Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

11 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

We've needed some way of getting serious weapons off the streets for a long time. I work in this sector and on the daily I can tell you the knives kids are carrying now aren't from the kitchen or made by the Swiss army. They are machetes/zombie knives, swords and weapons purely designed to do one thing - kill. 

Possession of a knife already carries a potential prison sentence, yet it seems to be epidemic amongst some groups.

I can't see that education will solve the problem either. Surely most (all?) already know the risks.

Heavier prison sentences perhaps? Is the threat of jail even a deterrent these days?

I hope someone, somewhere has a solution.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

What does that even mean?

That any concerns voiced by how we maintain cohesive integrated communities are sometimes muted in case bracketed as bigoted or  worse still seen as a supporter of the morons out fighting the police etc

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

We've needed some way of getting serious weapons off the streets for a long time. I work in this sector and on the daily I can tell you the knives kids are carrying now aren't from the kitchen or made by the Swiss army. They are machetes/zombie knives, swords and weapons purely designed to do one thing - kill. 

I do despair. I have heard some pundits propose stop and search but others say this causes a bad relationship between police and youngsters in inner cities. What do you think?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

wondering if any rioting coming out from this knife attack are really people exploiting that because they are upset at having a labour government, some people are just looking for an excuse to riot… and this is there excuse?

there’s also people who for whatever reason will infiltrate a peaceful protest for their own means. We see this on all sides  of the political spectrum.

and really…how empty and void of purpose must your life be to be chanting Tommy Robinson’s name? Like he is somehow a bastion of democracy…

I don’t think having a (this) Labour government will be much different to having a Conservative government for them.

My concern is more that they feel enboldened by the talk of there being a crisis of available prison places so there’s less deterrent.

4 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I do despair. I have heard some pundits propose stop and search but others say this causes a bad relationship between police and youngsters in inner cities. What do you think?

I wish I had the answer. We've tried amnesty, longer sentences, stop and search (which does disproportionately affect certain sections of society on occasion and does lead to bad feeling), education. What else is there left to try? 

Certainly we need to make it difficult to obtain weapons. Kids are buying Zombie knives on the Internet and it seems to me the checks just aren't adequate. Similarly you and I can go online right now and buy a crossbow with lethal power way above that of the legal limit on Air rifles. We can buy a weapon capable of immediate death by firing a projectile from range. We can't buy guns, but we can buy something that does exactly the same job. 

Trouble is, even with stringent checks, shutting down or even making it illegal to sell knives on line, its not going to stop anybody from walking into tesco and buying a kitchen knife. 

The problems are many and the solutions are few. 

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I wish I had the answer. We've tried amnesty, longer sentences, stop and search (which does disproportionately affect certain sections of society on occasion and does lead to bad feeling), education. What else is there left to try? 

Certainly we need to make it difficult to obtain weapons. Kids are buying Zombie knives on the Internet and it seems to me the checks just aren't adequate. Similarly you and I can go online right now and buy a crossbow with lethal power way above that of the legal limit on Air rifles. We can buy a weapon capable of immediate death by firing a projectile from range. We can't buy guns, but we can buy something that does exactly the same job. 

Trouble is, even with stringent checks, shutting down or even making it illegal to sell knives on line, its not going to stop anybody from walking into tesco and buying a kitchen knife. 

I remember this initiative some years ago. If this became the norm and replaced conventional kitchen knives (unlikely in the near future, admittedly) it would be a small but step in the right direction.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Thanks for reply. I suppose for stop and search to work the police and government have to carry the public but clearly if proved that certain sections of society are more likely than don't beat around the bush. Not even sure why there are such things as zombie knives but I am a bit naive.

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Trump being racist and burning the black vote at the National Association of Black Journalists Convention is the laugh I needed today.

What an absolute  bell end and vile man he is. The state of American't  politics is staggering. Not to say uk, Canada and others don't have issues but wow. This is the best they can put forth...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

I don’t think having a (this) Labour government will be much different to having a Conservative government for them.

My concern is more that they feel enboldened by the talk of there being a crisis of available prison places so there’s less deterrent.

They can’t relate to any ideology that labour bring to the table. This is probably what has kept a lid on things… I mean, we’ve had stabbings  terrorist attacks  during the Tory reign.. where was their anger then?

2 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

I think stop and search is a good way to go. I for one wouldn’t at all be annoyed if I was subject to a random stop and search by the police 1) I’ve got nothing to hide and 2) it would be good to see that there is a clamp down on the issue of knife/weapon crime that we seem to have  a serious problem with.

I noticed you did say youngsters in your post, I am 30 so not sure I’m classed as a youngster anymore ? 😂

• Like 2

In regards to knife crime, what has changed so much in society that people feel the need to resort to knife crime ? Why do these people who commit the crimes see a human life as such an easy thing to take ? In my opinion i feel the easy access to the internet exposes the younger generation to content and influences that were never really accessible 15+years ago. You see stories of kids as young as 12 involved in stabbing offences. When I was twelve all i cared about was climbing trees, having a kick about and the occasional game of knock a door run !

Edited by Kisnorbo fox

2 minutes ago, Kisnorbo fox said:

In regards to knife crime, what has changed so much in society that people feel the need to resort to knife crime ? Why do these people who commit the crimes see a human life as such an easy thing to take ? In my opinion i feel the easy access to the internet exposes the younger generation to content and influences that were never really accessible 15+years ago. You see stories of kids as young as 12 involved in stabbing offences. When I was twelve all i cared about was climbing trees, having a kick about and the occasional game of knock a door run !

Might be that one of the country’s biggest media exports right now in grime music refers to stabbing someone in every song. 

Gang membership and culture, glorifying the lifestyle, all the way to a country in extended austerity and little visible prospects for the youth of today.

Perfect storm imo.

• Thanks 1

Social media needs to be monitored, moderated or fecking banned.

Clearly, I dislike it but all it seems to do is give voice to extreme nutters or dumbass people.

Of course many ruin it for the masses however I am sure enemy states love to see it divide us all. 

Perhaps we need to shut this place down too? Lol

3 hours ago, KFS said:

Might be that one of the country’s biggest media exports right now in grime music refers to stabbing someone in every song

Gang membership and culture, glorifying the lifestyle, all the way to a country in extended austerity and little visible prospects for the youth of today.

Perfect storm imo.

A lot of grime is absolute poison.  Filled with hate and far more influential than any political party.  I don't see how you get rid of it.

17 minutes ago, nnfox said:

A lot of grime is absolute poison.  Filled with hate and far more influential than any political party.  I don't see how you get rid of it.

Probably by removing the gang crime poverty environment which it comes from.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Punches and a knee to the head…

Again the public will need context and no doubt there’s more footage available showing a fuller incident but will this get a similar reaction to Manchester Airport?

Will it B*ll*cks. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Again the public will need context and no doubt there’s more footage available showing a fuller incident but will this get a similar reaction to Manchester Airport?

Will it B*ll*cks. 

That looks like spotters have singled him out as needing to be removed. He either has form or he’s done something earlier. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That looks like spotters have singled him out as needing to be removed. He either has form or he’s done something earlier. 

Yep, arrest team have moved in. 

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Probably by removing the gang crime poverty environment which it comes from.  

Well yeah, I mean, we could do that, but why not start with something simpler like turning the internet off?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Will it B*ll*cks. 

Not even the same treatment but go ahead and compare. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1