up.

We'll need to add to it if we get promoted, but this year is a chance to reset and rebuild. Had we stayed up and got Enzo in as manager it'd be a hard slog implementing a new way of playing with the pressure of PL football

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We already might have the right players🤫 that can evolve into those ..we might of thought of buying,investing into...We have had that horrible phase of buying,because it seemed right to do. Nothing now in October 23,will give us even an inkling of next August 24 needs.

There are players that we can get in who are not overpriced and are under exposed.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ThumbsUp said:

I'm a bit confused - are you saying if we get promoted you think Maresca will revert to the same tactics as Brendan? Why on earth would he do that?

Not at all.

It’s polar opposites in terms of positive and negative play, but whilst I wasn’t too fussed to go out against Liverpool in the cup it was a stark reminder and food for thought that some of our play against a better team who relentlessly press to play on the edge of our area is simply footballing suicide in my opinion, I don’t just speak and base this from our experience but from many premier league teams/games I’ve seen.

It remains to be seen either way, in the current moment, enjoy.

Edited by Matt

33 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I think from what I’ve seen and heard from him he won’t just jump ship ..  he’s come here due to what he’s seen of the club ..  the ambition the facilities and the fan base ..  he’s here for the whole journey imo. 

He ain’t gonna turn down Man U when they come knocking… that’s my fear!

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Exactly!!! I know it’s a human trait to unnecessarily stress and worry, when actually about 95% of life is just chance and luck, but this is another level. Hope you are well @fuchsntf

Thx..just hoping my own Epilog,can be long and drawn out..

That's why more now, I see youngsters wasting their hobby,by worrying about LCFC onfield future,which will ride mostly life's chance & luck and a sprig of decent management team ethos.

I am not at the moment worrying about mine and my future potential boss..:devil: or :innocent:

• Like 1

The reality of the premier league is the 13 teams outside the 7 are only ever usually a few injuries/players lost from transfers/managers poached by bigger fish away from being in trouble. Even the likes of Brighton, Villa and Brentford though they look safe, if De zerbi, Emery or Frank left wouldn't be as comfortable. We have seen how quickly it can change with 3-4 bad transfer windows. Life's too short, enjoy the fact we are winning again, regardless of the opposition.

Edited by Beachyboy

Look at it this way, if we were in the prem now with this team we wouldnt be in the bottom 3.  Look at Sheffield United, Luton, Bournemouth, Everton as four examples.  There are probably 1 or 2 players from each team at best that gets in to our first 11 currently, and that's being generous.  

We got relegated yes there is no hiding from that, but it was a result of horrendous mismanagement that it ended that way, not due to squad capability. 

Yes we have nothing on the so called top 6, but even now, a division lower, I'd fancy our chances to be competitive with the rest of the league.

If we go up this season, we will only end up stronger still for next.

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

He ain’t gonna turn down Man U when they come knocking… that’s my fear!

They are a mess of a club they are far bigger but with that comes expectation and actually less control of some decision making, far harder to build the right foundations there.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There are players that we can get in who are not overpriced and are under exposed.  

Well from phoenix ashes, to this present choice of players,our investment calculation across the board has took a massive positive turn into a nice quiet moderate low key but so far excellent business side  & football onfield evaluation..

At present all signatures from Newbies and intern freshlings,there seems nothing negative to moan,groan,whinge

about,we are eating our cake and enjoying every crumb..

Last season (and before) it was clear we were climbing into a broken lift that was clearly going to plummet down the shaft. Some of us said, “hey, the guy in charge of the lift is clearly incompetent” but few listened. It’s situations like that we should be concerned about. Fvck liftman Rodgers.

Maresca is a fairground rollercoaster operator. There will be ups and downs along the way but we’ll get to the end of the season in one piece and have had a great time. Will our next go on the rollercoaster be met with a Final Destination-style end? Who knows, but why worry about that? If you’re scared of how the ride might go, don’t get on.

One of the good things about being in the championship, beyond steamrollering over other clubs week-in week-out, is that Todd Boehly and all the other members of the nasty gang don't pay any real attention to this league, so even if Maresca maintains this trajectory, he will likely stay under the radar of the big clubs for a while at least. Personally, I think he would need to actually achieve something before there is a risk of losing him - something bigger than taking us up, because I think a lot of people out there assume its a given.

4 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Doesn't matter how you play in the Championship. 99.9% of teams will struggle when promoted to the Premier League.

I think in this instance, we win the League, Enzo has the greatest Summer Transfer window in the history of the club and we finish next season somewhere between 11th and 7th. The year after that we do the domestic treble. The year after that we win the Champions League and the Club World Cup.

The season before, all 3 promoted clubs stayed up.

If and when we do get promoted its unlikely that the usual 11 from this season will be playing/starting the following season. A lot of factors come into it. If you told me last year we'd finish behind teams like Forest, Bournemouth and Brentford (no disrespect to any of them) I wouldnt have believed you. They were all better teams than us but on individual names alone were not. 

The only thing I'd say is I have watched us get promoted 4 times (94, 96, 2001 and 2014). While being above the rest of the league (especially in 2001 and 2014), I dont think its ever been this easy. Well its never felt like it has this season. 2001 we kept a large chunk of our (albeit poor) PL team. Its been a great start but we've coasted and dominated. More akin to our League One season. That alone suggests we have many PL ready for when we do (hopefully) get back.