Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

17 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

That's what the USA have on their visa application form lol

Most countries do, so if they later find you lied (which obviously you would if you were indeed affiliated) then they can kick you out easily for lying on your visa form which means you were illegal.

42 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Most countries do, so if they later find you lied (which obviously you would if you were indeed affiliated) then they can kick you out easily for lying on your visa form which means you were illegal.

As opposed to, say, easily kicking someone out for actual spying?

13 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Anodyne thing to say, I know, but imagine the uproar if a Labour Prime Minister did this.

none of it will make the mainstream press either as the King's Cancer diagnosis will push this into the weeds. 

It's such a despicable thing to do. it's almost like the bullingdon club mandate of burning £50 notes in front of homeless people.

They are all cut from the same cloth. 

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68220627

"A door that blew away from a Boeing 737 Max shortly after take-off may not have been properly secured, a new report says. The US National Transportation Safety Board has released initial findings from its probe into the incident on an Alaska Airlines plane in January. It says four key bolts that were meant to lock the unused door to the fuselage appeared to be missing."

Rather impressive that the speculation was that they'd mis-torqued the bolts or that that locking pin had some how come loose.  Oh no, they simply forgot the bolts. Oh dear...

Just goes to prove you can design the most wonderful thing, but when it's assembled and inspected by monkeys all the risk mitigation often counts for F.A.

2 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68220627

"A door that blew away from a Boeing 737 Max shortly after take-off may not have been properly secured, a new report says. The US National Transportation Safety Board has released initial findings from its probe into the incident on an Alaska Airlines plane in January. It says four key bolts that were meant to lock the unused door to the fuselage appeared to be missing."

Rather impressive that the speculation was that they'd mis-torqued the bolts or that that locking pin had some how come loose.  Oh no, they simply forgot the bolts. Oh dear...

Just goes to prove you can design the most wonderful thing, but when it's assembled and inspected by monkeys all the risk mitigation often counts for F.A.

Boeing catching a lot of flack for this. Same plane with issues before wasn’t it?

they have an order from Emirates for £56bn that might get cancelled!

It’s just been on the news that Egypt have said that they will suspend its peace treaty with Israel if even one Gaza resident is evacuated to Egypt. 

I didn’t realize they were that hostile towards them..

4 hours ago, MPH said:

It’s just been on the news that Egypt have said that they will suspend its peace treaty with Israel if even one Gaza resident is evacuated to Egypt. 

I didn’t realize they were that hostile towards them..

I havent read it but they’ve taken many injured patients into Egypt for treatment 

I assume they’re saying that they won’t accept any resettled Gazan residents in Egypt.  Whilst some will view that as cruel, from a Palestinian standpoint, once they’ve been moved out of Gaza they won’t know if they would be allowed to return.  There’s history here. 

so it could be seen more as anti netenyahu govt and drawing a line in the sand 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

She offered to perform her medley of hit after the conference but they turned her down.

"Everyone starts as a leftie then marries a billionaire property developer and suddenly becomes right wing..." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

She offered to perform her medley of hit after the conference but they turned her down.

I think you misheard Lee Neanderthal shouting at her to get her hits out. 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I havent read it but they’ve taken many injured patients into Egypt for treatment 

I assume they’re saying that they won’t accept any resettled Gazan residents in Egypt.  Whilst some will view that as cruel, from a Palestinian standpoint, once they’ve been moved out of Gaza they won’t know if they would be allowed to return.  There’s history here. 

so it could be seen more as anti netenyahu govt and drawing a line in the sand 

they were saying similar things back in October, to be fair. Nothing to do with Netanyahu , they just don’t want a refugee crisis in their land and don’t want the potential of terrorists causing them problems..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

they were saying similar things back in October, to be fair. Nothing to do with Netanyahu , they just don’t want a refugee crisis in their land and don’t want the potential of terrorists causing them problems..

There are various angles on this and the two you mention are also relevant. 

but Egypt can justify based on the ones I posted about because it will play better in their public opinion 

I see the much mooted new ceasefire/pause has had a response from Hamas.  Unlikely to be accepted by Israel