Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

30 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

What are these and would I recognise one if they walked past me in the street ? 

I’ve seen True Grit and can remember Britt Eckland but this species of True Brits I’m a little confused about :)

Vest, Y-fronts, propensity to engage you in a conversation about the weather or the remarkable qualities of Suzanna Reid.

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Our company uses Teams and other Microsoft things.

Absolutely devastated to log on today and find everything in perfect working order. 

As I work in IT, I'm disgusted with the amount of people that have thrown this at me already as some sort of banter... :D

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

It’s certainly an ‘interesting’ set of sentances @EnderbyFox

I’ve only read a couple of summary newspaper reports, but I believe the 5 were regularly pissing the judge off and received several contempt of court charges during the trial - not likely to help you when it comes to sentancing.

It was also suggested that the policing cost was in the region of £1 million. 

I expect both the charges and sentences to be appealed - and possible shortened - but I think the end result will still be a custodial sentence.

What is also clear is to characterise the actions as merely a ‘protest’ is disingenuous - the actions crossed a line.

I don't have much sympathy for them, they want their actions to draw attention to their cause well here we have it.

Having said that the Government want to reduce the prison population and we have to be looking at some form of alternatives for non violent crime. I want anyone carrying a weapon doing five years, I want those riding around on scooters looking to nick whatever they can in broad daylight banged up and off the streets, I want rioters who overturn police cars and smash up buses sitting in a cell considering their life choices.  I want climate change activists so preoccupied in working in the community that they don't have time to protest against anything. They were an easy collar, not wearing a hoodie or a ski mask and not making any attempt to flee the scene of their crime. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I do hope it isn't largely a group of a certain ethnicity or culture that is taking part in these reported riots in Leeds.

If it is, there's yet more evidence for those who will dispute the benefits and integration of our harmonious, multi-cultural society.

"DiVerSitY iS oUr StrenGtH!!" Or so we keep being told😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

"DiVerSitY iS oUr StrenGtH!!" Or so we keep being told😂😂😂😂😂

When a group of white guys take part in football aggro does anyone ' dispute the benefits and integration of our harmonious, mulitcultural  society'? I wonder.

3 minutes ago, Thommo said:

When a group of white guys take part in football aggro does anyone ' dispute the benefits and integration of our harmonious, mulitcultural  society'? I wonder.

I mean in this country people jump on shit like that as quickly as they can to make a point, so I'm not sure it's the greatest example.

re the Roma. I have spent quite a lot of time amongst them in Europe, or at least more than some I guess. I generally found them pretty sound on an individual level and certainly not as lazy as some make out, but frankly there is a tolerance in their community to what most people in Europe would consider child abuse, or at the very least neglect.

Edited by bovril

1 hour ago, bovril said:

re the Roma. I have spent quite a lot of time amongst them in Europe, or at least more than some I guess. I generally found them pretty sound on an individual level and certainly not as lazy as some make out, but frankly there is a tolerance in their community to what most people in Europe would consider child abuse, or at the very least neglect.

Sounds like a lovely community that..

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

IMG_4451.thumb.jpeg.3e2a7a52dcbad837e19a50739f452987.jpeg

really sad what that it’s taken this long but glad it has.

Is anything going to change.  Its like my mum telling me and says she is going to slap me.  But im 160 miles away and she hasn't the ability to enact it.

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Unfortunately the Israelis will probably carry on regardless, they have already said they won't recognise the ruling.

Meanwhile 

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-bombards-central-gaza-tanks-advance-deeper-rafah-2024-07-18/

They’ve already said and indeed said it from last October. They will be stopping on their own terms, no one else’s. 

They want to stop the rockets coming over but I think theirs a deeper goal here. I suspect they are trying to break people’s will to remain and encourage as many as possible to go back to other parts of the Middle East. 

Can I just say that I've never watched Strictly*, and I feel completely vindicated, now it's come out that they mistreated their contestants.

*ok, it's because I think it's a pile of turd, rather than any moral scruples on my part, but still...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Can I just say that I've never watched Strictly*, and I feel completely vindicated, now it's come out that they mistreated their contestants.

*ok, it's because I think it's a pile of turd, rather than any moral scruples on my part, but still...

It takes itself far too seriously. It started out as a fun, Saturday evening show where famous people from around the celebrity sphere tried something vastly different from their norm. It then became too big, too serious and lost it's original reason for creation. All this talk of "journeys" etc, ridiculous.

I gave up after the John Sergeant debacle. Utter madness how it got so "important".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Is anything going to change.  Its like my mum telling me and says she is going to slap me.  But im 160 miles away and she hasn't the ability to enact it.

She should though.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I'm not sure why you added the disclaimer about moral scruples. Didn't think that for a second.

On a serious note I just think that the dividing line between demanding, driven coach and bully is very thin and will very by personal perceptions.

54 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Really good news for both the Tories and country if so. Her influence is so toxic on the party and country

Surprised it didn't happen sooner.