Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

8 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

If only she'd ever been in a position of power that held sway over domestic policing and immigration.

You know what the scariest thing is. She is being as controversial as she is because she believes she has an audience for the purposes of future leadership. I mean, I've always known (and I'm sure they do) that the Tories, just like Labour have some quite questionable opinions within their ranks. These opinion are a minority that rears its ugly head once in a while. Never enough to justify an entire leadership campaign around it. How many more think as perverse as her and why does she think that. 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

No. Don't do that. Don't do that at all. 

Don't dismiss these people as insane. This isn't crazy, it's not even stupid, it's very clever and that is the problem. 

These people are very successfully cultivating and exploiting a culture war to create division and disharmony in the electorate and it's working. Look at who she's sat next to in that picture, look at who she was addressing and where she was. 

This shit is dangerous and hand waving it or laughing it off as crazy Liz Truss is how we ended up with Boris ****ing Johnson and Donald ****ing Trump in the world. 

IMG_5275.jpeg

12 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

2024 in america and this is what they are  concermed about. 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/22/us/darryl-george-crown-act-trial-texas-reaj/index.html

9 hours ago, casablancas said:

It’s 2024 America that concerns me. 

The irony in attending Barber's Hill Independent School District. 

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I see Muslim Extremism is the latest racist dog whistle by Cruella, Jenrick and 50p Lee

"Islamists are running Britain", says the bunch who have been running the show for 14 years.

24 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Has anyone been to Kirkby in Ashfield recently. The gall of 30p lee calling London a mess when he oversees there. 

They've been using old  "but the NHS in Wales" as a goto for many, many years now. They will be pointing to all the non-Tory run councils going bust in the last year or so. Without any honesty about who controlled the funding.

Anti-Tory folk need to be informed and organised on social media about this sort of thing to challenge every single lie they make.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

She turned her back on the British way of life and British values to live under a death cult ideology. She thought she could just come back to a place she openly dispised because her life in the death cult didn't work out. She made her choices and she is paying the price. There are others that went to fight for ISIS that are back in this country some have gone to jail. She was only fifteen when she went, could she have been sufficiently rehabilitated if she came back. The punishment of losing her British citizenship and staying in Syria is a far greater punishment than any jail sentence or conviction the courts here would prescribe.

She was 15.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I agree. She really ought to be our problem as she was born and raised here and doesn't have citizenship of any other country. Under British law we're not supposed to render anybody stateless, but that's what we've done with her. We'd be livid if we were prevented from deporting a foreign terrorist from British soil because the country in which they were born and raised refused to take them back.

Yep. Agree totally with both of you. She was a British citizen and born and raised in the UK. It’s washing our hands of a problem of our own culture’s creation.

Saying she should be allowed back in the country isn’t saying she shouldn’t be punished. But stripping someone of their citizenship is banishment and strikes me as incredibly archaic and just strikes me as typical British exceptionalism. 

Let’s just say, I imagine the Venn diagram of crossover of people claiming it’s right she should be stripped of citizenship and those who would be livid if it was the other way round as you said is of high crossover. 

Also, it’s not just under British law we shouldn’t render someone stateless - it’s under international law and part of the Geneva convention.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's about the birth rate. 

It's all about the birth rate. 

They went after abortion, they're going after contraceptives next, they've targeted the LGBT community for years and it's trans people up now. Nearly all of those things are a perceived threat to the birth rate, which is tumbling. 

Work force is ageing, it's a significant mid to long term threat to most major, western, capitalist societies. 

Agree completely and said it many times on here that Population Ageing is the 2nd most important issue of our time and will continue to be the 2nd most important and impactful issue over the next 50 years only behind climate change. And so much conservative policy is secretly about trying to increase birth rates or trying to deflect away the issues of population ageing onto immigration or young people not working hard enough, because they can’t go after the pensions system as it’s their main voter base.

Yet it seems to get virtually no coverage despite the fact many of the economic issues, problems with the nhs, the need for high levels of immigration and generational divides in our modern time all are direct results of population ageing and the fact the proportion of older people who take up the vast majority of state support is getting greater and greater compared to those of tax paying age. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You know what the scariest thing is. She is being as controversial as she is because she believes she has an audience for the purposes of future leadership. I mean, I've always known (and I'm sure they do) that the Tories, just like Labour have some quite questionable opinions within their ranks. These opinion are a minority that rears its ugly head once in a while. Never enough to justify an entire leadership campaign around it. How many more think as perverse as her and why does she think that. 

Look up 'Tufton Street' and 'dirty money' and you might get a nasty shock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Look up 'Tufton Street' and 'dirty money' and you might get a nasty shock.

I don’t know much about but recalled the Good Law Project recently started a campaign on this. Was reading in passing but might pay a bit more attention to it.

40 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t know much about but recalled the Good Law Project recently started a campaign on this. Was reading in passing but might pay a bit more attention to it.

That's who owns her, in essence.