Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Travel disruption - trains, planes, automobiles and parking

2 hours to get from Harlaxton Street to the M69 on Wednesday. M1 closed 22-21 and Fosse Park roundabout and roads down to the motorway down to 1 lane. All the lorries coming off the motorway at 22 and rejoining at 21 filing through plus all the football traffic. It was a nightmare! 

We were planning all sorts of options to get out of the City towards the M69/M1 junction on Saturday. In the end just opted for our normal route from Queens Road area down to Soar Valley Way and Fosse Park. Expected chaos but got through in about the normal time although still stationary traffic around Pork Pie roundabout. I think that Narborough Road was clear as well? 

Luckily just missed the closing of the M5 after going past the Barnsley team bus on fire! 

BBC News - Barnsley FC's team bus catches fire on M5 near Gloucester
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-67045789

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

We were planning all sorts of options to get out of the City towards the M69/M1 junction on Saturday. In the end just opted for our normal route from Queens Road area down to Soar Valley Way and Fosse Park. Expected chaos but got through in about the normal time although still stationary traffic around Pork Pie roundabout. I think that Narborough Road was clear as well? 

Luckily just missed the closing of the M5 after going past the Barnsley team bus on fire! 

BBC News - Barnsley FC's team bus catches fire on M5 near Gloucester
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-67045789

I think it help with most Stoke fans leaving early and probably going up the A50

Asked in another thread but it was largely off topic.  Freemans common car park was closed for Match day parking on Saturday. Anyone know if this is going to be a common thing from now on, or was it just because it was open day at the uni? 

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Asked in another thread but it was largely off topic.  Freemans common car park was closed for Match day parking on Saturday. Anyone know if this is going to be a common thing from now on, or was it just because it was open day at the uni? 

Freeman's Common must be one of the easiest to get into but hardest to get out of. We always walk up the hill towards Welford Road alongside the stationary cars (and, I'd guess, that many would've left the game early). 

Sorry, that doesn't help to answer your question. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stadt said:

It's probably quicker for me to go the opposite way into Hinckley and catch the train in rather than trying to use the A47 now. Wank road, temporary lights on a different stretch every week.

I live near there. The Tesco/KM junction really makes it difficult. I'd always dip down Beggars Lane and through New Lubbesthorpe if the traffic backs up that far (you probs know that already). I did that way on Saturday and got to my parking space just off Narb Road near KFC in 10 mins.

• Like 1

On 06/10/2023 at 14:27, StonyFox said:

There were also lanes closed off for joining the motorway at fosse park, despite no work taking place, not even a single van! they could have quite easily waited until the traffic had cleared before causing gridlock. 

M1 was closed south between 22-21, all traffic is diverted down A50 then round outer ring road (New Parks Way/Lubbersthorpe Way), been going on for a few weeks now.

Causes loads of queues towards A47 roundabout every night, obviously would make too much sense to change the traffic light timing.

With all the extra traffic after the game it doesn't take much (ie a few idiots blocking junctions etc) to cause stuff like this.

I do wonder why the police did nothing to try to alleviate the traffic that was obviously caused by the lanes closed at the M1 J21 junction..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, lcfc67 said:

Can anyone provide an update on the traffic situation/roadworks on Aylestone Rd  ? Are they still causing havoc ?

Coming up for the game tomorrow and usually come in from South and come up Aylestone rd and park on Grace Rd 

Cheers

Ah.. By the grace of God, go you

This thread is 12 years too late to divert my Fox Travel Coach away from the M25 coming back from Palace away in Sousa's first game. 7 hours I spent on that coach. Stranded in Leicester at 3am. 

Club offered me 10% off in the club shop. Then a week later had 25% off everything. 

• Haha 2

On 25/10/2023 at 11:56, FilbertRenard said:

I found it really, really slow getting in last night but conversely getting out was the easiest it has been all season 

Is this the traffic you are talking about????

Edited by Raj
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

This thread is 12 years too late to divert my Fox Travel Coach away from the M25 coming back from Palace away in Sousa's first game. 7 hours I spent on that coach. Stranded in Leicester at 3am. 

Club offered me 10% off in the club shop. Then a week later had 25% off everything. 

I remember that trip sadly well. Had my wrists in plaster. Teenagers at the back throwing shit around. Disaster day which involved arguing with punters on Brauny gate for a taxi 

• Haha 1