Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Why stop there with your flight of fancy? Why not ask what I’d do if scientists created cloned dinosaurs and imprinted them with lefty CND brains and gave them loudhailers? What about supervillains shooting eye laser beams at a bus full of learning disabled children on my drive because they had an Israeli flag? No, what about space Islamists shooting death rays at my house while I was hosting a baking party for paraplegic children?

It's not a flight of fancy.  You have said that you support a mob surrounding an MP's home and stopping his family from getting home.  I just want to know if that extends to all families in the UK, or just to MPs who you disagree with.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

It's not a flight of fancy. 

It is 

You have said that you support a mob surrounding an MP's home and stopping his family from getting home

Laughably wrong. Your invention. 

Yes, Fenella the Kettle Witch should be allowed to upset everyone in Wheelie World as long as she doesn’t break Wheelie World law. I’m scrambling around to find an analogy simple enough for you to comprehend. 

48 minutes ago, Daggers said:

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Our coke and 10-pin nights are the stuff of legend. 

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

Why not ask what I’d do if scientists created cloned dinosaurs and imprinted them with lefty CND brains and gave them loudhailers? What about supervillains shooting eye laser beams at a bus full of learning disabled children on my drive because they had an Israeli flag? No, what about space Islamists shooting death rays at my house while I was hosting a baking party for paraplegic children?

49 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Yes, Fenella the Kettle Witch should be allowed to upset everyone in Wheelie World as long as she doesn’t break Wheelie World law. 

Stay off the drugs, mate.

• Like 1

Got very mixed views on this… on the one hand, deplorable by Hamas to hide out in a hospital especially when you know Israel won’t stop at anything to destroy you… also intel saying they were keeping hostages in there but on the other hand… it’s a hospital:cry:  surely it’s a basic human right to  be safe and secure whilst you recover from a health crisis?

Nasser hospital in 'catastrophic' condition as Israeli troops raid https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68304979

Edited by MPH

50 minutes ago, MPH said:

Got very mixed views on this… on the one hand, deplorable by Hamas to hide out in a hospital especially when you know Israel won’t stop at anything to destroy you… also intel saying they were keeping hostages in there but on the other hand… it’s a hospital:cry:  surely it’s a basic human right to  be safe and secure whilst you recover from a health crisis?

Nasser hospital in 'catastrophic' condition as Israeli troops raid https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68304979

What happens if they let Hamas hide in hospitals, schools, apartment buildings, shopping centres and anywhere else with innocent people in them?  It would be impossible to achieve their objective of eradicating Hamas from Gaza.  Given Hamas know the IDF will come into the hospital to find them, I think you have to put equal blame on Hamas. for being there.  Sadly neither side in this awful conflict seems to care much about the death toll on innocent civilians.

• Haha 1

I'm with Jon on this. If the intelligence proves that Hamas are hiding among "safe" civilian areas, then fuch both sides for continuing to engage with this stupid cat and mouse game. 

At this point, I feel Hamas leadership (who are no doubt very far away in a safe place) are convincing young men to do deplorable things to sacrifice themselves, in order to goad an incensed Israel into doing equally bad things. No one wins this. 

However, in other news, Tories lost both by-elections. Quite badly. 

• Sad 1

Attention rightly on Conservative disaster, but the Lib Dems need drastic change.

In my opinion there's a real chance for them to ignite some excitement with some ambitious policies but they don't have the leader or policies in place to take advantage of that.

A 2010 Nick Clegg figure would have really made an impact.

A younger, more vibrant leader advocating for PR, major tax reform and a move into the single market would have a chance of really appealing to those close to the centre on both sides who struggle to get excited about their natural party.

Edited by LVFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Attention rightly on Conservative disaster, but the Lib Dems need drastic change.

In my opinion there's a real chance for them to ignite some excitement with some ambitious policies but they don't have the leader or policies in place to take advantage of that.

A 2010 Nick Clegg figure would have really made an impact.

A younger, more vibrant leader advocating for PR, major tax reform and a move into the single market would have a chance of really appealing to those close to the centre on both sides who struggle to get excited about their natural party.

I'm the sort of voter who is firmly in the 'anyone but the Tories' camp going forwards. Realistically that means I'd consider either Labour or the Lib Dems and I'll probably vote for whichever one is more likely to win in my constituency.

That said, the Lib Dems need to do a lot more for me. Ed Davey needs to stop the silly publicity stunts like the 'countdown clock', they're the sort of thing only a lame mid-level manager would find engaging. A mid-level manager full of buzzwords but no actual plans or substance.

I don't actually know what the Lib Dems stand for. Tell us what you'd do about the economy, Ukraine, housebuilding, energy security, the NHS, the cost of living, immigration! The last time I remember hearing any policy from them, it was them becoming a single-issue Second Referendum party, they literally talked about nothing else in public for about 3 years after the Brexit vote.

Even for their questionable flip-flopping on a few key issues, I could at least tell you a few of Labour's vague policy headlines ahead of their manifesto, whether that's taxing private schools to bridge the shortfall in public ones, closing loopholes for non-doms or the Great British Energy plan, which seems to have survived the £28bn u-turn. By comparison, I don't have the faintest clue what the Lib Dems would do with any single area of the basket case the country currently is. And I don't think it's my job to find out - they need to be making the case themselves with a huge election looming.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 4

No surprises in these results, in fact, it would have been a bigger surprise had Labour not won.

We all knew before yesterday that a landslide is on the cards later in the year.

The question that needs answering; is the next lot going to be any better?

16 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

No surprises in these results, in fact, it would have been a bigger surprise had Labour not won.

We all knew before yesterday that a landslide is on the cards later in the year.

Yes after 14 years of utter destruction, that's all we need to know. 

38 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I'm on the opinion that you couldn't get any worse, and the question should be, are the next lot good enough to at least start to sort out the absolute mess so much of our country is in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I'm on the opinion that you couldn't get any worse, and the question should be, are the next lot good enough to at least start to sort out the absolute mess so much of our country is in.

Assuming the bleeding obvious happens at the GE, Labour deserve a bit of goodwill and leeway for the first parliament, or at least the first couple of years. The mess we're in is that dire that there can't be a quick fix. You can't just wave a magic wand and fix the NHS, the railways, utilities, social care, knife crime overnight. Be amazing if they did, but let's be real, it's going to take years of hard work to even implement plans that will start to fix those things. Anything that requires trained staff like nurses, dentists, teachers or police officers, we're probably not going to see tangible improvements until the first 5 year term is up, and that's assuming a program for training is up and running pretty damn early.

What I hope doesn't happen is that we're sat here in 2038 with them still in power, blaming 'the last Tory Government ' after more than a decade in which they promised improvement but made everything objectively worse.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Sadly it'll probably be more of the same & for the next 4yrs the line "well the Tories left the country in such a state........" will continue to be trotted out.

I can listen to it for so long but at some point who ever gets in needs to own it, if they try & fail at least they tried if they just sit behind the cluster of the past 14yrs then what's the point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LVFox said:

However, let's not forget the parlous state we were in back in 2010.

17 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

However, let's not forget the parlous state we were in back in 2010.

to use two quotes fromNye Bevin.... 

“How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political power to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics in the twentieth century.”

They have besmirched the name of Britain. They have made us ashamed of the things of which formerly we were proud. They have offended against every principle of decency and there is only one way in which they can even begin to restore their tarnished reputation and that is to get out! Get out! Get out!

• Thanks 1