Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

What interests me is the different demographics of the EU and UK votes. In the EU, the lurch to the right seems to be amongst younger voters, whereas in the uk it seems to be amongst older voters as the right have never been less voted for in the under 50s in the uk.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

But will he lose this election or just be a little scare ?

Assume he probably loses parliament which makes life tougher for him 

but the thoght process could be that if the right control parliament and don’t achieve much in the next two years (and possibly appear useless)  then perhaps he thinks they are more likely to fail to win the presidency in 27 

maintaining the status quo till ‘27 is more likely to see the right win - that’s a calculation which could blow up for him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

What interests me is the different demographics of the EU and UK votes. In the EU, the lurch to the right seems to be amongst younger voters, whereas in the uk it seems to be amongst older voters as the right have never been less voted for in the under 50s in the uk.

Trend in the Anglophone world in general I think. 

7 hours ago, Sampson said:

There are was a series on R4 that went into great detail about this.It was called the kids are ALT Right.It’s Western Europe that the young are are drifting to the right.Eastern Europe it’s the older generation.

56 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

There are was a series on R4 that went into great detail about this.It was called the kids are ALT Right.It’s Western Europe that the young are are drifting to the right.Eastern Europe it’s the older generation.

Saw a video on YouTube showing that in German they are doing extremely well in East Germany and not so well in West Germany. Many in east Germany feel like they’ve been left behind after the fall of Berlin Wall, many left for the west for the jobs and better life and the cities in the east didn’t receive the infrastructure so many of those who stayed in the east after German unification feel like the optimism of unification hasn’t been fulfilled and so are understandably disillusioned with the major parties 

Sad hearing about how Mosley nearly made it to safety, merely metres away from a beach resort bar. 

And apparently Greek police having the CCTV footage days before he was eventually found? 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Sad hearing about how Mosley nearly made it to safety, merely metres away from a beach resort bar. 

And apparently Greek police having the CCTV footage days before he was eventually found? 

Very sad indeed.  They didn't think he was that far away I guess, but its a great shame they didn't have enough resources on it to take a look before then.

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Russian submarines off the coast of Cuba / Florida. 

Cold War Mk II starting here …..

I think there’s a lot of fake news in that tweet. They’re not carrying nukes (and what does it matter as other subs lurk 24/7 anyway), and they’re going to Cuba, not doing war games. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cekk3954890o

Pretty horrific.  Youngest murderers since Venables and Thompson.  I assume they will named at sentencing, although I could not see the date of that in the article. 

They are looking at naming the little cvnts.

They should name the parents as well.

Little bastards are just evil when you read some of the other reports about them- something like this you should do what they do in the Saudi countries.

17 minutes ago, Raj said:

They are looking at naming the little cvnts.

They should name the parents as well.

Little bastards are just evil when you read some of the other reports about them- something like this you should do what they do in the Saudi countries.

This knife culture is very scary, where does a 12 yr get 40 quid to ‘buy’ a machete? You have to look at the parents/guardians and wonder what they were doing. 

2 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

This knife culture is very scary, where does a 12 yr get 40 quid to ‘buy’ a machete? You have to look at the parents/guardians and wonder what they were doing. 

100%.

My lad is 11 and hes only bothered about Pokemon, looking at stupid videof on tiktok or dry humping.

To imagine at this age kids are trying to buy machetes on the web and boasting about injuring fellow kids let alone decapitating them. 

Country need to get a grip on the parents too.

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I’m sorry but as vile as this crime is, I don’t see how you can genuinely make the parents legally responsible. You can be the best parents in the world but kids can still go rotten in schools. You also have no idea of the parents situation, if it’s a single mother who can only find work on the night shift etc. so had to leave them with childminders a lot. 

Setting up such a frightening precedent to say parents much be held responsible for children doing horrific crimes and saying we should make the parent’s name public.

They should be held to account.

We dont(Thankfully) see manySikh, Gujarati hindu kids doing stuff like this so abit goes to the upbringing so lets not brush it under the carpet

7 minutes ago, Raj said:

They should be held to account.

We dont(Thankfully) see manySikh, Gujarati hindu kids doing stuff like this so abit goes to the upbringing so lets not brush it under the carpet

But there’s a lot more that goes into a child’s behaviour than their parents. The child has their own dna, brain chemistry, their peer group and schools play a massive roll on forming a child too. Even at home, parents cannot realistically police everything the child sees on tv and online. 

I get it’s an emotional case but setting legal precedent based on extreme emotional cases is not a good idea, it’s how legal creep happens and it’s just not realistic to say a parent should be held fully legally responsible for how a child turns out and their behaviour.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

But there’s a lot more that goes into a child’s behaviour than their parents. The child has their own dna, brain chemistry, their peer group and schools play a massive roll on forming a child too. Even at home, parents cannot realistically police everything the child sees on tv and online. 

I get it’s an emotional case but setting legal precedent based on extreme emotional cases is not a good idea, it’s how legal creep happens and it’s just not realistic to say a parent should be held fully legally responsible for how a child turns out and their behaviour.

I didnt say a parent should be held FULLY responsible but they should be held to account atleast.

If my son did this I would want to question what I did wrong in parenting him for him to think this was okay to do.

I don't think anyone would suggest that parents should be held directly responsible for their child's crime BUT it shouldn't be lost that being a parent is one of THE most important roles in society, and bring children up to be law abiding, functional people in society should be taken seriously.  Most parents do a decent enough job, but, like in any job, you get some who are bad at it, some who are plain lazy and some who are just not interested.  

If your child starts coming to the continual notice of law enforcement, there should be some consequence - mandatory parenting lessons, supervision, specific tasks and so on.  Make it optional if you like, but failure to engage carries some sort of consequence if your child goes on to commit a serious crime.

I'm not supporting the idea that a parent can be held responsible for a single, horrific act - that's nuts.  But these kids who glorify and carry knives (and perhaps older siblings) and cause anti social problems in their community can and should be put on a different path.  The parents have a huge role to play in that and should be helped to do so, with the caveat that if they don't try, then they have to share some responsibility.

• Like 1