Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/10/politics/trump-south-carolina-primary-haley/index.html

Only bone spurs draft dodger trump could get away with insulting an active serviceman. His base will love it, make excuses and offer their wives to him because he is god.

Idiot on the right, confused biden on the left.  Cvnt face trudeau over here, bellend sunak over there. Now is the time to seize on your opportunities to be a well paid politician. Requirements? Be able to breathe.

I think i stand a chance to make it!

On 10/02/2024 at 02:44, foxy boxing said:

It's a sad indictment that the so called leader of the free world America can only come up with two extremely old white guys to run the country. One looks really frail and losing his facilities while the other acts like a despot spouting conspiracy theories and glorifies mob rule. Its absolutely pathetic. I genuinely feel sorry for young, intelligent and pragmatic people of America where its not if your talented or capable but whether your rich or corrupt enough to run for the presidency. 

It's also scary that to be successful these days, you have to be controversial. Like you say for a country the size of the US, not to want or find better candidates than Trump and Biden is very worrying. Where are the level headed, intelligent, young candidates with fresh ideas, who wants America to have a stance in the world but also keeps their integrity? I feel whoever wins, it'll be a disaster for everyone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/10/politics/trump-south-carolina-primary-haley/index.html

Only bone spurs draft dodger trump could get away with insulting an active serviceman. His base will love it, make excuses and offer their wives to him because he is god.

Idiot on the right, confused biden on the left.  Cvnt face trudeau over here, bellend sunak over there. Now is the time to seize on your opportunities to be a well paid politician. Requirements? Be able to breathe.

I think i stand a chance to make it!

Vote Jattdogg!

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/10/us/politics/trump-nato-russia.html

WasSpeaking in Conway, S.C., Donald J. Trump said as president he’d told NATO allies that he would urge Russian aggression against countries that owed the military alliance money.

Speaking in Conway, S.C., Donald J. Trump said as president he’d told NATO allies that he would urge Russian aggression against countries that owed the military alliance money.

My theory in all of this is that the Russians have known Biden is mentally gone for a long while, even the average person will have realised this if you've watched him over the last few years - the decline in mental ability has been fast and heading only one way.

The mainstream media are only reporting this now - I think that plays into the Russians hands as if he had to be replaced earlier they'd probably have seen someone much stronger campaigning against Trump. 

So to lure people into a false sense of security they made out Putin to be ill and on his last legs, the western media jumped on this and this took the pressure/focus off Biden (the Russians wanted him running for the next election remember) 

We have it all coming out now that Biden is pretty much f**ked and has pretty much no hope of getting re-elected and there's no time to sort it out for the Democrats. Putin is looking like he has made a remarkable recovery from all the ailments he had at the start of the war!

It seems all the legal stuff Trump is going through will end up in Russias favour too and he'll be the next president. 

Trump has said that he can stop the war in a day. I'd imagine that will mean not forecably telling Russia anything, he'll tell Ukraine that they have to give up some land and give some assurance about not trying to join NATO. If they refuse, America will stop funding the war which will ultimately mean Europe picks up the tab and with the current economic situation in countries like ours, I can't see public support for the war lasting long. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Collymore said:

My theory in all of this is that the Russians have known Biden is mentally gone for a long while, even the average person will have realised this if you've watched him over the last few years - the decline in mental ability has been fast and heading only one way.

The mainstream media are only reporting this now - I think that plays into the Russians hands as if he had to be replaced earlier they'd probably have seen someone much stronger campaigning against Trump. 

So to lure people into a false sense of security they made out Putin to be ill and on his last legs, the western media jumped on this and this took the pressure/focus off Biden (the Russians wanted him running for the next election remember) 

We have it all coming out now that Biden is pretty much f**ked and has pretty much no hope of getting re-elected and there's no time to sort it out for the Democrats. Putin is looking like he has made a remarkable recovery from all the ailments he had at the start of the war!

It seems all the legal stuff Trump is going through will end up in Russias favour too and he'll be the next president. 

Trump has said that he can stop the war in a day. I'd imagine that will mean not forecably telling Russia anything, he'll tell Ukraine that they have to give up some land and give some assurance about not trying to join NATO. If they refuse, America will stop funding the war which will ultimately mean Europe picks up the tab and with the current economic situation in countries like ours, I can't see public support for the war lasting long. 

