Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

1 minute ago, bovril said:

It is, but other countries like Germany are struggling now to attract immigrants from e.g. Poland and from my own observations I would say most middle class E. Europeans are no longer that enamored with the thought of moving to the West. This is a good thing obviously. 

Fair point re: Germany which would be a country likely to attract E Europeans for work.

Were "middle class" E. Europeans that keen to move here, though? It seemed to me that most were likely to be employed in the service/hospitality/warehouse/logistics sector. Not exactly attractive to a middle class individual. I would have thought.

Still, it is what it is so my point maybe moot.

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

is Biden vs Trump the election with the worst skin tones in world history? 

I had to pull the skin off a chicken breast earlier and Biden's face came to mind.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I was always really glad to visit Spain and drive on the lovely roads our EU contributions paid for, and now you can do it in Eastern Europe too!  And enjoy the modern airports and so forth.

Hmmmm I wonder how much Spain and other Eastern European countries spunk on inquiries and legal fees?  Pity we didn’t use our EU handouts from “our EU contributions” a little more wisely

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Fair point re: Germany which would be a country likely to attract E Europeans for work.

Were "middle class" E. Europeans that keen to move here, though? It seemed to me that most were likely to be employed in the service/hospitality/warehouse/logistics sector. Not exactly attractive to a middle class individual. I would have thought.

Still, it is what it is so my point maybe moot.

When I lived in Bulgaria in the early 2010s, which is admittedly the poorest EU country, at least half the people I was teaching - mostly from middle income families that owned their own home - aspired to live in W Europe. And when I did a teaching qualification in 2008 I remember in my practice classes we had someone with a Master's degrees from Czechia working an an au pair in Cambridge. That probably still happens to some extent (I'm sure there are also highly qualified Brits that struggle to find work) but I don't really see that many Slavs working in service jobs in London anymore, they seem to have been replaced firstly by S. Americans and now S.E. Asians. 

There are loads of push and pull factors to immigration which I don't really know loads about but I imagine the biggest ones are standards of living in your home country and for that reason I think EU migration was always going to decline from the admittedly quite high numbers in the 2000s. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, zorro en españa said:

Hmmmm I wonder how much Spain and other Eastern European countries spunk on inquiries and legal fees?  Pity we didn’t use our EU handouts from “our EU contributions” a little more wisely

But, by not spending money having public enquiries or investigations into tragedies such as Grenfell, Hillsborough, the Thames disaster to name a few of many, how can countries improve systems, laws or safety etc. for their population?

Edited by Parafox

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Egypt

Tbf, they are very close to each other …

And in fairness, Trump probably wants to build a wall to stop Egyptians getting in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worthosoriginals said:

Evwn more stupid are the trump supporters

Haha, you can’t call someone stupid in a sentence you spell a word wrong :D

besides, Biden isn’t stupid, he’s  appearing to have memory issues, though… but it’s unfair to say he’s stupid..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Haha, you can’t call someone stupid in a sentence you spell a word wrong :D

besides, Biden isn’t stupid, he’s  appearing to have memory issues, though… but it’s unfair to say he’s stupid..

He's clearly written something in Welsh!

I'd imagine any half decent candidate would be chomping at the bit to run against these two.

I'm not clued up with American politics but I think they're crying out for a young, smart modern and forward thinking president. Not sure if there's anyone in the shadows that fits the bill? 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Coming from someone that would prefer the democrats win, surely biden can't run... He constantly confuses what he is saying. How is he possibly running the country? 

Still I prefer him to Trump. 

it would have been brave, and it would have been unprecedented, but the Democrats should have declared him unfit for running and should have backed another candidate in any elections for the democratic nomination. For all their attempts to stop Teflon Trump from being nominated and to  discredit him, it’s all being undone  by having  a person ( Biden) who no longer seems physically/ mentally able to do the Job that’s needed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

I'd imagine any half decent candidate would be chomping at the bit to run against these two.

I'm not clued up with American politics but I think they're crying out for a young, smart modern and forward thinking president. Not sure if there's anyone in the shadows that fits the bill? 

You've seen the electorate haven't you? 

All they want is Trump so let them have him.

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

What would Trump have done? He moved the embassy to Jerusalem after all.

the thing is that’s what his supporters would have wanted  him to do… Democrat voters don’t support ( as much) what Biden has done and I think this is the point he was making…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

the thing is that’s what his supporters would have wanted  him to do… Democrat voters don’t support ( as much) what Biden has done and I think this is the point he was making…

So they would vote for someone would who do the same, if not worse? 

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

So they would vote for someone would who do the same, if not worse? 

Trump is right wing and has many christian voters  who are likely to show ‘ solidarity’ with the Israelis. Biden is left wing and has less of a christian base support and more of a liberal support who don’t share the same  enthusiasm for defending the Israeli cause. Trump  would  energize his supporters with the stance he would take in Israel,  Biden is alienating his supporters for the stance he’s taking in Israel.

Edited by MPH

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/10/politics/trump-south-carolina-primary-haley/index.html

Only bone spurs draft dodger trump could get away with insulting an active serviceme. His base will love it, make excuses and offer their wives to him because he is god.

Idiot on the right, confused biden on the left.  Cvnt face trudeau over here, bellend sunak over there. Now is the time to seize on your opportunities to be a well paid politician. Requirements? Be stupid.

I think i stand a chance for once lol.