Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Slight nuance - he lives in Qatar - but he visits his paymasters in Tehran so often that he seems to have ‘a home’ there too. (Assuming the beeb are correct on that one). 

wonder how this affects Gaza - haniyeh was more of a political mastermind whereas sinwar is a master of all trades and may now be emboldened to go in a direction that haniyeh had told him was ‘out of bounds’. 

They’d never attack him in Qatar, so were obviously waiting for him to travel to somewhere where they felt able to launch a strike. It will be interesting to see how Iran responds to this. Sinwar will presumably be the next target. 

19 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

My only question is why do we hold white British people to a higher standard than ethnic minorities when it comes to rioting and disorder?

It's great to see thugs being called out as thugs re Southport. I don't remember seeing the same reaction from politicians, the media, and in here for the rioting in Leeds and Manchester?

Because the media is too scared of calling out "THE " ethnic minority involved in most of these related issues.

I'll give you a guess, its not normally Sikhs, Gujuratis, Hindus or Sri Lankans who are involved.....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Just using the PM as an example:

Starmer on Leeds:

Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer condemned the "shocking and disgraceful" rioting in Leeds and gave his full support to police in "taking the strongest possible action" against the perpetrators

Starmer on Southport:

Violence against police in Southport after three girls were killed in a knife attack has been condemned, as Sir Keir Starmer said rioters would “feel the full force of the law”

Nearly identical in sentiment. As was the coverage. The only difference in both is that in Southport 3 poor little girls were killed which enhanced media coverage and perhaps increased the shock at the stupidity of the parasites who caused the carnage. 

Fair enough, it was the particular use of the word "thuggery" re Southport which caught my eye though which I think is applicable in all instances.

Does anybody subscribe to the idea that these societal fractures and conflicts are by design? Or is it all conspiracy BS? I'm seeing a lot of stuff shared on Social Media and I just don't know 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

In Leeds it was caused by a child Romani community. In Southport it was  the white British community. In Manchester it was the Pakistani community. There are 3 different communities there. 

Let them call them all out then no matter who it is.

• Haha 1

I don't feel that war is inevitable but I do feel that, in my life, the middle east has always had some form of conflict. Sometimes it's much more serious and sometimes it's more contained. 

It just seems to be an area constantly at war with itself and others. 

26 minutes ago, Raj said:

Let them call them all out then no matter who it is.

Not sure who you mean by them but our Prime Minister has called threm as others have demonstrated,  perhaps you need to take your blinkers off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

They’d never attack him in Qatar, so were obviously waiting for him to travel to somewhere where they felt able to launch a strike. It will be interesting to see how Iran responds to this. Sinwar will presumably be the next target. 

Sinwar has been target no 1 for Israel since Oct 7 - - but he’s living in tunnels and probably keeps his location restricted to a few that he trusts!  Deif popped above ground to meet a Kahn younis commander two weeks ago and discovered the risks of leaving the tunnels and being with someone who’s close confidants you’re not sure about. 

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sinwar has been target no 1 for Israel since Oct 7 - - but he’s living in tunnels and probably keeps his location restricted to a few that he trusts!  Deif popped above ground to meet a Kahn younis commander two weeks ago and discovered the risks of leaving the tunnels and being with someone who’s close confidants you’re not sure about. 

Haniyeh being killed and leaving Sinwar free to do what he wants is actually quite worrying. Haniyeh enjoyed being the “statesman” mixing in the right circles. Sinwar comes across as someone who enjoys the battle. Regardless if that battle is beneficial or not.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Raj said:

Because the media is too scared of calling out "THE " ethnic minority involved in most of these related issues.

I'll give you a guess, its not normally Sikhs, Gujuratis, Hindus or Sri Lankans who are involved.....

Just as an FYI incase it wasn't clear, you can get Gujurati Muslims and also Sri Lankan Muslims too..... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

My only question is why do we hold white British people to a higher standard than ethnic minorities when it comes to rioting and disorder?

It's great to see thugs being called out as thugs re Southport. I don't remember seeing the same reaction from politicians, the media, and in here for the rioting in Leeds and Manchester?

I don't think this is necessarily true about politicians and the media but it might be true about the general public. Saving face is very important in Britain.

