Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

Harris is not a shoe-in. 

Will America vote for a woman! And  a black woman!.

Honest question, I hope so

If it does come down to Trump vs Harris it will be racists/ misogynists versus progressives.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

If it does come down to Trump vs Harris it will be racists/ misogynists versus progressives.

I can only repeat that Harris is not well liked within the Democratic Party. She’s not even a shoe-in for the nomination let alone the ability to get enough votes in an election.

Unfortunately, Biden’s endorsement doesn’t carry the weight it used to. 

“ he’s old and has dementia. What does he know”

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

I hope you’re joking. 

• Like 1

I just don’t know who they’ll pick.  Democrats are suffering right now for having the ‘ old guard’ in charge - Schumer and Pelosi  and  the only ‘ emerging stars’ are from the far left and they don’t have the ability to unite the party.. There remains several ver influential Jewish financial backers who withdrew their funding because of how ‘ badly’ Biden treated Israel ( as they see it).. and Kamala Harris is much stricter and is known as being very scathing of Israel’s position on all things Palestinian so I’d be very very surprised if she gets the nod to lead the party…

"If you think that there is consensus among the people who want Joe Biden to leave that they will support Kamala - Vice President Harris - you would be mistaken," Representative Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez, a Biden supporter, said on Instagram. "There's no safe option."

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Is anyone on Truth Social who can tell me how ol’ Donald has taken the news? 

I imagine he’s gone with a Presidential approach and wished Biden well and offered him a game of golf sometime? 

I don’t think I could stomach having a ‘Truth’ social media account…

Just now, MPH said:

Guaranteed to get you on the PREVENT list. 

6 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Is anyone on Truth Social who can tell me how ol’ Donald has taken the news? 

I imagine he’s gone with a Presidential approach and wished Biden well and offered him a game of golf sometime? 

Don’t have truth but he just called him the worst president ever

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

Pretty sure it goes hand in hand with being marked out for a hard drive check

21 minutes ago, Lionator said:

This needs to be settled over a round of golf…

America is a shambles in terms of its president candidates one is fast approaching 80 and been convicted of a crime and now the second candidate basically got top of the list cause the other person is too old and ill to stand in for another election.  

38 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I did see something reported to be his reaction… since found it confirmed as seen below 👇 

The man’s pure class isn’t he 😂

For those with better reference points - I knew Harris was unpopular, but I don’t really know why or the levels.

Is she Hillary level unpopular? 

And how much direct exposure has she been getting? 

Is there any prospect that if she’s given front and centre she can turn opinion? 

47 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

For those with better reference points - I knew Harris was unpopular, but I don’t really know why or the levels.

Is she Hillary level unpopular? 

And how much direct exposure has she been getting? 

Is there any prospect that if she’s given front and centre she can turn opinion? 

She’s definitely picked a side with regards to the Israel- Hamas conflict, and her phraseology has upset some applecarts. She had a high turnover of staff in her early tenure of vice president and has been known by a few whistleblowers from that time as being rude and obnoxious.

However as nice and rosey as it would be,  picking a leader should never been just about being a popularity contest.

Can she get the votes to beat  Donald Trump? That’s got to be the biggy, surely?

as superficial as it may be, being a woman with African American heritage should help to reign in some votes. partly because, believe it or not, Trumps support amongst African Americans is the highest it’s been for a republican for many years (  still a tiny percentage  compared to the Democrats of course..

If  the democrats can swallow the same pride that caused them to persist with Biden for so long and unite behind Harris, then it could be a nail biter  in November. People might talk about how she might not have enough time to campeign, but the flip side of that is that Trump doesn’t have long to fling dirt either and whittle away at that public persona like he has with Biden. It’s been a long yet successful campaign to turn America against Biden, even if he did ultimately undo himself, he won’t have that time with Harris.

The democrats have to unite and elect an electable and they have to do it now to stand a chance..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @MPH

How do you think Harris will stand with women voters? 

I feel they’re voters more susceptible to changing their votes - and can be quite catty towards female politicians, almost to the point they show a preference for a man to be in charge. (huge sweeping generalisation I know, but necessary in this context).

And equally - would black men vote for a black woman? Doe s she have the type of pull Obama did (probably an unfair comparison, Obama was an excellent politician). 

Obviously she’ll be popular on the left… but the Dem’s should have that vote covered anyway.

I can’t help thinking many within the Dem’s might have preferred having someone else right now… but that they don’t really have someone else to choose.

I hope Democrats don’t make the choice of candidate about whether the person is black, gay or a woman. This election is too important to be anything other than their suitability to beat Trump. Those characteristics should be irrelevant unless thought to improve the chances of success.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

Probably being very naive and British here but when I look at the current Republican party I still don't really see why the Democrat nominee matters that much. There appears to be a pretty stark ideological divide between the two parties no matter who is actually running for president. 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Probably being very naive and British here but when I look at the current Republican party I still don't really see why the Democrat nominee matters that much. There appears to be a pretty stark ideological divide between the two parties no matter who is actually running for president. 

There are definitely undecided/persuadable voters in America. Maybe not many percentage wise but enough.