Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Israeli and Palestinian conflict

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

Interesting development. I suppose they had to pick a side once the United States pinned their colours to the mast.

Not sure if this statement Carries any weight though?

They have zero presence in the Med and their navy doesn't even have the capability to get there. Granted they're generally not to be messed with, but this conflict won't be the US/China tinderbox. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, westernpark said:

According to the guardian app, this decision has been made to gain favour from Islamic countries, in the face of their treatment of Uyghur Muslims.

Im absolutely amazed that Muslim Countries have not targeted  China for the way they have treated the  Uyghurs.. but that’s for another thread

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, eblair said:

Not massive fan of Hamza supporting the murdering and mass kidnapping of civilians to put it mildly

In fact liking those tweets on the date he did is nothing short of disgusting

IMG_6272.png

it’s a bad look of course, the date especially, but you don’t know his background and his relationship with his religion. Jews feel threatened by Muslims and Muslims feel threatened by Jews on this issue, it’s hardly a surprise that a Muslim man would feel this way. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Meh it’s a bad look of course, the date especially, but you don’t know his background and his relationship with his religion. Jews feel threatened by Muslims and Muslims feel threatened by Jews on this issue, it’s hardly a surprise that a Muslim man would feel this way. 

Wtf in excess of 1000 people were murdered through medieval methods. That’s not a Jew / Muslim thing. It’s one of the most disgusting things that’s occurred in my life.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Meh it’s a bad look of course, the date especially, but you don’t know his background and his relationship with his religion. Jews feel threatened by Muslims and Muslims feel threatened by Jews on this issue, it’s hardly a surprise that a Muslim man would feel this way. 

One of those tweets alludes to a viewpoint that Israel doesn’t have the right to exist. Another tweet suggests that Hamas action was acceptable. Both of those viewpoints are completely unacceptable. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, eblair said:

Wtf in excess of 1000 people were murdered through medieval methods. That’s not a Jew / Muslim thing. It’s one of the most disgusting things that’s occurred in my life.

yes I know, I don’t agree with it and I apologise if it came across like it was an endorsement. It certainly isn’t. More just the kind of thinking that will go through his head because he’ll just say that millions of Palestineans have been killed or displaced therefore free Palestine. 

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
On 15/10/2023 at 19:37, leicsmac said:

Entirely neutral nations (Nordics, Western Europe, East Asia for example) would be best, I think.

Do agree that they could become targets for both sets of extremists, but if that happens then at least the situation becomes crystal clear, and a much stronger response from the international community, that might actually solve the problem, becomes much more likely.

Hang on your first reaction to this situation was essentially it’s a problem until religious fundamentalism (or maybe even religion in general) ****s off.

Now it’s all Lloyd Dyer if we bung a few Norwegians in. White saviour syndrome and all that 

But if it’s not all kumbaya that will somehow also solve the problem?

Genuinely baffled by what the mechanism is here other than a belief that problems evaporate if geopolitics evaporates first.

Just now, Kopfkino said:

Hang on your first reaction to this situation was essentially it’s a problem until religious fundamentalism (or maybe even religion in general) ****s off.

Now it’s all Lloyd Dyer if we bung a few Norwegians in. White saviour syndrome and all that 

But if it’s not all kumbaya that will somehow also solve the problem?

Genuinely baffled by what the mechanism is here other than a belief that problems evaporate if geopolitics evaporates first.

Pardon my lack of clarity then.

To be clearer - UN peacekeepers (from any "neutral" nations, don't have to be melanin-deficient :whistle:) could (bolded and italicised for emphasis) help stop the immediate problem of these two sides murdering each other at a horrific rate right now. The much bigger problem of why they're doing it in the first place and how to stop them from doing it in the future is a much bigger issue that, yes, probably won't go away until fundamentalism fvcks off.

Deal with the immediate loss of life first and do the geopolitical equivalent of getting between the two scrapping blokes and keeping them at arms length from each other, and then perhaps we might have a little more room to at least try to address the much bigger problem of why they wanted to kick the shit out of each other in the first place.

