Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

Stoke Post Match

9 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Am i one of the only people not bored with these dominant first half displays? It's not 'rip roaring', but it's fascinating. At times today it felt like we were just taunting little puppies with a tennis ball. If they somehow got it, we would just snatch it off them and start again. Even in the first few minutes you could see in the Stoke players eyes how petrified they were of the majority of our team. About 1/4 way through the first half i believe we had 89% possession, and i think we looked good with it. At times in the first half Stoke looked like they relinquished possession just because they had nothing they could do with the ball. Opposition keepers are time wasting even when they are only 1-0 down. Its incredible.

Seeing us bully them and watching the opposition get slower and slower, and mentally fatigued - its absolutely brilliant.  You know the big mistake is coming any moment. This lot had 1 shot on target. At the end we should have been far more clinical and ended up with probably 4. 2-0 MASSIVELY flattered Stoke.

Each of the last 3 home games i have said 'this is the worst team i have seen at the KP'. We are just making these teams look incredibly sh1t. But Stoke were the worst I have seen at the KP. Woeful.

I'm the same. I find it almost funny watching it at times. Teams are genuinely completely petrified of us. It's superb stuff.

We've proven we have purpose in our passing so the patience has been earned.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I do not think we will be the ones chasing, how many teams play like we are attempting to do!!!

We are not going to be so respected should we go up, we are going to be pressed relentlessly, man-marked by teams trying to stifle us. We can't bring 5-6 players in, we need continuity and we hope that the loanees pan out for the season and we can sign them up.

I think we can bring 2 in, in January and 3 in the summer, I agree continuity is important, but we will need 5-6 to compete in the PL. I don't believe the owners or Enzo will want a relegation battle, however ambitious it sounds, I think first season back the goal will be top 10.

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that is 5 teams, as I said we are going to be pressed, but for the rest of the league and so far as Maresca is concerned he will want to continue playing the same way!!!

He just wants to see if we can be brave on the ball irrespective of who is pressing us and that is why Plan A is always being worked on.

Yes, players need to be replaced but we cannot look to continuously rebuild the team, as we will be losing a lot of who we are. keeping the core of this team and adding more quality is the only way to go. Burnley lost a few key players (loanees) it made them a lesser team.

I think this is what I suggested in my original post where I asked the question how we would cope against teams that have more possession. I just don't see a team doing that to us this season and I'm just curious to see if Maresca alters his tactics or not. He may not and I accept Plan A is work in progress and has a long way to go to be perfect. I agree keeping the core players is essential and probably 3 of those on loan as well (Yunis, Doyle, Fatawa), but there are still areas where we need 3 or 4 new players of higher quality. We only have 1 left footed defender at present, Winks is one bad tackle from a lengthy spell on the side lines, we've no pace in our back line, which isn't a problem this year, and whilst we have 3 very decent strikers, I don't feel any of them are totally comfortable playing this new role.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

What happens to your negative theories, when we knock them off one by one..

Not sure I understand you - it's not about negativity, more reality. I'm 100% behind what Maresca is doing and I love how much confidence the team is displaying. All I'm suggesting is that if we are in the Premier League next season, we won't steam roll that league like we are doing this. Like I posted, where I said that I'd be interested to see what Maresca does to overcome teams that are better than us. Personally, I don't see this as being negative, but interested to see his solutions. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

We do what we have to do to get the result at home but it isn’t great as we’re still relying on moments.

I dunno, if you look at the goals - especially in the last few matches as the players get more comfortable with the plan - it's not worldies from nowhere or individual moments of magic. 

They're scoring team goals from quick, precise passes through the lines. The one-touch interplay to pick through the block is becoming a hallmark of this side, and the goals are spread throughout the squad.

Every goal is a 'moment' but they are systematically generating these chances, and I haven't seen our ratio of shots on target to misses (Wilf will have brought down that figure singlehanded yesterday) but they're quality chances.

It's not like we're relying on Maddison to create some magic as our sole hope of scoring, which was the case for so much of last season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stoke thugs attacked my son and his mate yesterday…. Just outside the prison… Proper scum 

My son fortunately did not get hit, but his mate got his lip bust open…. No provocation…. Just a large group of 40+ year old muscly tattooed hard men picking on two 20 year old lads…

• Sad 9

Sorry to hear that, but not surprised. 

I saw numerous examples of their disgusting behaviour yesterday outside the stadium. They really can be a horrible bunch. Not all obviously, but they do seem to attract a subhuman element.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

I saw numerous examples of their disgusting behaviour yesterday outside the stadium. They really can be a horrible bunch. Not all obviously, but they do seem to attract a subhuman element.

