Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

So what are you trying to say, Putin? that it was absolutely  nothing to do with ridding the Country of Nazi'ism after all?

Speaking to a meeting of Russian ambassadors in Moscow on Friday, Mr Putin called on the Ukrainian government to withdraw from four regions partially occupied by Russia - Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia.

He also said Ukraine would need to officially give up in its efforts to join the Nato military alliance for the Russian advance to be halted.

Mr Putin said: "As soon as Kyiv declares that it is ready for such a decision... an order to cease fire and begin negotiations will immediately follow from our side, literally at the same minute."

Imagine having another country invade yours, destroy huge parts of it, kill many people and then have the leader of that country start talking about negotiations 🤬

On 13/06/2024 at 18:31, foxile5 said:

Honestly the small -but overall significant- steps we've taken into a dystopian hell society over the last decade have been remarkable. 

I'm not old but the world is SIGNIFICANTLY worse off than it was when I was young. 

On 13/06/2024 at 18:41, MPH said:

it's heart breaking.

Honestly, my satirical posts on just about everything you see is my way of coping. I'm so disappointed with society in general.

Just heading over to the "Absolute ***** Of Our Time" topic to post: "everyone in a position of wealth and power".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Just heading over to the "Absolute ***** Of Our Time" topic to post: "everyone in a position of wealth and power".

We were warned and clearly warned by social commentators in the early twentieth century it would end this way.

Unfortunately, it seemed that people liked the concept.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

We were warned and clearly warned by social commentators in the early twentieth century it would end this way.

Unfortunately, it seemed that people liked the concept.

Jared Diamond touches on this too..

11 hours ago, MPH said:

I actually said from the very beginning that Netanyahu will prolong this war for as long as possible to prolong his political career..

From an Israeli point of view, they have had enough of the FAFO attitude of the Iranian Proxys and once they have finished with Hamas, they will turn their full attention over to Hezbollah.  Hezbollah may have literally thousands of rockets but they have absolutely no air combat power so once Israel does turn its full attention to them,  Israel will have complete air superiority and Hezbollah will  be decimated in a similar way to Hamas being so.

The world would be a better place without either Hamas or Hezbollah that is for sure.  Hopefully the fact that they don't have the tunnel infrastructure means any Northern war would be shorter and less bloody.  I do find it desperately sad that Hamas spent all this time and money building a tunnel network and arming themselves when they could have built a country from the base they inherited when the IDF left Gaza. What a waste.

• Like 2

I'll not post it here, but well done to Surrey Police for inventing a new way to catch a calf...and upset the entire country in the process.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Daggers said:

I'll not post it here, but well done to Surrey Police for inventing a new way to catch a calf...and upset the entire country in the process.

I suppose it beats being hit by a fast moving car.   Tricky buggers cows.

Edit, oh no it was a fast moving car.  I had imagined them nudging into it.  Poor thing.  Jesus.

I swa a few posts saying "would they do this to a dog"?  No they shoot dogs they can't control.  Also they knock thieves off scooters.  The calf on the other hand was no doubt terrified.

Edited by Jon the Hat

I'm a vegetarian ( sorry) but I cant believe the utter outrage in some area about the cops hitting a cow!

In America the cops shoot black people just for looking at them ffs

1 hour ago, Raj said:

I'm a vegetarian ( sorry) but I cant believe the utter outrage in some area about the cops hitting a cow!

In America the cops shoot black people just for looking at them ffs

While this is true, it comes from a long history of violence between the police and young black men.  The same is not true between the Feltham police and cows.  Unless I missed something.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

While this is true, it comes from a long history of violence between the police and young black men.  The same is not true between the Feltham police and cows.  Unless I missed something.

Its just the hysteria over a cow running lose.

Instead of cops actually catching criminals lets have them waste hours chasing a fecking cow!

