Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Terrible. So many questions though. 

Who lets a 2 year old close to open water. 

Agreed but I can't imagine anyone intentionally would, and I have absolutely no experience of interaction with or looking after children. But, only a day or so ago I was out shopping, a small child came tearing past, followed soon after by a frantic parent. So, I can only imagine it's not unusual for a toddler to run off and disappear in the blink of an eye. And, unfortunately that's probably all the time it takes. 

13 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Agreed but I can't imagine anyone intentionally would, and I have absolutely no experience of interaction with or looking after children. But, only a day or so ago I was out shopping, a small child came tearing past, followed soon after by a frantic parent. So, I can only imagine it's not unusual for a toddler to run off and disappear in the blink of an eye. And, unfortunately that's probably all the time it takes. 

Awful. I don't want to comment on this case. All I would say is keep your young kids close and be extra alert to hazards.

13 hours ago, Sly said:

Terrible. So many questions though. 

Who lets a 2 year old close to open water. 

I don’t think the body has been found yet, as I still can hear the helicopter, living so close it’s stomach wrenching, I don’t know how true but there are reports that the dad was holding him over the bridge to look, and slipped, he jumped straight in after, so so sad 

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Absolutely heart braking and every parent of young children's absolute worst nightmare, I can't imagine what the parents are going through.

The helicopter has just started to circle right near my house. 

Seems it’s covering a large stretch of the river, right from the Packhorse Bridge, down to St Andrews, maybe even a bit further down than that.

Devastating news. 

1 hour ago, Joe90lcfc said:

I don’t think the body has been found yet, as I still can hear the helicopter, living so close it’s stomach wrenching, I don’t know how true but there are reports that the dad was holding him over the bridge to look, and slipped, he jumped straight in after, so so sad 

Been away since yesterday so just catching up on this. Absolutely harrowing.

1 hour ago, Joe90lcfc said:

This is what I heard too. Heard the helicopter yesterday as I was out in my garden at 5pm and thought something serious must be happening after I could still hear it when I went in 30 mins later.

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Absolutely heart braking and every parent of young children's absolute worst nightmare, I can't imagine what the parents are going through.

Poor boy - this is utterly gut-wrenching. 

Yes, water is terrifying if you're a parent of young children. Yesterday we made an impromptu decision to walk along a canal towpath in Oxford with our six-year-old and 17-month-old. It was a lovely walk but I didn't enjoy a single minute of it as I was so scared of the older boy falling in despite my close attention or my other half somehow losing grip of the buggy (which she'd never do). When we left the path and resumed walking by road I felt an overwhelming sense of relief that we were all still alive...

My earliest memory is jumping into the river Wharfe at Bolton Abbey as a 2 year old. Within 5 seconds my dad had jumped in and hooked me out but he still says it's the most scared he's ever been.

I was there on Saturday as its my bird monitoring patch. I was in waders and needed to be frequently. We had another 20mm of rain Saturday night into Sunday so I can only imagine it was even worse Sunday. Not an ideal place to be taking young children at this time of year but I think many are blind to the dangers. 

Edited by SecretPro

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yesterday we made an impromptu decision to walk along a canal towpath in Oxford with our six-year-old and 17-month-old. It was a lovely walk but I didn't enjoy a single minute of it as I was so scared of the older boy falling in despite my close attention or my other half somehow losing grip of the buggy (which she'd never do). When we left the path and resumed walking by road I felt an overwhelming sense of relief that we were all still alive...

For future reference, if you don't know, most canals are about three feet deep and of course have no current, so if one of your kids does fall in, don't panic, just hop in and get them out. It'll only be up to your waist. Much better than falling in most rivers. Unless you're at a lock - they're proper dangerous.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raj said:

As a parent of 2 young kids this is every parents nightmare.

They must already fear the worst but it's that small hope that some miracle can still happen.

Cant even imagine what they must be going through.

God help them.

Puts a loss to Middlesbrough  into perspective 🙏

Very upsetting. There are three incidents (all on the same holiday!) where I ballsed up with my son (a car park, a lake and a 4th floor hotel window) and it sickens me now that I got away with it through pure luck. 

The poor poor family 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Very upsetting. There are three incidents (all on the same holiday!) where I ballsed up with my son (a car park, a lake and a 4th floor hotel window) and it sickens me now that I got away with it through pure luck. 

The poor poor family 

As parents we all at some time have looked back and think what could have been.

We lost our daughter and son for a few minutes on separate occasions( kids are kids and you literally need eyes at the back of your head)  and the fear is gut wrenching.

This family will be going through torture and questioning why they even went out.

Its terrible☹

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FLAN said:

Strange this isn’t on national news?  Or have I missed it 

Although it’s not being framed that way. 

I’m Guessing it’s due to it being a recovery, rather than a massing persons case.

• Thanks 1