I thought this kind of thing was starting to disappear…. There did seem to be a bit of an ‘edge’ yesterday 

such a shame…. So unnecessary…. My lad wouldn’t hurt a fly

TBH they are the worst team I've seen at the KP for over a decade and that includes us last season.

I wondered why we dropped Faes then after ten minutes I knew why, they had no pace at all in that team, our only issues during the game was poor passing by one or two players but considering we had rotated half the team, you have to accept some mistakes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

TBH they are the worst team I've seen at the KP for over a decade and that includes us last season.

I wondered why we dropped Faes then after ten minutes I knew why, they had no pace at all in that team, our only issues during the game was poor passing by one or two players but considering we had rotated half the team, you have to accept some mistakes.

They are a poor team anyway, but one beset with injuries and a makeshift side. Arguably we should have put more past them but there was almost no need to expend the energy. It was more like a training ground exercise. Alex Neil set up to try and at best salvage a point, pure damage limitation, but credit for him/them for at least attempting to take it to us in the second half and steal in immediately after kick of. All things considered, there have been far worse sides to visit the KP in the last ten years. 

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Stoke thugs attacked my son and his mate yesterday…. Just outside the prison… Proper scum 

My son fortunately did not get hit, but his mate got his lip bust open…. No provocation…. Just a large group of 40+ year old muscly tattooed hard men picking on two 20 year old lads…

That’s horrible. Sorry to hear that. 

Console yourself with the fact that they must be deeply unhappy in their lives to do that for fun. 

• Thanks 1

I dont understand where they get thus idea from that they're some super sleeping giant of a club and look down their noses at us. Because they had a couple of years stinking the prem out? 

Our last decade beats their entire club history lol

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I dont understand where they get thus idea from that they're some super sleeping giant of a club and look down their noses at us. Because they had a couple of years stinking the prem out? 

Our last decade beats their entire club history lol

I can remember when we got promoted and after the great escape we had some of their fans telling us it would take years for us to reach their levels of mediocrity, we then went and won the league lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phube said:

I’ve finally seen proof that Vardy was onside… not one official angle I’ve ever seen shows this… but now thanks to the multitude fan YouTube day’s out… 

Ta da:

IMG_5223.jpeg

It also nicely shows how Wilf made the perfect decision. If he had taken the shot on he would most likely have hit either the defender or goalie or blazed it over. Whereas Vardy is basically unmarked with an open goal. Nice work from our CDM!

58 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I thought this kind of thing was starting to disappear…. There did seem to be a bit of an ‘edge’ yesterday 

such a shame…. So unnecessary…. My lad wouldn’t hurt a fly

Appalling. Contact police? Strong chance it’s on cctv and identifiable if you get the right person who can be arsed to trace movements? 🤷

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fox1970 said:

So sorry to hear that too. We still face the vestige and remnant of the old firms and the wannabes in respect of their legacy. The Naughty Forty were formidable, but fought with other hooligans as opposed to indiscriminately attacking people. As I'm sure you are aware, that happened too - in the 80s the 'Red Army' and the Headhunters were renowned for it, but the hardest firms such as the 6.57 crew, ICF and the Bushwackers preferred to claim each other's scalps. 

What I found distressing yesterday, and it's already been mentioned, were the helicopter chants and gestures. It's not as though this was isolated either and perplexing, coming so soon after those scummy brothers visiting the Stadium of Light  'brandishing' the Bradley Lowery images which was despicable. (I'd like to see Jermaine Defoe given five minutes with each of them). Tragedy chanting has always been there - I recall banners at Elland Road in the 90s mocking the Munich disaster during the visit of Man U (hasn't that happened again recently?). But its increased prevalence is disturbing. 

Rivalries and the associated humour are part and parcel of the tribalism of football and it's so frequently funny, but it's depressing to see how thinly veiled and fragile decorum becomes in the face of the mob and how easily the boundaries of decency are callously swept aside. 

Edited by SpacedX
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

If so, report it now, plenty of cameras around the prison to confirm it. No place for it in supporting a club.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Appalling. Contact police? Strong chance it’s on cctv and identifiable if you get the right person who can be arsed to trace movements? 🤷

A good point actually…. That element should be banned from grounds…. I’m sure 99% of their away support would agree

2 minutes ago, promised land said:

If so, report it now, plenty of cameras around the prison to confirm it. No place for it in supporting a club.

Just called my son…. He’s calling 111

Thanks for the nudge….  It should have occurred to me

• Like 1