Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Was the law broken?

No? There’s your answer. 

12,300 children dead. Personally, I find that 12,300 times more repugnant and unacceptable than any legal protest. 

Is there a line to be drawn beyond which intimidation of children is to be seen as immoral?  If, for example, your own children (if you have any) were to be prevented from coming home because of a threatening mob outside the house who disagreed with some aspect of your politics, would that be fair game?  Or is only MP's children who deserve this treatment?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

A) and?

B) You don’t like people behaving within the law therefore you want the right to protest curbed even further by alluding to a fictional yet unexplained event at an undetermined point in the future. This is not the basis for sound policy. 

The Police had to attend and Ellwood was warned by them to take his family away. The protesters have plenty of ways to contact MPs without going to their homes.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

The Police had to attend and Ellwood was warned by them to take his family away. The protesters have plenty of ways to contact MPs without going to their homes.

You are still failing to address that nothing illegal happened and no arrests were made - or the logical fallacy of your argument to ban legal activity. I think I'm done at this point.

Just now, Daggers said:

You are still failing to address that nothing illegal happened and no arrests were made - or the logical fallacy of your argument to ban legal activity. I think I'm done at this point.

Appreciate that nothing illegal happened (according to reports I’ve seen)

Given that we don’t have a standard of politicians that we need (on many levels ), will events like this  assist in bringing better ones in ??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

And you have failed to address fact that Ellwood and his family were advised not to be in their own homes. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Given that we don’t have a standard of politicians that we need (on many levels ), will events like this  assist in bringing better ones in ??

No

Just now, st albans fox said:

Who knows, I certainly don't.

Is it poor form? Sure. It's not anything I would ever see myself as being part of but, being mindful of the Tory attacks on the right to protest that have already stepped way over the mark, I don't see it as justification for the further curtailing on civil liberties.

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Who knows, I certainly don't.

Is it poor form? Sure. It's not anything I would ever see myself as being part of but, being mindful of the Tory attacks on the right to protest that have already stepped way over the mark, I don't see it as justification for the further curtailing on civil liberties.

I think your dislike of the Tories is stopping you from fully condemning the event. I say this as a Labour supporter.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Straw poll on whether it’s acceptable for mp’s to have their homes protested at ????

Normally no. However those MPs who have openly called for a "hostile environment" should be given their wish.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kenny said:

All politicians accept the 'intrusion' of the press, its part of the job. However, the public protests are not, particularly as it effects their families.

I searched for instances of Corbyn suffering the same fate and only Extinction Rebellion appear to have to stooped that low and it was only 3 of them, not a mob.

My point was that if your home is deemed sacred then you can’t separate press intrusions from peaceful protest (which is currently legal). 
Either both or non. 

Edit: The JSO protesters were in support of Corbyn 

Edited by jgtuk

A right to protest is not a right to threaten or intimidate just like a right to free speech is not a right for blatant racism etc, so protest outside parliament or work places but not private residential areas where families live. Just the opinion of the Shep, not looking for an argument. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

I think your dislike of the Tories is stopping you from fully condemning the event. I say this as a Labour supporter.

Which just goes to show how precious little you know about me and who I have in my address book. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Which just goes to show how precious little you know about me and who I have in my address book. 

“Rees-Mogg, J.”

Nickname: “The Moggster”

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I do agree with all of these points, however I can't shake the feeling that people who are very very keen to speak their mind on Israel and its approach in Gaza seem to have sod all to say about the similar horrors carried out around the world.  Some people have a specific reason to be interested of course, but I do wonder whether there isn't some antisemitism behind others, especially when they then come out with antisemitic tropes it does rather reinforce that view.

I think the issue is that whilst I would imagine that most antisemites are also anti Israel, it does not follow that most critics of Israel are antisemitic. Just my personal opinion.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

So to be explicit, if a mob wants to surround your or anyone else's house and prevent your or anyone else's children from coming home from school, there's no problem?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

So to be explicit, if a mob wants to surround your or anyone else's house and prevent your or anyone else's children from coming home from school, there's no problem?

Why stop there with your flight of fancy? Why not ask what I’d do if scientists created cloned dinosaurs and imprinted them with lefty CND brains and gave them loudhailers? What about supervillains shooting eye laser beams at a bus full of learning disabled children on my drive because they had an Israeli flag? No, what about space Islamists shooting death rays at my house while I was hosting a baking party for paraplegic children?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Why stop there with your flight of fancy? Why not ask what I’d do if scientists created cloned dinosaurs and imprinted them with lefty CND brains and gave them loudhailers? What about supervillains shooting eye laser beams at a bus full of learning disabled children on my drive because they had an Israeli flag? No, what about space Islamists shooting death rays at my house while I was hosting a baking party for paraplegic children?

Go on then - answer ! (How do the dinosaurs hold the loudhailers? Im not sure you’ve thought this through ) 

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Go on then - answer ! (How do the dinosaurs hold the loudhailers? Im not sure you’ve thought this through ) 

Me? It’s the scientists that messed up there…but don’t they always, huh?!? They were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If you’re not imagining a T-Rex trying to hold a megaphone up to its mouth and getting very frustrated about it then there’s no helping you.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Me thinks you protest too much