Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There are various angles on this and the two you mention are also relevant. 

but Egypt can justify based on the ones I posted about because it will play better in their public opinion 

I see the much mooted new ceasefire/pause has had a response from Hamas.  Unlikely to be accepted by Israel 

but it’s a start at least and it’s encouraging that there is at least dialogue. Israel will probably respond  with some changes and then Hamas will do the same.  Hopefully some kind of agreement next week :fc:

Edited by MPH

I will just add though that as thoroughly evil as I see Netanyahu is, he is under extreme pressure from the far right part of his coalition to NOT make any concessions to Hamas as they have threatened to leave the coalition and force an election should he do so..

13 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

She offered to perform her medley of hit after the conference but they turned her down.

I always did prefer Steph Scully to Flic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Absolutely vile performance; laughing as he invoked his gender culture war in front of Brianna Ghey’s mother, refusing twice to apologise. An absolute cvnt. 

Really grim

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

I always did prefer Steph Scully to Flic.

Perhaps someone should tell Flick to give her head a wobble, but if she did she'd just end up looking more like their Mum Lynne. She was like a nodding dog taped to the dashboard of a land rover with broken suspension.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, MPH said:

Boeing catching a lot of flack for this. Same plane with issues before wasn’t it?

they have an order from Emirates for £56bn that might get cancelled!

Unlikely, Emirates have a long standing row with Rolls over their engine performance in the middle east conditions, so they won't order a chunky amount of A350s which is clearly the front runner for widebody aircraft. 

Boeing are falling behind in market share every month vs Airbus, mainly due to their own issues but also Airbus' ability to deliver quality aircraft with the A350 being their widebody jewl. It's more like 65/35 market share favour for Airbus now. ''If it ain't Boeing we're not going'' are gradually falling behind... 

8 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Unlikely, Emirates have a long standing row with Rolls over their engine performance in the middle east conditions, so they won't order a chunky amount of A350s which is clearly the front runner for widebody aircraft. 

Boeing are falling behind in market share every month vs Airbus, mainly due to their own issues but also Airbus' ability to deliver quality aircraft with the A350 being their widebody jewl. It's more like 65/35 market share favour for Airbus now. ''If it ain't Boeing we're not going'' are gradually falling behind... 

my apologies, it’s 52bn dollars not pounds 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/11/13/emirates-announces-52-billion-order-for-95-boeing-aircraft-.html

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

They hate Airbus, especially after all the A380s they are lumbered with. 

feel like Boeing are going to have to start putting some Sale  tags on their planes if they don’t get these issues ironed out!

Just now, MPH said:

feel like Boeing are going to have to start putting some Sale  tags on their planes if they don’t get these issues ironed out!

Somewhat, they have a decent order backlog but aren't producing at a rate that Airbus are on either narrow or widebody. There aren't any planes kicking around to be picked up by leasing companies that would be stupid, they are just slowing production to match what they have an orderbook for. 

14 hours ago, Daggers said:

lol

I think you’re confusing espionage with shoplifting. 

No, seriously it’s much much easier to deport someone for lying in their visa application about their affiliations than for being in a sleeper cell waiting to do something.  Obviously.  The questions aren’t there because they expect terrorists to answer them honestly and be refused entry are they?  

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

No, seriously it’s much much easier to deport someone for lying in their visa application about their affiliations than for being in a sleeper cell waiting to do something.  Obviously.  The questions aren’t there because they expect terrorists to answer them honestly and be refused entry are they?  

IMG_4986.gif

5 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Leicester gets a Guardian Long Read!

Interesting stuff, but I dare say some will have much stronger views and direct interest in this than I do:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/feb/08/unrest-leicester-muslim-hindu-revealed-britain-modi-india-2022

Very interesting article, and thank you for posting that. I do suspect that there will still be some concern within Leicester that he hasn't accurately portrayed what brought this simmering feud to its boiling point.

On a different point... I do remember reading that Soulsby blocked several counselors ( 17!) from standing and i didnt know why. i found this quote very interesting too:

.he blocked councillors were from different religious backgrounds, but most of them had voted that same year to abolish the elected mayor post, going against Soulsby in a high-stakes vote.

Good old Soulsby clamoring to stay in 'control'

44 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Hopefully the rapid demise of the whole company, unfortunately it's not very likely more's the pity

Why do we want to put 275,000 people worldwide out of a job, just out of interest, 7,000 of whom are in the UK?

Not sure what I missed to want to put so many people out of work?

34 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Why do we want to put 275,000 people worldwide out of a job, just out of interest, 7,000 of whom are in the UK?

Not sure what I missed to want to put so many people out of work?

Lots of reasons listed on Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversies_of_Nestlé#:~:text=In 2021%2C Nestlé was named,cocoa plantations in Ivory Coast.

A bit more in depth for a few of them in these articles

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/oct/29/the-fight-over-water-how-nestle-dries-up-us-creeks-to-sell-water-in-plastic-bottles

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/01/nestle-under-fire-for-marketing-claims-on-baby-milk-formulas

https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2016/feb/01/nestle-slavery-thailand-fighting-child-labour-lawsuit-ivory-coast

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

So wouldn't a massive overhaul of the company's leadership be a better option than so many people losing their jobs?

The first scandal with the baby milk was in the 70's so I would imagine they have already had many leadership changes since then. 

• Like 1