Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Stoke Match thread

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We are completely in control but could easily suffer a lapse. I know Enzo said that Faes tends to switch off but I think there is always going to be an element in that when you have the ball for 80% of the game but barely produce any real chances against low block teams. We need to be more clinical and finish these games off. Hopefully as stoke push forward we can punish them.

Did he? When did he say that?

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

This is not going to be enough to play in the PL.

I think theres 2 sides to the coin here, on one side in the premier league we are not very likely to come up against opposition that sit with 11 players in their own box, so we would likely have more space to pass into. On the other, premier league teams would be far better as a unit to defend. I think one issue we may run into is if we continue as we are and get promoted, we still won't have any idea whether our system can work, and whether our players are good enough to play it against better opposition. Burnley are finding out the hard way.

• Like 1