Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Swansea Away - 15:00 Sat 21st October

18 hours ago, Spudulike said:

A lot will depend on the condition of our returning internationals. We don't know the situation with Nacho as he had to return early due to personal issues.

The good thing is that we can still field a very strong starting 11 with just the players that have been training at Seagrave during the break. 

He looks pretty okay in the gym pictures from at Seagrave, so hopefully it’s nothing serious.

Edited by NaijaFox

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ndidi and Iheanacho only played once over the international break and Kel was for about half an hour. Souttar played twice, as did Casadei and Akgün but again he was a sub in one of those games. Even Faes may benefit from their 2nd game getting abandoned at half time for that horrendous terrorist attack.

That said Maresca rotated heavily for the Norwich game after the 1st game back vs Southampton so changes will happen regardless. I've a feeling Coady will start.

Hermansen

Ricardo

Coady

Vestergaard

Justin

Ndidi

Winks

KDH

Fatawu

Vardy

Mavididi

Hopefully we remain solid at the back.  Something you can appreciate based on recent reports...

• Haha 1

On 16/10/2023 at 19:59, sylofox said:

Really not fancying this one.

First I work with a jack and know he's going to give me shite if we lose.

Second driving around Devon today working I've seen four dead foxes.

So you heard it here 4-0 to the Jack's ffs.

Don’t worry,

4 dead Foxes called

Maddison, Barnes, Soyoncu & Mendy.

The pack’s alive and we have some new cubs too.

Edited by Bluebeemer
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Swansea City

Injuries?

“No, fortunately no injuries. All of them fit, I’d like to say all of them happy, but we saw what happened with Belgium.”

Faes?

“He’s okay. But it’s not something about him, it’s more general. When something like this happens, it’s sad.”

International break?

“We tried to be focused on the lads who were here with us and did some specific work. Because we have 10 or 11 players here so we tried to focus on all them. This time with Stephy, with Abdul, with Marc.”

Working with individuals?

“It’s the best, when you like to be on the pitch and coach players, it’s the best moments. It’s what we like, to teach, and to improve.”

Why work with wingers?

“During the international break, we have time to spend with them, which during the season there is no time. With Stephy and Abdul, we tried to work with the first touch, when to use the right foot and left foot.”

Swansea?

“It’s quite clear, they struggled the first six games, but since then they have won four and drawn one. They try to play. They’re a good team and have weapons.”

Best start in Champ history?

“Even if we lose, it’s a fantastic start. If we do the right things, 8 times out of 10, we get the result. Sometimes you can play well and not get the win."

I thought Fatawu was away with Ghana, so if Mavididi and Fatawu have been working with Maresca all week, that's really exciting for me to hear. Those two are the two players who I think should be exploding at some point this season! Those are the two players that can turn 2-0 victories into 3's and 4's. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I thought Fatawu was away with Ghana, so if Mavididi and Fatawu have been working with Maresca all week, that's really exciting for me to hear. Those two are the two players who I think should be exploding at some point this season! Those are the two players that can turn 2-0 victories into 3's and 4's. 

Yeah delighted to hear this also. I think they're close to being very good but something isn't quite right. Hopefully this week has given Maresca enough time to really get stuck in with them. Mavididi in particular should be an absolute world beater at this level. If he can get consistent there's no reason why he doesn't end up on double figures for goals and assists.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah delighted to hear this also. I think they're close to being very good but something isn't quite right. Hopefully this week has given Maresca enough time to really get stuck in with them. Mavididi in particular should be an absolute world beater at this level. If he can get consistent there's no reason why he doesn't end up on double figures for goals and assists.

I agree, and think these will be the targets set to them. In fact the targets might even be higher!

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

IMG_2280.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Swansea City

Injuries?

“No, fortunately no injuries. All of them fit, I’d like to say all of them happy, but we saw what happened with Belgium.”

Faes?

“He’s okay. But it’s not something about him, it’s more general. When something like this happens, it’s sad.”

International break?

“We tried to be focused on the lads who were here with us and did some specific work. Because we have 10 or 11 players here so we tried to focus on all them. This time with Stephy, with Abdul, with Marc.”

Working with individuals?

“It’s the best, when you like to be on the pitch and coach players, it’s the best moments. It’s what we like, to teach, and to improve.”

Why work with wingers?

“During the international break, we have time to spend with them, which during the season there is no time. With Stephy and Abdul, we tried to work with the first touch, when to use the right foot and left foot.”

Swansea?

“It’s quite clear, they struggled the first six games, but since then they have won four and drawn one. They try to play. They’re a good team and have weapons.”

Best start in Champ history?

“Even if we lose, it’s a fantastic start. If we do the right things, 8 times out of 10, we get the result. Sometimes you can play well and not get the win."

Does anyone know what the Faes comment is about?

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

.. learning when to use their left and right foot!!!

Mavididi very poor in his ability as an inverted player, Fatawu much the same, runs out of decisions as what to do when no obvious option is there for him so inane balls played into the box.

They should be an explosive options for us, I  hope they have a better understanding of what is required in their position. Their inability to come inside and shoot across the keeper should be natural, strange that you have to be taught to think that way.

37 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Hermansen

Vestergaard Coady Justin

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu KDH Casadei Mavididi

Vardy

Subs: Iheanacho, Daka, Albrighton, Ndidi, Akgun, Marcal, Faes, Choudhury, Stola

this sounds on the money. 

I like that Maresca actually is coaching during the international break. 

Can’t help but feel like Brendan treated them like school pshe days.  “Not all the kids are here, so let’s just have a kick about” 

While Maresca has been drilling the game plan into the players he’s had with him! 

You already can tell we have much higher standards and expectations now. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Basildon Fox said:

Does anyone know what the Faes comment is about?

Belgium v Sweden was abandoned at half time due to a terror attack, three Swedish fans shot, two fatally, just before kick off. The stadium was put into lock down for several hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FosseSpark said:

Hermansen

Vestergaard Coady Justin

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu KDH Casadei Mavididi

Vardy

Subs: Iheanacho, Daka, Albrighton, Ndidi, Akgun, Marcal, Faes, Choudhury, Stola

Hamza for Casadei, I reckon.

Nice to have options in Faes and Souttar for when Vestergaard gets the inevitable yellow and ban.