Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

Stoke Post Match

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why?

Yep, agree. We'll buy 5 or 6 technically better players and we'll compete with most. What'll be interested to see is how Maresca changes tactics when we're the team doing the chasing.

Edited by MGLCFC

Comfortable again. Vestergaard impressive again, thought Casadei did well in his time on the pitch. Winks is like a cheat code at this level, hopefully stays on 4 bookings for as long as possible! The bench we have and the way we wear sides out in the first part of the game will always yield goals in the latter stages. Expecting a tricky game at Swansea but nothing to fear

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

We were listening to Talkshite on the way home and they had a Burnley fan on.  They were promoted easily last year playing a possession based game like us (unsurprising really) but he was critical of Kompany not having a plan B in the PL.  I think we have a higher quality and deeper squad than they had in the Championship though.   I also think it is ideal for Enzo to be able to develop his managerial skills and coach the techniques players need to implement his ideas in a less pressured environment.

I heard the same call and it's clear he didn't really understand how these managers think.

Just kept going on about a settled team while the dimwits agreed it's because Kompany doesn't know his best side.

Coaches from peps school do things differently and deviating from their idea isnt in their DNA.

Thought stoke were as bad as we’ve played this season.

Was quite literally a stroll in the park for us today. You can see why teams dare not come and play because as soon as they did we crafted about 4 guilt edge chances that we somehow missed.

I’d say onwards and upwards, but we can’t get any higher at the moment. Our dominance is *almost* boring. Already looking forward to the Ipswich game a great deal.

Saw one of their fans say we are “bang average” 😂. Genuinely are fans of other teams watching the same games as us? We are absolutely ****ing teams without even trying. It could have been 5-0 today with KDH and Ndidi both missing 1v1s with the keeper and Fatawu just hitting it wide. It was so embarrassing for them today they were celebrating just having the ball and stringing a few passes together. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Yep, agree. We'll buy 5 or 6 technically better players and we'll compete with most. What'll be interested to see is how Maresca changes tactics when we're the team doing the chasing.

...I do not think we will be the ones chasing, how many teams play like we are attempting to do!!!

We are not going to be so respected should we go up, we are going to be pressed relentlessly, man-marked by teams trying to stifle us. We can't bring 5-6 players in, we need continuity and we hope that the loanees pan out for the season and we can sign them up.

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I feel bad for the team that we catch on a really good day and beat by 6/7/8 goals

Someone is going to get an absolute tonking sooner or later. We’ve put already 4 past some teams without it being full throttle.

34 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

We were listening to Talkshite on the way home and they had a Burnley fan on.  They were promoted easily last year playing a possession based game like us (unsurprising really) but he was critical of Kompany not having a plan B in the PL.  I think we have a higher quality and deeper squad than they had in the Championship though.   I also think it is ideal for Enzo to be able to develop his managerial skills and coach the techniques players need to implement his ideas in a less pressured environment.

Our current squad is better than Burnleys current squad.

It was ridiculous that we were relegated last season, which was down to mismanagement at all levels, and a number of players already thinking of their end of season move, and really not giving a toss. 

With Sheff United, Luton and Burnley in the premier league this season, no way would this current squad have finished below any of them.

That said, with the likely relegation of those three this season, next seasons Premier league will likely be tougher, and I think we will need to have some decent investment and recruitment, if we do go up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I do not think we will be the ones chasing, how many teams play like we are attempting to do!!!

We are not going to be so respected should we go up, we are going to be pressed relentlessly, man-marked by teams trying to stifle us. We can't bring 5-6 players in, we need continuity and we hope that the loanees pan out for the season and we can sign them up.

So when we play Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle do you think we will dominate these teams. Look a t the League Cup game against Liverpool, we really struggled. Why can't we bring in 5 or 6 players? We are quite likely to lose Praet, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Vestegaard, they'll need replacing

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

So when we play Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle do you think we will dominate these teams. Look a t the League Cup game against Liverpool, we really struggled. Why can't we bring in 5 or 6 players? We are quite likely to lose Praet, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Vestegaard, they'll need replacing

...that is 5 teams, as I said we are going to be pressed, but for the rest of the league and so far as Maresca is concerned he will want to continue playing the same way!!!

He just wants to see if we can be brave on the ball irrespective of who is pressing us and that is why Plan A is always being worked on.

Yes, players need to be replaced but we cannot look to continuously rebuild the team, as we will be losing a lot of who we are. keeping the core of this team and adding more quality is the only way to go. Burnley lost a few key players (loanees) it made them a lesser team.

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Was it really 90/10% possession stats for the first 20 mins :o

Don't think I've ever seen that before. 

You don't remember that 5 minute spell a couple of years ago when possession was:

Man City 100% Leicester City 0%

First time it'd ever happened, I think

:mellow: