Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

Stoke Post Match

Will hold my hands up regarding Winks, called out early in the season that he only does what Mendy did and just keeps the ball, but the last couple of games I've watched him closely and I think in the last two games alone Winks has taken us forward more than Mendy did in his entire time with us. 

He is always available, he can turn and seems to be a pass or two ahead of the others on the pitch, on his form you have to ask how he was only a bit part player in the Prem, before people say, I know we are in the Championship but he seems different gravy and is one I have no doubt will do well in this system at the next level. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

Will hold my hands up regarding Winks, called out early in the season that he only does what Mendy did and just keeps the ball, but the last couple of games I've watched him closely and I think in the last two games alone Winks has taken us forward more than Mendy did in his entire time with us. 

He is always available, he can turn and seems to be a pass or two ahead of the others on the pitch, on his form you have to ask how he was only a bit part player in the Prem, before people say, I know we are in the Championship but he seems different gravy and is one I have no doubt will do well in this system at the next level. 

He's a couple of 25 yard screamers away from being a Championship version of prime Tielemans. 

• Like 1

I REALLY struggled at times today, it was really testing to watch at times.

I KNOW the aim and bigger picture and how teams come to play at KP BUT still there were times when you were just saying "shoot ffs" or ping it through the hole.

Still, it's a win and cruising through 

Edited by Raj
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned Casadei in the post match.  I thought he had a really good game, tidying up a lot between the half-way line and their penalty area allowing us to maintain pressure.  Pretty much what Wilf has been asked to do this season.

Seems a good yard to slow to be anything other than a squad player. But did ok today

Vestergaard—good defending is about anticipation, awareness, and proactivity. Pace is useful, but I think often means a CB blessed with it relies on it too much to get themselves out of trouble. Which is fine, but once that goes, or they get the timing (anticipation) wrong...they get massively exposed.

• Like 2

First half was September Leicester 

45-75 was August Leicester 

76+ was HMS Leicester 

Funny really we had Preston fan telling us tactics couldn’t be different for them yet Stoke for a good chunk of the second half adopted what Blackburn did and it proved a bit of pain 

20 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

We looked in control anyway, but we looked so much more of a threat when Vardy and Ndidi came on.

I think players coming on often look world beaters as the opposition are knackered. It was the same against PNE, Nacho and Yunis looked outstanding when they came on. This is where the quality of our squad will make a huge difference this season. The ability to bring like for like quality on from the bench after 65 minutes.

• Like 1

Just now, Raj said:

I REALLY struggled at times today, but was really testing to watch at times.

I KNOW the aim and bigger picture and how teams come to play at KP BUT still there were times when you were just saying "shoot ffs" or ping it through the hole.

Still, it's a win and cruising through 

I think it comes down to the way the opposition plays against us. That's the last couple of games where they've seemed happy to put absolutely no pressure on the ball, even when losing so we've been fine not pushing it. 

• Like 1

Good performance, again without going full Man City, Pep, Rodri or Klopp (Not Man City, I know) they made the game rather labored, but another win, impressive!

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Vardy off the bench is a luxury 

I remember when teams used to bring players on and you just thought "Here we go, they're gonna score". Vardy is that player for our opposition. 

Thought Stoke were  better than than all the other 11 man defences we've seen so far, even allowing for a couple of comedy passes and.miscontrols. The 22 Junha looked decent. 

But either I've got used to us playing like this or we've gotten better. We just look on another planet. It's almost unfair (and obscene) with the budget and squad we have. 

25 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned Casadei in the post match.  I thought he had a really good game, tidying up a lot between the half-way line and their penalty area allowing us to maintain pressure.  Pretty much what Wilf has been asked to do this season.

I thought he did well too but just didn't make enough happen today. Look at Wilf when he came on. Ok, the game was stretched by then, but he got 1 assist and could have had a brace himself too.

He's an absolute machine in this new role.

54 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

If that center back had pace, he wouldn't be a CB.

Like we say in American football (when a defensive back drops an interception), if that DB could catch, he wouldn't be a DB.

...perhaps the defensive back needs to have more strings to his bow!!!

What an asset he would be if he could be competent at catching as well as covering the movement of Wide Receivers. Like football (soccer) seems to have morphed into a game where individuals are multi-talented, perhaps developing DB to catch and intercept as well is an innovation to be looked into.

• Haha 1