Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Stoke Match thread

3 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

I don't get how we never before saw this side of Vestergaard? He's incredible tbh.

It's the style of play, simple as that.

It will be interesting to see how he would fair in the Premier League in this setup. His ability to dictate the pace and play the passes won't change, but the issue is that when we get caught on the transition, he's going look even more like he's running in treacle. Our style of play can definitely work, see Brighton, but Premier League sides punish every mistake. That chance Duane Holmes had for Preston for example gets tucked away by Salah, Haaland, Saka, etc.

But make no mistake, he's properly opening up the game. Coady is a decent passer of the ball, but this is some serious Pirlo-esque regista play. You won't find many CBs who can do that.

• Like 1

Just now, Sly said:

It concerns me they come for Maresca 

I honestly think Enzo wouldn't even consider it with their set up. He has been very clear about building a style, it taking time, needing everyone to be onboard, etc. The polar opposite of what Man U stand for these days.

7 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

I don't get how we never before saw this side of Vestergaard? He's incredible tbh.

Some of us knew it as we’ve had glimpses. 

Again, Brendan screw up. 

Just now, CloudFox said:

I honestly think Enzo wouldn't even consider it with their set up. He has been very clear about building a style, it taking time, needing everyone to be onboard, etc. The polar opposite of what Man U stand for these days.

I think he’d want the pre season rather than be thrown in as well. 

• Like 1

Our press isn't always perfect but we are so well drilled, I keep watching players off the ball shifting into positions being left vacant by our players pressing, seeing KDH pressing and Casadei instantly moving into that space to cover Stokes passing lanes is just so nice. We look like we have an actual identity again and the players know what they are expected to do. Such a huge contrast to the last 2.5 years.

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1