Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Stoke Match thread

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why look for outrage when you yourself propose a far more likely reason? 

Because I don't believe it's a likely reason. He's come off the bench or been subbed off most games this season. Ndidi has played 1 full game and has averaged 60 minutes per game this season. I very much doubt he needs a rest.

Edited by cityfanlee23

25 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

That’s a very slow side. Hope stoke don’t have any pacey players 

I honestly think that’s why Hamza is in.

He’s quicker than every other defender that we have - so sad to see Ricky and a lesser extent JJ lose that yard of pace.

30 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Do we really need such rotation?

If a manager sticks with 13 players and never rotates, he gets stick if we need 20 players for the championship as Enzo has said the fringe players need to be given a chance, the back up is on the bench. We could have easily been 0-0 at HT full strength as has been the case in other games.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Because I don't believe it's a likely reason. He's come off the bench or been subbed off most games this season. Ndidi has played 1 full game and has averaged 60 minutes per game this season. I very much doubt he needs a rest.

Ok, each to their own, but I see far less of a reason to not trust the manager this far. 

If you look for conspiracy you will always find it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Players don't get dropped under this manager - I'm wondering when people will start to understand what's being done here. I'm certain the players will understand. 

Bit of a stretch to make claims like that so early into his career. Maybe in the case of Ndidi dropped is the wrong word. But Ndidi has averaged about 60 minutes per game this season. If we are going to replace one of the midfielders to bring Casadei on for minutes i'd far rather it be KDH who has obviously contributed statistically but has often been very poor for long periods.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Ok, each to their own, but I see far less of a reason to not trust the manager this far. 

If you look for conspiracy you will always find it. 

I've not once said I don't trust him, you can disagree with a decision without having your trust questioned. And it's not a conspiracy either.

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Bit of a stretch to make claims like that so early into his career. Maybe in the case of Ndidi dropped is the wrong word. But Ndidi has averaged about 60 minutes per game this season. If we are going to replace one of the midfielders to bring Casadei on for minutes i'd far rather it be KDH who has obviously contributed statistically but has often been very poor for long periods.

I think it's more aimed at players seemingly having done nothing wrong being rotated, which is what your initial point was about (Ndidi).

KDH has a break for 2 weeks after today

Ndidi is off with Nigeria

It makes sense why it would be Ndidi rested and not KDH

• Like 3

Just now, moore_94 said:

KDH has a break for 2 weeks after today

Ndidi is off with Nigeria

It makes sense why it would be Ndidi rested and not KDH

As much as I understand the logic, why does he need to be rested after only 3 full games recently. He's averaged 60 minutes. I'd argue he probably needs more minutes if he wants to go to international duty fully match fit.

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I've not once said I don't trust him, you can disagree with a decision without having your trust questioned. And it's not a conspiracy either.

Of course but your proposition if without any quantifiable basis. 

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Fine - that's your opinion. And yes in time he might end up dropping players longer term, but there's a clear pattern to this. Others have mentioned the plausible suggestion of upcoming international duty.

Dropped IS the wrong word, indeed - and because you used it, obviously people will seek to amend it with their opinion.

• Like 2

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Of course but your proposition if without any quantifiable basis. 

Which is why I used the word "if". He has averaged 60 minutes, so I don't buy into the rested argument. He needs to be averaging more than 60 minutes if he wants full match fitness for the internationals in my opinion.

How many times have we sent a player out on loan only for him to get very little game time?  Enzo appears to have no fear in playing loanees which in the longer term will make other clubs more willing to let us have potentially very decent players on loan.  The down side is that we send out a below optimum side but we may not need to have our best out today and in any case we have a great bench.

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Which is why I used the word "if". He has averaged 60 minutes, so I don't buy into the rested argument. He needs to be averaging more than 60 minutes if he wants full match fitness for the internationals in my opinion.

I kinda see your point but a bit of perspective is needed.

We’re talking about a player (Wilf) who for the past two seasons looked like he was physically shot so I’m pretty sure it seems sensible to manage his minutes whilst also giving Casadei some of his own against a side that Enzo clearly seems a lesser challenge than Preston.

20 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

What no mark amateurs have they put out? 

I suppose it doesn't matter. Won't of heard of them anyway 

Would be funny if I didn’t actually believe it

• Haha 1

Maybe you are right but I can also see a reason for preferring other players in arguably less tough games, just so those that come in have the benefit of game time, especially those like Casadei 

• Like 1