Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

Stoke Post Match

Guest Kopfkino

We do what we have to do to get the result at home but it isn’t great as we’re still relying on moments. Too often once the ball enters key areas it breaks down.

It will be nice to see how we cope against Sunderland and Leeds, two teams that will come to play a bit more, are well set up to hurt you on the break and actually have some quality on the pitch. 

23 minutes ago, 99 Problems said:

He was bang average 😂. Needlessly booked for a lazy challenge, caused Hermansen problems by not moving around to receive the ball, he would get utterly crucified in the PL. People losing their mind because he’s not terrible at this level. He’s not being challenged ffs

Oh behave. Textbook 'just take the booking' challenge after we played ourselves into trouble.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

We do what we have to do to get the result at home but it isn’t great as we’re still relying on moments. Too often once the ball enters key areas it breaks down.

It will be nice to see how we cope against Sunderland and Leeds, two teams that will come to play a bit more, are well set up to hurt you on the break and actually have some quality on the pitch. 

I take it you didn't see the Southampton game? It will play even more into our hands the pace we have with Mavididi and Fatawu on the break.

7 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

To be fair I wouldn’t say either goal was due to relying on moments

They were both well worked technical goals involving multiple players rather than having to rely on individual brilliance

• Like 4

Just walking back from the game, so far absolutely loving this season, but today I feel a tad bit frustrated, let me explain before everyone jumps on this. 

Fraustrated because we could have scored much more in the last 30 esp, I really want to see that ruthlessness in us, it seemed like we didn't get out of 2nd gear when the opportunity to really go out and smash them was there. I know Ndidi missed a couple, but so many opportunities to pass forward to break and we decided to play the safe option. Hey no. We're top of the league, 10 wins out of 11 so can only feel like that for a short amount of time! Commmmee on citeh! 

Guest Kopfkino
1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

I take it you didn't see the Southampton game? It will play even more into our hands the pace we have with Mavididi and Fatawu on the break.

Yeah the game where we weren’t at home. The point is both Sunderland and Leeds have the potential to do to us what we did to Southampton or what Cov should already have done to us

22 minutes ago, Tomek said:

Brendan Rodgers should receive a trophy for taking us down. It really was an incredible achievement. 

Most teams would become relegation fodder if they put Danny Ward in goal for 26 consecutive games, it'd be more impressive not to get relegated with him in goal.

1 minute ago, 99 Problems said:

Makes no difference. He’s not quick enough and he’s not good enough as a defender. It’s the championship ffs, of course he looks good 

It does make a difference. 

A manager that actually has a clue about tactics can coach a player to be better.

Pace is almost irrelevant if you aren't left exposed and have the ability to read the game.

In fact, pace is quite rare in top defenders.

• Like 2