24 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Haniyeh being killed and leaving Sinwar free to do what he wants is actually quite worrying. Haniyeh enjoyed being the “statesman” mixing in the right circles. So war comes across as someone who enjoys the battle. Regardless if that battle is beneficial or not.

Of the six listed as Hamas hierarchy (in Gaza and Qatar) on oct 7, three remain alive. (Al zahar, moshaal in Qatar and sinwar beneath Gaza unless he managed to escape to Egypt through tunnels before Israel took control of the Philadelphi corridor) 

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Let's look at yesterday. I would absolutely guarantee that most of those turning up singing anti-Muslim songs have been stocked up by the total fabrication of the person's name, being a small boat migrant in the last year, and being on a watchlist. All that came from a right wing US made up news source in channel 3 news. It then spread like wildfire, being repeated by all your usual right-wing grifters online. 

The people who started that rumour have got EXACTLY what they wanted. 

As an individual, you just don't know what to place your trust in regarding the news and facts that you hear. 

I appreciate that everyone makes mistakes and the odd source will not be genuine, however currently it feels that there is a disinformation war ongoing and the results are played out on X and the streets. 

I couldn't tell you if this person accused is 17 from Wales, Lancashire or abroad. 

I can't tell you that I know where the people who rioted were from yesterday, but they all sounded local from what I have heard on videos knowing of the North Wests accents. 

I don't know if the reports of another man carrying a knife close to this initial memorial, that there are images of, are real, or not or even related to this issue. I don't know if this is what ignited yesterday's gathering into a riot? 

I think people should be able to express how they feel, I also feel that that justice should be just and equal irrespective of the individual. 

Politics and the beaurocrats are making the police take the hits for their agenda. 

11 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

The great irony is that the small boats crisis, which has changed the complexion of the debate around immigration in the country, is a direct consequence of Brexit, which all these people supported.

They're basically kicking off about the consequence of their own actions. Anyone would think it was a crock of shit from the start and they didn't know what they were voting for.

THIS.

The Johnson’s and Farage’s of this world will never talk about this even though they knew it all along. 

• Like 2

So many people happily walking around with knifes and machetes it’s crazy. 10 years in prison if you get caught or caught on camera happily strolling around with a knife and they won’t be so smug then 

The whole scenario is a powder keg. Right wing nutters who lack education and comprehension. Easily susceptible to lies, rumours and their pin-up idols encouraging them whilst those idols take their money and direct it all from another country or a nice big comfy house.

It's a shame that they couldn't even wait until the vigil had been done before they caused the carnage they so craved. I dare say many of those people there yesterday, and some on here based on the attitudes we've been exposed to, are more gleeful than angry about the events on Monday. Gives them the chance to spout their nonsense, go out and riot, snort the white stuff, be racist and have a scrap all whilst having a "reason".

4 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

As an individual, you just don't know what to place your trust in regarding the news and facts that you hear. 

Honestly I found it quite easy to know that the rumours yesterday were total nonsense. Quite simply, that information would never have come out as quickly as it did. Maybe a name, maybe a race, but not name, race, on a watch list etc etc. 

I appreciate that everyone makes mistakes and the odd source will not be genuine, however currently it feels that there is a disinformation war ongoing and the results are played out on X and the streets. 

I couldn't tell you if this person accused is 17 from Wales, Lancashire or abroad. 

I can't tell you that I know where the people who rioted were from yesterday, but they all sounded local from what I have heard on videos knowing of the North Wests accents. 

People were arriving on busses with crates of cider, drapped in English flags. There was a large number of people there with the sole aim of causing trouble. It was meant to be a vigil not a lads day out. 

I don't know if the reports of another man carrying a knife close to this initial memorial, that there are images of, are real, or not or even related to this issue. I don't know if this is what ignited yesterday's gathering into a riot? 

One man carrying a knife, even if it's true doesn't mean you suddenly go and smash up a mosque. If a proclaimed christian got knicked for something, would everything think it's fine to go and smash up a church. 

I think people should be able to express how they feel, I also feel that that justice should be just and equal irrespective of the individual. 

Politics and the beaurocrats are making the police take the hits for their agenda. 

How has it not been equal?

• Like 3