Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Dilemma about us

I'm sure others have asked the same question. Personally, I think we'll be fine. We will learn, improve and invest .

We are already better than the promoted sides, as well as one or two other Premier league sides, including the perennial car crash that is Everton, who rely far too heavily on DCL, who spends half a season injured. 

A question that nags me more is,how the hell did we get to this stage?

This is followed by more questions, like if Dean Smith had kept us up, would he have kept the job? What would recruitment have been like? And would we have continued to struggle?

All irrelevant now, of course .We are where we are, and doing pretty well.

Just enjoy the ride. Relegation might just prove to have  been a blessing. 

Sometimes you have to take a backward step to go forward. 

17 hours ago, Parafox said:

Just a thought that has been nagging at me in the last couple of weeks and the way we have started and are continuing to get results.

Are we going to be a great team in the championship only to become a poor team in the Premier League?

As someone said in the the match thread, we seem to fit somewhere between the two.

I hope we're not going to be that yo-yo team once again.

I certainly know exactly where you are coming from, its not a nice thought. But we have a lot more games to play in the Championship which means we are going to be alot more practiced and better at this style should we get automatic promotion. So although i do hear you, i think its a little too early to have this on your mind. :)  

• Like 1

Well when we get promoted we'll be joined by two other teams that will be 20-40 points worse than us this year. We just need to be better than one Premier League hanger on from this season and things will be rosy.

We'll piss it.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Well when we get promoted we'll be joined by two other teams that will be 20-40 points worse than us this year. We just need to be better than one Premier League hanger on from this season and things will be rosy.

We'll piss it.

Tbf, logically and practically, that's a great point.

17 hours ago, Parafox said:

Thank you for your reasoned response rather than that of other's @ARM1968 for example.

Mate, I was having a laugh. You forget your meds or something?  My response seems to have garnered some attention because, you know, it was an ironic jest as this, as others have said, “weird” thread.  Chill out. I hear Xanax and wine is good. (That might go over most peoples heads, but it’s a great tune).

On 05/10/2023 at 00:10, Collymore said:

Anyone thinking we'd cut it in the Premier League at the moment is delusional. We would be rock bottom or there abouts. 

We'll need to spend about £250m to get back to that to that top 10 side again challenging for Europe. 

...no we won't, we are sourcing players with a more decerning eye, with a manager who gives input!!!

• Like 2

On 04/10/2023 at 23:27, Parafox said:

Just a thought that has been nagging at me in the last couple of weeks and the way we have started and are continuing to get results.

Are we going to be a great team in the championship only to become a poor team in the Premier League?

As someone said in the the match thread, we seem to fit somewhere between the two.

Too good for the championship and not good enough for the Premier league.

I miss the days when we were "best of the rest" in the Premier league and all I had to worry about was bottling champions league...

• Haha 1

Guest Sideshow Faes

For the prem from where we are right now we would need to spend some money. Don't think Doyle is good enough at this point so wouldn't waste money there. We would need better midfield options, better wingers, better strikers. Think Faes and coady good enough. Vestergaard maybe too. But our midfield needs to offer better protection/better tactical fouls need to be used higher up the pitch by our forward line.

Think Mads is definately good enough, as is winks. 

On 04/10/2023 at 23:27, Parafox said:

There are five dreadful teams in the Premier League at the moment – Everton, Luton, Sheff U, Burnley and Bournemouth. They all deserve to be relegated, but only three of them will. Leaving two up for next season. 

If we go up, there are two teams going up with us, which will be more than beatable. 

As a bare minimum, that's four teams who are likely to be worse than, or at a par with, us next season (IF we go up). I'd say we would be ok.

On 05/10/2023 at 10:06, HarryDee8 said:

Unfortunately these players would be average in the Premier League. We're looking at mid table and below

Striker department is where we need that 15+ premier league goal scorer and we currently don't have one!

...I think we will resolve that issue when Cannon comes into the team!!!

The amount of balls played into the box and a player who has the ability to head the ball properly will have a very productive time playing for us. We need to sign Doyle, he makes a big difference to the left-hand side, Fatawu and Mavididi need to learn as much as possible and use this time in this division to hone their skills. Atgun and Casadei joining the team permanently give us many interchangeable options.

The system that we play is the key to all this, we do not need to pay for too many shiny new players for us to be successful.

On 05/10/2023 at 11:40, st albans fox said:

65.       47.      87  (£m)  87 being this summer.   Fair point that these aren’t insignificant amounts.  this was across 18 players (where fees paid).  Averaging £11m per incoming is a lot better than we were managing 

...I think we need to look at the net spend to get a fairer picture of what they are achieving!!!

On 05/10/2023 at 11:47, Nick said:

He ain’t gonna turn down Man U when they come knocking… that’s my fear!

...yeah that sounds like a pretty likely thing to happen!!!

I have no idea about what drives Maresca, but he could view taking us to the Champions League as the equivalent of Manchester City winning the tournament. A team with a much smaller budget, smaller revenue stream and a previous winner of the league may be viewed as a better testament to his coaching than having an abundance of money being lavished every season.

• Like 2

On 05/10/2023 at 12:55, Daggers said:

Last season (and before) it was clear we were climbing into a broken lift that was clearly going to plummet down the shaft. Some of us said, “hey, the guy in charge of the lift is clearly incompetent” but few listened. It’s situations like that we should be concerned about. Fvck liftman Rodgers.

Maresca is a fairground rollercoaster operator. There will be ups and downs along the way but we’ll get to the end of the season in one piece and have had a great time. Will our next go on the rollercoaster be met with a Final Destination-style end? Who knows, but why worry about that? If you’re scared of how the ride might go, don’t get on.

...we have no choice, we are all invested in getting to the end!!!

2 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

There are five dreadful teams in the Premier League at the moment – Everton, Luton, Sheff U, Burnley and Bournemouth. They all deserve to be relegated, but only three of them will. Leaving two up for next season. 

If we go up, there are two teams going up with us, which will be more than beatable. 

As a bare minimum, that's four teams who are likely to be worse than, or at a par with, us next season (IF we go up). I'd say we would be ok.

...those promoted teams are going to invest when promoted, they are not going to be the same teams!!!

14 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

A bit like last season when we were conceding from every corner, playing a clown in goal but there were still at least 3 teams worse than us:banana:

On 04/10/2023 at 23:57, Bobby Hundreds said:

Don’t really care. I am absolutely loving taking the piss this season. I loved it last time too, it’s a breath of fresh air after last season.

Whatever will be will be, but we have the right manager and a good team right now. If we’re going to yo-yo so be it, at least we aren’t a boring team to follow. Winning pots is all it’s about, we do that in spades.

Indeed! The one thing I can confirm after 50 years of going down the City, is that apart from a brief few years in the mid 2000s, following the City has never been boring!

As a club we simply don't appear to do boring, and long may it be so!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

I see your logic but you cant really look at it like that. A new season brings a whole lot of new challenges. Players leaving new signings new Managers etc.

We just need to continue to develop the system Enzo is instilling into the players, Clear out the deadwood and add a few new faces and we'll do better than most.

The present squad have already proved they can score against Liverpool with a slick move so why not against lesser teams.

For any young Coaches out there, There's so much to learn by watching us and following our journey.

I believe we now have the right Manager all we need to do is add the right players going forward which I believe we will do in signing up and coming talent and not the failed policy of the last Manager.

Relax and enjoy the ride.