Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

16 hours ago, Lionator said:

I would argue politely that this current government do not believe in high spending. The complete lack of spending on our national infrastructure over the past 15 years is one of the reasons why the economy is stagnant. We build nothing. 

The government is spending more, in both real terms of money and in terms of percentage of GDP, than any government since the war (apart from the covid and furlough year).  By all means argue that they are spending it on the wrong things, but they are certainly spending it as if it wasn't their own (which it isn't) and as if they don't care whose children have to pay it back.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/298465/government-spending-uk/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Wow, you missed the point. Why does it have to be a heart problem? And if your teeth are painful, falling out or sensitive, preventing your from eating properly, you're not going to be able to get nourishment to the body to get over whatever illness you may have, including that heart problem.

Ok, then a kidney problem if that makes you feel any better. 

there’s absolutely every way you can get the nourishment in your body if you don’t have teeth. For a start there’s false teeth., and secondly, there’s lots of soft food and protein shakes you can drink until you get those  false teeth.

7 hours ago, Parafox said:

I get the point you're trying to make but that's very tenuous. There's no timeline link for both events. 

Timeline? I’m not saying he could have ordered them to park a jet up and give the bloke a lift. 

The point is that the UK is in terminal decline due to Tory underfunding and squandered revenue, leading to premature and avoidable death, and yet that **** can’t use a train because he sees himself as too important. 

8 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Does anyone know why the BBC has to tell us every single day on their bulletins that the UK Government describe Hamas as a "terrorist organisation"?

Maybe to distinguish it from Hummus, the middle eastern chickpea based dip 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MPH said:

Ok, then a kidney problem if that makes you feel any better. 

there’s absolutely every way you can get the nourishment in your body if you don’t have teeth. For a start there’s false teeth., and secondly, there’s lots of soft food and protein shakes you can drink until you get those  false teeth.

Who do you think fits false teeth? lol

6 hours ago, MPH said:

it can contribute for sure. But brush your teeth regularly you’re good to go. No amount of healthy eating can repair that whole in your heart though 

Who said it would repair it, but eating properly contributes to overall health and recovery from illness.

Edited by Facecloth

42 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

It genuinely isn't about envy. It's about a fair share.   If someone earning £120,000 through PAYE can be taxed at 60%, then how is it fair or equitable that someone with a yearly income at £2.3m can pay roughly 20%?

If you want to be a British citizen, then contribute fairly to society.   Jim Ratcliffe's wealth grows exponentially each year and yet I suspect he still minimises his personal tax liability.  

.  If the general population really realised how the super rich operate, they would soon come to realise that it's not the top 10% of earners (which is a salary over £52k btw) that is making their life more difficult.  

£4bn might not sound much in overall terms, you are right.  But it might feel like a lot if it were focused purely on raising children out of destitution and poverty.  Or if that £4bn annually, was spent on building social housing to get the homeless off the streets.  

It doesn't has to solve ALL our ills, but it can help to prove society overall.

The other option of course is just to make the guy earning £120,000 pay 65% tax and perpetuate the belief that it's HIM that's making the poor feel poor. 

If people were told it's being a millionaire, 1000 times over, it would make more impact.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

The government is spending more, in both real terms of money and in terms of percentage of GDP, than any government since the war (apart from the covid and furlough year).  By all means argue that they are spending it on the wrong things, but they are certainly spending it as if it wasn't their own (which it isn't) and as if they don't care whose children have to pay it back.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/298465/government-spending-uk/

This is mostly due to the state pension I would suspect. 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

This is mostly due to the state pension I would suspect. 

and yet for future retiring generations, the combination of state and private pensions won't be enough to provide a comfortable level of income in retirement. 

The vast majority of people currently working in the UK, aren't saving enough to provide for themselves in retirement.  82% of workers, has less than 15% of total contributions into their private pension.  The Pension Commision themselves say that 15% is the minimum amount people should be putting aside. 

I suspect that most of us look at people in retirement and think they have it relatively good (which is true for many) which lulls us into a false sense of security that we will have it the same....

in most cases, we won't. 

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Maybe to distinguish it from Hummus, the middle eastern chickpea based dip 

This caused Hamza issued last time he went into Istanbul on Narboro Rd- Defo don't get them confused!!!

2 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

1 million seconds is 11 days...... 1 billion seconds is 31.5 years.....  That's the scale of the wealth that some people have. The difference is gargantuan. 

I think it's cos there's just one numeral and it's one. For instance, £999 million looks a lot more than £1 billion to some people.

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Who said it would repair it, but eating properly contributes to overall health and recovery from illness.

Of course it does, but that wasnt the discussion

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Of course it does, but that wasnt the discussion

Well as I made the first comment about dentistry being brought under the NHS and oral health being very much part of overall health, I can tell you that's exactly what the discussion was about lol

2 hours ago, MPH said:

and how often are you going to have to go again after that?

Which is exactly why no part of frontline health should be profit driven. They should be doing what benefits the individuals health, not what will keep them coming back more often.

• Like 1