Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Trump makes loads of similar errors by mixing people up but when you’re looking someone in the eye then how the hell can you call them the name of their absolute nemesis ???!

The democrats can’t just dump Biden either - it has to be on the back of an actual medical diagnosis for both constitutional and campaigning reasons. 

so Biden may have to stick around for a few more weeks yet and counter intuitively, make more gaffs. 

When you get 10,000 names thrown at you a day you’re going to get names mixed up.  I called my wife a work colleagues name once. That didn’t go down well.

big difference for me is that debate. Whilst trump was lying through his back teeth, he was coherent, sharp and could finish a sentence. Forgetting a name is not necessarily a sign of cognitive decline. 

18 minutes ago, MPH said:

When you get 10,000 names thrown at you a day you’re going to get names mixed up.  I called my wife a work colleagues name once. That didn’t go down well.

big difference for me is that debate. Whilst trump was lying through his back teeth, he was coherent, sharp and could finish a sentence. Forgetting a name is not necessarily a sign of cognitive decline. 

Was it Claire from accounts, the ice-cold vixen who, if only she would let her hair down would be a right saucy minx?

Or worse, was it Hubert the Janitor?

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, MPH said:

The so called leader of the free world needs to do better though. No offence but you getting a name mixed up doesn't matter, Biden is on the world stage and needs at the very least to be getting the basics right. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, MPH said:

I don’t agree when you’re looking straight at him ……. 

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

The so called leader of the free world needs to do better though. No offence but you getting a name mixed up doesn't matter, Biden is on the world stage and needs at the very least to be getting the basics right. 

That Biden's health is the story means he should of course step down. After all it's not like he is looking just to get to the election but another four years as president 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Unless you call your wife by your lover's name by mistake whilst "conjugating".

:ph34r:

Not me, but someone I know.

Again, not me.

7 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Biden is in the Situation Room at the White House. He gives the command to nuke the UK and the missiles are launched - sorry guys I meant USSR says Joe ……. 

Up until last week I would have been OK with that

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

i do get what you’re saying, but  world leaders getting names confused  is not a new thing. World leaders have been doing that for years. Admittedly, not to the scale Biden has recently..

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t agree when you’re looking straight at him ……. 

getting names mixed up when your standing next to  a world leader is not a new thing at all.. much younger leaders have done that.

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Picture me, 1989, first week at work as a 16 year old selling electronics on a busy Saturday.

The store is packed and I'm serving a customer who's got a question I don't know the answer too.

My manager (a woman called Joy) is across the other side of the store and I need to get her attention.

Instead of shouting "JOY, I need your help!!" I shouted "MUM!!"

Everyone pissing themselves laughing and I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me. 

Especially as she wasn't your mum :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

getting names mixed up when your standing next to  a world leader is not a new thing at all.. much younger leaders have done that.

Yeah, like Churchill did when he was at the Yalta Conference with Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler.

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

Just been reading about Project 2025 on bbc and Wikipedia. Surely hope that is a conspiracy and the checks and balances that hold up democracy would work to stop it. 

https://bbc.com/news/articles/c977njnvq2do

Before Jan 6th I would have laughed it off.  However, the project seems to advocate the unitary executive theory, which counters those checks and balances and argues that article 2 of the constitution allows the President to reshape and give the executive branch more power.  Trump disavowing it tell’s it own story! 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Alec Baldwin trial collapsed after evidence was tampered with/witheld.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jul/12/alec-baldwin-court-case-rust-shooting-trial

Embarrassing for the police and prosecutors.

Beyond embarrassing IMO that looks corrupt. How can you not reveal that when you went to the ammunition supplier you found a live and dummy rounds mixed up?  I'll be surprised if the Hannah Gutierrez-Reed is not released off that back of that as well.  I guess that depends on whether as armorer she was entitled to rely on the supplier, in the way that Baldwin is entitled to rely on a gun handed to him by an armorer, and with dummy bullets supplied by a supplier in fact holding dummy bullets.

• Like 3

Hope he get start to get his life and career back on track now although I doubt he’ll ever recover mentally from knowing he accidentally killed someone and having to face the horrendous anxiety of trail knowing the state deliberately withheld evidence against you. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Izzy said:

Picture me, 1989, first week at work as a 16 year old selling electronics on a busy Saturday.

The store is packed and I'm serving a customer who's got a question I don't know the answer too.

My manager (a woman called Joy) is across the other side of the store and I need to get her attention.

Instead of shouting "JOY, I need your help!!" I shouted "MUM!!"

Everyone pissing themselves laughing and I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me. 

12 hours ago, Parafox said:

Unless you call your wife by your lover's name by mistake whilst "conjugating".

:ph34r:

Not me, but someone I know.

Again, not me.

A combination of these incidents would be difficult to get past. 

• Haha 2

Does anyone else listen to The Rest is Politics US? Just been digesting the latest episode and I'm now a bit less frightened that Biden is going to try and stick it out.

It doesn't sound like he's got much support left at all now and things will start to happen after the NATO summit has concluded

47 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Does anyone else listen to The Rest is Politics US? Just been digesting the latest episode and I'm now a bit less frightened that Biden is going to try and stick it out.

It doesn't sound like he's got much support left at all now and things will start to happen after the NATO summit has concluded

I listen occasionally but not a huge fan of Katty Kay or Scaromoochie. Don't think they're nearly as good as Campbell and Stewart.

Will listen to the latest ep though as interested in the view from across the pond.

42 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I listen to it and that was my take away from the latest episode as well. It sounds as though everybody (with the exception of the Biden's) has privately accepted he cannot run. Once more of them make their feelings publicly known his position will quickly become even more untenable than it currently is.

The Clooney article sounds as though it could be a key tipping point, especially as Obama allegedly signed off on it.

A quick look at oddschecker shows the odds have now moved Biden into 3rd place for winning the election, with Harris ahead of him but behind Trump.

The whole thing is just really sad to see unfold. Everything about his behaviour at the moment takes me back to when my Grandad was developing Alzheimer's. Not just the symptoms but the insistence that everything is fine and a refusal to accept anything that shows it isn't fine. 

• Like 1