Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Stoke Match thread

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Maybe you are right but I can also see a reason for preferring other players in arguably less tough games, just so those that come in have the benefit of game time, especially those like Casadei 

I would say if anyone needs game time I think it's CC, he's definitely been the least consistent of all the signings but he keeps showing flashes of brilliance, theres a player in there

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Which is why I used the word "if". He has averaged 60 minutes, so I don't buy into the rested argument. He needs to be averaging more than 60 minutes if he wants full match fitness for the internationals in my opinion.

But it isn’t just what they have already played, it would also be what they are expected to play in the near future as well

Ndidi is going to be travelling away, then likely playing the full 90 in both games for Nigeria, travelling back and then straight back into a game every 3 or 4 days with us

• Like 2

Just now, moore_94 said:

But it isn’t just what they have already played, it would also be what they are expected to play in the near future as well

Ndidi is going to be travelling away, then likely playing the full 90 in both games for Nigeria, travelling back and then straight back into a game every 3 or 4 days with us

I completely understand the logic, but that would surely mean Winks needs to be rested soon? I somehow doubt that will come but I don't mind rotation if it's based on minutes played, I just don't feel Ndidi needs it personally, but that's not to say him and Enzo havent agreed on it.

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

So we doing Belgium and Nigeria a favour, strange way to look at it if that is the case.

Well no probably more like we are trying to look after our players and make sure they aren’t going to get too fatigued and become a bigger risk for muscular injuries

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

I completely understand the logic, but that would surely mean Winks needs to be rested soon? I somehow doubt that will come but I don't mind rotation if it's based on minutes played, I just don't feel Ndidi needs it personally, but that's not to say him and Enzo havent agreed on it.

I think the issue with Winks is, as has been opined often lately, that we don't have a viable alternative in the system we play.

I would imagine cover will be sought in January.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

If Brendan had pulled that lineup out his hat, I think we'd all quite rightly have gone into meltdown. Enzo has done enough for us to trust his gameplan with this one, even if it is slightly concerning.

To be honest I think we have the quality to play any formation and rotation of players, if he'd come out with Mcateer in Central midfield and Daka upfront I still think if we do the basics we win. I guess this just gives players more opportunity to play more dynamic roles and learn new skills

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Winks is about to have 2 weeks off

Unless I somehow missed that he got called up for England

Winks’ role is also the only position where we don’t really have an adequate back up at the moment

Edited by moore_94

4 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

If Brendan had pulled that lineup out his hat, I think we'd all quite rightly have gone into meltdown. Enzo has done enough for us to trust his gameplan with this one, even if it is slightly concerning.

The difference being, Enzo has a plan, as you say

Bodgers was clueless, out of ideas and playing ‘pin the tail on the donkey’, blindly hoping something would click and bail him out

• Haha 1

Just now, SafewayFox said:

Surely he will look at Braybrooke first? 

I mean he'll be back in training soon but it's a bit much to start throwing him in for starts so soon after an ACL. Come jan/Feb I'd expect him to be part of matchday squads but not quite Winks rotation