"Iran warns of ‘pre-emptive action' on Israel in ‘the coming hours’
Iran’s foreign minister, Hossein Amirabdollahian, warned that a “preemptive action” against Israel could be expected “in the coming hours”, signalling a potential escalation in the conflict.

In a live broadcast to state television, Amirabdollahian said “the leaders of resistance groups will not allow the Zionist regime to act in any way it likes in Gaza” while referencing his meeting with the head of Hezbollah, Hassan Nasrallah, on Saturday.

He added:

The possibility of pre-emptive action by the resistance front is expected in the coming hours.

“All options are open and we cannot be indifferent to the war crimes committed against the people of Gaza,” he said. He added:

If we don’t defend Gaza today, tomorrow we have to defend against these [phosphorus] bombs in the children’s hospital of our own country.

Human Rights Watch has accused Israel of using white phosphorus munitions in its military operations in Gaza and Lebanon last week. Israel has denied it used white phosphorus.

Iranian president Ebrahim Raisi said earlier on Monday that time was running out to reach a political solution and warned against the expansion of the Israel-Hamas war to other fronts."

Stream Everything Is Fine. by Bobby Blanco | Listen online ...

1 hour ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Let's give him some leeway here, footballers are often pretty thick in regards to anything apart from football

When somebody tells you who they are - believe them.

Nobody is so stupid as to engage with this conflict - on either side - in the last month without a knowledge of what's going on.

7 hours ago, Zear0 said:

"Iran warns of ‘pre-emptive action' on Israel in ‘the coming hours’
Iran’s foreign minister, Hossein Amirabdollahian, warned that a “preemptive action” against Israel could be expected “in the coming hours”, signalling a potential escalation in the conflict.

In a live broadcast to state television, Amirabdollahian said “the leaders of resistance groups will not allow the Zionist regime to act in any way it likes in Gaza” while referencing his meeting with the head of Hezbollah, Hassan Nasrallah, on Saturday.

He added:

The possibility of pre-emptive action by the resistance front is expected in the coming hours.

“All options are open and we cannot be indifferent to the war crimes committed against the people of Gaza,” he said. He added:

If we don’t defend Gaza today, tomorrow we have to defend against these [phosphorus] bombs in the children’s hospital of our own country.

Human Rights Watch has accused Israel of using white phosphorus munitions in its military operations in Gaza and Lebanon last week. Israel has denied it used white phosphorus.

Iranian president Ebrahim Raisi said earlier on Monday that time was running out to reach a political solution and warned against the expansion of the Israel-Hamas war to other fronts."

Stream Everything Is Fine. by Bobby Blanco | Listen online ...

For people not watching, this is why the West sides with Israel. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Isn't Hamza just a support of Palestine, and not Hamas? 

He doesn't even mention Hamas, does he? 

He likes a tweet that condones, even praises the actions of ‘Palestinian fighters’- they’re talking about the actions of Hamas. Surely that’s even offensive towards Palestinians because like you say Hamas are not representative of Palestine. The top tweet that he liked effectively referring to every inch of Israel- suggesting that he doesn’t believe the state of Israel should exist. 

26 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

China doesn't take any shit.  Us Western liberal democracies are an easy target.

10 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Sectarianism innit. 

Bit of both for me. China clearly meet any of that stuff with an utterly withering response (given what comes with that I'm not sure that's an example to follow btw) but also the "Muslim countries" aren't one single entity like the fvcking Borg and have their own agendas, most of which do include a healthy dose of sectarianism.

Edited by leicsmac

20 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

China doesn't take any shit.  Us Western liberal democracies are an easy target.

The last time I checked the only nations that have recently invaded 'Muslim countries' (including after a terrorist attack) are Western liberal democracies.  Which I'm sure is one of, but not the only, reason fundamentalists target us.  

China has also not been interfering with the Middle East for hundreds of years and itself has been the victim of imperialist oppression, via European countries and Japan, until relatively recently in historical terms.  It just doesn't have the same target on its back despite the Uyghurs issue.   I think these are more key contributory factors.

Unless you are referring to China's internal security arrangements i.e. the fact it's a repressive, police state.  I guess that helps.  

• Like 2