Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

Took back control since then though so nerrrr.

Yeh, but they now have fewer statues of racists and the woke have taken over all the slave trader stately homes. Win some you lose some. 

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Oh yes, it was terrible 14 years ago. And that global banking crash caused by subprime mortgage packages was all Labour’s fault and no mistake. No one wants to go back to that. No one wants to go back to square one…

…where you could be seen in A&E in under 24hrs, where waiting lists were short, where the NHS ranked among the best of global healthcare, where teachers weren’t taking food and pens into class, where people could get mortgages, where rents didn’t take all a person’s income, where supermarkets were stocked with affordable food, where we were able to trade with our neighbours freely, where we had the ability to move and live without border checks, where the roads had tarmac instead of potholes, where police numbers were higher, when the rivers and seas weren’t full of shit, when everyone could afford to put the heating on, where no one was bypassing process to get a government contract to syphon millions from the country, where homelessness had all but been eradicated, where flag shagging cockwands knew to stfu about their bigotry, where the worst thing the PM had done was to call a bigoted woman a bigot, where we didn’t have a manufactured small boats crisis, where everyone was demonstrably better off…

Yep. Nobody wants that. It was terrible.  

I think the danger of that (and I say this is a labour supporter) - Is that you can't blame the 2008 crisis on a Global issue, and say Labour weren't to blame, then ignore the fact that Covid was an unprecedented global event that the conservative's had to navigate (terribly by the way, i'm not defending them) 

The big issue for the UK, is that we bet the house on Financial Services driving our economy and it has left it hugely unbalanced.  We haven't innovated or got on board with what the future will need. 

We have to build an economy that is more balanced, that makes things, that innovates and that gets on board with whereever the future of global industry is likely to lead. 

The sad thing for our country is that we never take a long term view. it's all about political point scoring based on a 5 year cycle to try to retain power. 

Where is our long term planning?  for infrastructure, housing, health, industry? It doesn't exist. 

We need some form of legislature that has oversight for long term planning around critical things that a society needs to be healthy. 

16 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Oh yes, it was terrible 14 years ago. And that global banking crash caused by subprime mortgage packages was all Labour’s fault and no mistake. No one wants to go back to that. No one wants to go back to square one…

…where you could be seen in A&E in under 24hrs, where waiting lists were short, where the NHS ranked among the best of global healthcare, where teachers weren’t taking food and pens into class, where people could get mortgages, where rents didn’t take all a person’s income, where supermarkets were stocked with affordable food, where we were able to trade with our neighbours freely, where we had the ability to move and live without border checks, where the roads had tarmac instead of potholes, where police numbers were higher, when the rivers and seas weren’t full of shit, when everyone could afford to put the heating on, where no one was bypassing process to get a government contract to syphon millions from the country, where homelessness had all but been eradicated, where flag shagging cockwands knew to stfu about their bigotry, where the worst thing the PM had done was to call a bigoted woman a bigot, where we didn’t have a manufactured small boats crisis, where everyone was demonstrably better off…

Yep. Nobody wants that. It was terrible.  

I want to like this twice...

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Navalny's dead

Where’s that moron advocating for us all to listen to Putin eh? A young fit man has his plane landed for no clear reason, is illegally detained, sentenced in a kangaroo court and dies in prison. What a bastion of liberty Russia is.

1 minute ago, foxy boxing said:

Poisoning!. If Putin has had him killed it will make him a martyr. 

They probably just starved him to death. He wrote about how they do this on twitter last year:

He was very brave man to stand up to those murderous thugs and he paid the ultimate price. RIP.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Lionator said:

With Navalny dead, Putin blowing up nuclear weapons in space and Trump coming in, I think it’s time to take a risk and try and get Moscow, we can’t go on like this. 

Probably time to build a nuclear in your back garden as well.

31 minutes ago, Lionator said:

With Navalny dead, Putin blowing up nuclear weapons in space and Trump coming in, I think it’s time to take a risk and try and get Moscow, we can’t go on like this. 