I can buy the right wing in America waiting for the opportune time to strike Biden and the Democrats - potentially they might have gone a bit early because the Dems do have time to change candidate, although whether they will is another matter. However, there’s no way Russia would pretend Putin was ill just so they could present him as recovered. He was ill. He may still be ill but on better medication for whatever it is. No leader like Putin is going to willingly and deliberately present themselves as weak at any point.

As for Europe potentially picking up the tab or otherwise, I guess that depends on whether you think we’d have any choice. I don’t think anyone (including Putin) knows whether Europe could rely on a Republican government if Russia decided to attack a NATO country.

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

This belongs in the Tin Foil hat thread @Collymore :D

• Haha 1

On 10/02/2024 at 18:04, MPH said:

Trump is right wing and has many christian voters  who are likely to show ‘ solidarity’ with the Israelis. Biden is left wing and has less of a christian base support and more of a liberal support who don’t share the same  enthusiasm for defending the Israeli cause. Trump  would  energize his supporters with the stance he would take in Israel,  Biden is alienating his supporters for the stance he’s taking in Israel.

Thanks for explaining this. 

Not exactly rocket science.

Same will impact Labour in a GE given Starmer's leadership 

12 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

Again, I understand the sides that the poster has described. But do we expect those voters to vote for Trump? I don’t see those who are franchised and unwilling to vote for Biden because of ‘Palestine’ and therefore not Trump, as a big enough number to swing the election. Of course there are other more salient issues that may cause Biden voters to vote for Trump, or even enact voter apathy, but I don’t see it with the Palestine issue. Especially as in recent days Biden has enacted executive orders to prosecute settlers and so on.

48 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

Biden in particular would lose more votes by supporting Palestine. And it’d be even worse because those votes would transfer across to the main opposition, instead of either staying at home or voting for a third party candidate. Labour recognise the same problem too - any votes that would turn away from Labour for their Palestine stance (not nearly as many as you believe) would be single losses. Any on the other side that went to the Tories would be effective double losses.

• Like 1

The Telegraph

Thames search for Abdul Ezedi finds two bodies

...But neither are the one that they are actually looking for. 

Anyone else think that's really weird?

2 minutes ago, Milo said:
The Telegraph

Not really.

Am sure that there's plenty more remains in the river, including of those who've been missing for many many years tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Not really.

Am sure that there's plenty more remains in the river, including of those who've been missing for many many years tbh.

I might swing by on the way to work tomorrow then, with my net.

See what/who I can catch.

I was always crap at those hook a duck things at the fair...this looks way easier :blink:  

7 minutes ago, Milo said:
The Telegraph

very very tragic. :(

1 hour ago, Milo said:
The Telegraph

Pretty common I imagine. I remember reading that when they were searching for remains of the shuttle that burned up over Texas in 2003, they solved two unsolved murders cases.

1 hour ago, Milo said:

I might swing by on the way to work tomorrow then, with my net.

See what/who I can catch.

I was always crap at those hook a duck things at the fair...this looks way easier :blink:  

there’s lots of videos on YouTube with people who have this massive magnet and they swing it into rivers off of bridges. Often  they pull up things like a shopping trolly, or random bit of metal.. but sometimes they pull up cool things too.  Old knifes, coins, jewelry…

44 minutes ago, MPH said:

there’s lots of videos on YouTube with people who have this massive magnet and they swing it into rivers off of bridges. Often  they pull up things like a shopping trolly, or random bit of metal.. but sometimes they pull up cool things too.  Old knifes, coins, jewelry…

I’ve seen this and actually really want to try it. 
People dragging up guns and grenades and all sorts of fun stuff! 

I used to do quite a bit of metal detectoring (yeah, I know), but really enjoyed it. 

Never found anything hugely valuable, but always fun to dig up stuff that may otherwise be forever hidden. 

1 hour ago, Milo said:

I’ve seen this and actually really want to try it. 
People dragging up guns and grenades and all sorts of fun stuff! 

I used to do quite a bit of metal detectoring (yeah, I know), but really enjoyed it. 

Never found anything hugely valuable, but always fun to dig up stuff that may otherwise be forever hidden. 

it’s a big thing here  in the United States where people go to the sites of old civil war battles  with their metal detectors and dig up old civil war coins or bullets  and belt buckles and things like that… I’d love to do that.

• Like 1