Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Stoke Match thread

Just now, Mark said:

We’re really limited with Choudhury on the left, everything is just going back where it came.

I’d like to see the wingers swap sides.

I'd like to see Enzo sub Fatawu out.  He's just not at the races against their big FB.

• Like 1

Just now, Tuna said:

Ipswich 3-1 up

They’re a good team. 

It’ll be an interesting game on Boxing Day down in Suffolk. I think they’re back to us mid January as well. 

11 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I don't usually say I told you so but I told everyone Kelechi absolutely pisses this league and scores 30+ goals.

We all know you like certain types of player to pick on though. That won't change. 

Has to start scoring more than 1 a game to become really prolific.
My favourite player btw 

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

They’re a good team. 

It’ll be an interesting game on Boxing Day down in Suffolk. I think they’re back to us mid January as well. 

They are the last team we play in the championship, Rotherham are the first we play twice

• Like 1

Just now, Mark said:

He’s better on the right, Yunus is also better on the left drifting inside.

I think it's a tactical ploy from Maresca to start players in some positions and then move them around at 60 minutes when the opposition will start to feel tired, he's done it in most games so far. Basically he's getting them to both tire out their opposite number and then when they are, he will swap them over and cause carnage. Or he brings on Mavididi, who does the same thing.

It can be frustrating for us, but this is the best manager we've had so far in terms of someone knowing how to break down a deep block. He knows what he's doing!

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Our press isn't always perfect but we are so well drilled, I keep watching players off the ball shifting into positions being left vacant by our players pressing, seeing KDH pressing and Casadei instantly moving into that space to cover Stokes passing lanes is just so nice. We look like we have an actual identity again and the players know what they are expected to do. Such a huge contrast to the last 2.5 years.

Superbly said 

I was thinking on Weds, how incredible it is to see a team of 11 players in our shirt who are well drilled, know what they are doing and actually fight for the ball 

How many times last season we lost headers in the middle of the park, didn't win or battle for second balls, I lost count 

Every player so far knows exactly what they are told to do, execute it to a T and are playing for each other 

• Like 2