An animals lib spokesperson on lbc said she was horrified by what happened and has called for a full independent  review of the force...i mean Cmon, there's things to be outraged about in this country at the moment, poor Rishi didn't even have Sky growing up!

17 minutes ago, Raj said:

Its just the hysteria over a cow running lose.

Instead of cops actually catching criminals lets have them waste hours chasing a fecking cow!

An animals lib spokesperson on lbc said she was horrified by what happened and has called for a full independent  review of the force...i mean Cmon, there's things to be outraged about in this country at the moment, poor Rishi didn't even have Sky growing up!

I don't mind the country being protective of animals, I think it is a good thing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I don't mind the country being protective of animals, I think it is a good thing.

Your missing my point so i'll leave it there:thumbup:

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Your missing my point so i'll leave it there:thumbup:

I once got charged by a cow.  It had just given birth to a calf and I was walking through it's field, so fiar enough.  It had already chased a teacher into a river leaving a bunch of schoolkids stranded in a lane.  I can tell you that half a ton of cow running at you is quite alarming and indeed Cows kill poeple in the UK each year, so I would be quite happy for the police to try to remove it safely.

Killer Cows – Keeping our footpaths safe for walkers

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I once got charged by a cow.  It had just given birth to a calf and I was walking through it's field, so fiar enough.  It had already chased a teacher into a river leaving a bunch of schoolkids stranded in a lane.  I can tell you that half a ton of cow running at you is quite alarming and indeed Cows kill poeple in the UK each year, so I would be quite happy for the police to try to remove it safely.

Killer Cows – Keeping our footpaths safe for walkers

A lad at work told me he got chased by a her od cows in Barrow as he was cycling along- he said he literally thought his life was going to end.

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Not sure you have one mate.

I’m horrified at what they did. I was shocked by the video. I think the driver’s choice was abhorrent and I’m delighted he’d been removed from frontline duties. I hope the investigation is swift and he’s removed from the force - plus the line manager who gave authorisation for it.

You’ve got ex-coppers recounting how they have faced similar situations from one to a whole herd of cows, all of which are decrying the shameful decision.

I’d suggest that if you’re on board with it then that’s a you thing, not a problem with “the utter outrage”.

I don't actually know how to answer that so i'll leave it there and move on.

Id rather the police (already overstretched and under resourced) actually police real crime rather than move cows who could literally kill a bloke from the streets..

Most forces have dedicated animal units and this should have been handled by them not a response unit.

If anyone's to blame its probably the coppers handlers/ line manager who gave them the job and not the copper in question.

Staines: Police who hit cow 'probably right', says farmer - BBC News

Edited by Raj

17 hours ago, Sampson said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c0vv717yvpeo

Greek coastguard threw migrants overboard to their deaths, witnesses say.

Just heartbreaking.

It think it is important to understand what happens if you actively push back people on small boats, or indeed remove people from the shore and dump them back at sea.  We don't do this, in fact the RNLI and others pick up those who are struggling at sea.

If you rightly don't do this though, you need another way of demonstrating that those who do not have a proper case for asylum (including the many thousands of fit healthy young men looking for work) will be removed.  This is important whether you think so becuase "too many immigrants innit" or becuase people are drowning on shit boats.  Its very difficult, and hence why Rwanda came about, ridiculous as it seems to be sending people so far away.

17 hours ago, Sampson said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c0vv717yvpeo

Greek coastguard threw migrants overboard to their deaths, witnesses say.

Just heartbreaking.

It think it is important to understand what happens if you actively push back people on small boats, or indeed remove people from the shore and dump them back at sea.  We don't do this, in fact the RNLI and others pick up those who are struggling at sea.

If you rightly don't do this though, you need another way of demonstrating that those who do not have a proper case for asylum (including the many thousands of fit healthy young men looking for work) will be removed.  This is important whether you think so becuase "too many immigrants innit" or becuase people are drowning on shit boats.  Its very difficult, and hence why Rwanda came about, ridiculous as it seems to be sending people so far away.