He hasn’t actually detonated nukes in space has he? Are you seriously suggesting the West marches on Moscow? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

He hasn’t actually detonated nukes in space has he? Are you seriously suggesting the West marches on Moscow? 

Isn’t there intelligence that he’s planning to use them to blow up American satellites? 

Either way it’s ending up in war, so do we wait until Russia is replenished or strike them while they’re at there weakest caught up in another war? 

Just now, Lionator said:

Isn’t there intelligence that he’s planning to use them to blow up American satellites? 

Either way it’s ending up in war, so do we wait until Russia is replenished or strike them while they’re at there weakest caught up in another war? 

I'm sure the west is just as likely to attack *insert country here* as Putin.

I think it's willy measuring at this point...

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think it was about capability, rather than actual plans to do so, but I could be wrong as I’ve not been too close to it.

If you go back to the early days of the Ukraine thread there were calls for direct conflict with Russia which wouldn’t have ended well for anyone. Whether it’s in a good place or not at the moment, the world and civilisation still exists in 2024. That probably wouldn’t have been the case if we had engaged with Russia directly early on in the invasion. That probably won’t be the case if we march on Moscow.

Anyway, I try not to get into politics. Way above my station. Back under my rock I go…

Edited by Trumpet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Greg2607 said:

I think the danger of that (and I say this is a labour supporter) - Is that you can't blame the 2008 crisis on a Global issue, and say Labour weren't to blame, then ignore the fact that Covid was an unprecedented global event that the conservative's had to navigate (terribly by the way, i'm not defending them) 

I don’t. And apart from the contract process being completely bent, I’ve always said that I think Johnson did more or less as good a job as almost every country, and the support for self employed was excellent. 

But that doesn’t excuse the vile things they did before or since or the overwhelming incompetence of five of the shittest PMs ever. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

What happens if they let Hamas hide in hospitals, schools, apartment buildings, shopping centres and anywhere else with innocent people in them?  It would be impossible to achieve their objective of eradicating Hamas from Gaza.  Given Hamas know the IDF will come into the hospital to find them, I think you have to put equal blame on Hamas. for being there.  Sadly neither side in this awful conflict seems to care much about the death toll on innocent civilians.

I agree. Hamas has to take some blame for sure.

However, the only way for me that the IDF can take the moral high ground on this is to lay seige to the hospital rather than go in all guns blazing. and try and flush them out that way., cut off the tunnel network, ect..

I already thought - Shame on Tucker Carlson for allowing Putin a platform to spread his muck.

This ought to make Carlson reflect with regret on his choices, but it won't.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

I don't think there is any scenario that would indicate it would be wise to invade Moscow. If Putin feels like his life is threatened externally, he'll no doubt press a shiny red button.

Could we be doing more to Help UkraIne? Absolutely.

Will their new weapons system  that can destroy satellites have an 'unexplained' catastrophic failure that  causes it to blow up? I'm sure of it.

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

No surprises in these results, in fact, it would have been a bigger surprise had Labour not won.

We all knew before yesterday that a landslide is on the cards later in the year.

The question that needs answering; is the next lot going to be any better?

They would have to be a shower of incompetent, nepotist shits not to be.

Wonder if any more letters have found there way to Sir Graham today?  Can't work if they think they're f**ked whatever happens, or so arrogant that the idea of being rejected by the electorate just don't enter their brains.

2 hours ago, MPH said:

I don't think there is any scenario that would indicate it would be wise to invade Moscow

If history teaches us anything, it teaches us that it's never wise to invade Moscow. Well, invade Russia really. How long is it since any invader reached Moscow?

5 hours ago, David Hankey said:

The question that needs answering; is the next lot going to be any better?

That's not the question that needs answering. The answer to that question is obviously yes.

The question that needs answering is 'will they be better enough to make enough of a difference to anything?'

And only time will tell.

• Like 2