Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

On 01/04/2024 at 18:18, Lionator said:

I just feel sorry for the people of Syria having to endure this never ending proxy war, it’s about 13 years now I believe. 

Strong rumours on the web that Iran's going to send some missiles directly onto Israel. 

5 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Strong rumours on the web that Iran's going to send some missiles directly onto Israel. 

obviously that would be bad but at the same time, what on earth did Israel expect? You can’t go bombing foreign state embassies, it’s absolutely mad. 

17 minutes ago, Lionator said:

obviously that would be bad but at the same time, what on earth did Israel expect? You can’t go bombing foreign state embassies, it’s absolutely mad. 

Perhaps Israel is finally getting Iran back for the Argentina embassy attack in 1992. I do generally agree though that this sort of action should be avoided but I won’t be shedding any tears for those involved in terror attacks.

6 minutes ago, Salisbury Fox said:

Perhaps Israel is finally getting Iran back for the Argentina embassy attack in 1992. I do generally agree though that this sort of action should be avoided but I won’t be shedding any tears for those involved in terror attacks.

Both horrible fascist governments whose people should be freed from them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

A Labour landslide, greater than 1997 is on the cards. 

I've been saying for ages now that it is Labour's victory to lose given all the sleaze, lies and shenanigans from the current mob.

The trouble for me is that once Labour is in power will they do any better?

It is so easy to shout and berate from the sidelines and a completely different job once in Office.

honestly, I don’t think it even matters who is in power. People seem to get bored after a few years these days causing them to switch who they vote for..  political parties seem hell bent on self sabotage  and seem to implode much to the bemusement of their nearest rivals..

I know that’s a fairly cynical outlook…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkidsFox said:

Just cant see Iran doing that when it’s highly likely that iron dome intercepts them as they’d have to travel a long way 

More likely that they get their proxies in Syria, Lebanon and Yemen to launch more rockets than they have already been doing.  There was a fair number launched into n Israel end last week that killed an Israeli Arab and I saw video of eilat struck by 2 Houthi rockets at the weekend. 

they will likely get more stuff through fired from closer than Iran itself 

1 hour ago, SkidsFox said:

contrary to popular belief, Iran have no intention of getting into a direct conflict with Israel..

they are content with Hamas and Hezbollah destabilizing the region whilst they quell their own popular uprising, which is still simmering away… they are very wary of getting closer to conflict with the United States, also..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MPH said:

It’s interesting when you say ‘ we’re all doomed’.  My son has Austism and his new phrase that he says randomly is “ we’re all going to die!” 

Air travel will be interesting, the TSA and passengers love stuff like that 😁

• Haha 1

Just a "what if" but, what if the attack on the aid vehicles and workers in Gaza was a deliberate act designed to deter organisations and personnel from distributing aid?

Netanyahu didn't apologise, just describing it as a mistake that happens in war. 

That infers that there's an inherent risk that this will happen again. It seems very suspicious that the 3 vehicles were directly hit and AFAIK were the only vehicles travelling in the vicinity, clearly marked as aid. 

If it was a "mistake" what were the IAF trying to target? There's no evidence that I have seen that there were any other possible targets.

They MUST have known.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Just a "what if" but, what if the attack on the aid vehicles and workers in Gaza was a deliberate act designed to deter organisations and personnel from distributing aid?

Netanyahu didn't apologise, just describing it as a mistake that happens in war. 

That infers that there's an inherent risk that this will happen again. It seems very suspicious that the 3 vehicles were directly hit and AFAIK were the only vehicles travelling in the vicinity, clearly marked as aid. 

If it was a "mistake" what were the IAF trying to target? There's no evidence that I have seen that there were any other possible targets.

They MUST have known.

They have some of the most sophisticated intelligence networks and weapons in the world. 
This, like all of the other war crimes, are deliberate and they know that no one has the balls to do anything about it. 

• Like 3

i mean, not even Israel can find a way to excuse this:

World Central Kitchen founder Jose Andres has accused Israeli forces in Gaza of targeting the aid workers in a strike that killed seven members of his staff on Monday, "systematically, car by car".

Speaking to Reuters news agency, Andres says that the killing of seven WCK personnel was not a mistake or a misfire, and asserts that the Israelis knew their movements at the time of the attack.

"Even if we were not in coordination with the (Israeli army), no democratic country and no military can be targeting civilians and humanitarians," he says.

• Haha 1

From what i understand, they were in one car that was attacked, transferred the injured to a second car that was then also attacked and ended up in a third vehicle which was then attacked... this wasnt in any way a rogue action or isolated action... it was systematic targeting..

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

From what i understand, they were in one car that was attacked, transferred the injured to a second car that was then also attacked and ended up in a third vehicle which was then attacked... this wasnt in any way a rogue action or isolated action... it was systematic targeting..

We’ll have disclosure by Friday. it’s quite rare for Israeli military to be prosecuted (as is the case in most armies) but I reckon you might see a few in this case. whether any charges are seen through would be moot though 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

They’ve been using indiscriminate targeting forever. Snipers shooting anyone who moves including children. Bombing of residential areas, convoys of refugees trying to flee, mosques, hospitals. 
They don’t care. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

We’ll have disclosure by Friday. it’s quite rare for Israeli military to be prosecuted (as is the case in most armies) but I reckon you might see a few in this case. whether any charges are seen through would be moot though 

id imagine some charges being brought in a wave of publicity only to be silently dropped when things have quietened down a bit… or if some other major event happens 

What a horrible dark world we live in now. In my life time, I've never known such chaos around the world. Everyone wants to start fights. It's crazy. 

Just feels all out of control and no one is trying to de-escalate any of the situations. 

Edited by fox_favourite

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

What a horrible dark world we live in now. In my life time, I've never known such chaos around the world. Everyone wants to start fights. It's crazy. 

Just feels all out of control and no one is trying to de-escalate any of the situations. 

I agree that it feels horrible and dark at the moment, but it’s probably just what the world has been like for most of history. It’s just that the period since the Second World War has bern unusually peaceful by historic standards, and that has lulled our generation into thinking that’s the norm. What we’re experiencing now may be a slight reversion to the mean, albeit probably still nowhere near as bad as it has been for much of the past. 

War is horrific and brutal. 

My first thought was they’re cutting off the supply lines, basically putting them under siege. 

• Like 1