Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, the man is 75 years old. 

Regardless of a cancer diagnosis they obviously will be planning for his succession. He was never going to have a long reign. 

Yep - without some context it’s meaningless

i mean he’s the king - he could be in a plane crash tomorrow- there has ti be a succession plan from the moment the queen died 

if they mean he’s getting involved with personal tweaks and detailed plans about his funeral then I guess that could be notable but given that it would be a state affair, you’d want to get all the personal nuances dealt with well ahead of time anyway. 

susepct it’s a non story 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Funny how quiet other, normally vocal, posters have been about this news.

It's only been 2 hours since the post and many have been out and about. Give it time. I'm sure there'll be plenty. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Yep - without some context it’s meaningless

i mean he’s the king - he could be in a plane crash tomorrow- there has ti be a succession plan from the moment the queen died 

if they mean he’s getting involved with personal tweaks and detailed plans about his funeral then I guess that could be notable but given that it would be a state affair, you’d want to get all the personal nuances dealt with well ahead of time anyway. 

susepct it’s a non story 

There'd have been a succession plan before this. 

7 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Quite different cases imo, and I think the fact that Islamist terrorism has been a lot more prominent in recent years is a factor in the responses.

Piffle.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Another normal day on normal island. 

IMG_5295.jpeg

Personally I think it’s clever. You can’t have junior doctor strikes if you don’t have any junior doctors.

Problem solved.

Edited by Dunge
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’ve always been a floating voter. Never felt the need to affiliate with one party and far better to understand manifestos/the quality of the local candidate. 

HOWEVER, if there ever was a party that needed a complete purge, it’s the ****ing tories. What a horrendous bunch of imbeciles. There remains some, not many but some, good people in the tories. It’s important for them they get rid of the bigots who have hijacked their party. 

Boris purged the moderates leaving a majority that can best be described as "a bit UKIPy"

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’ve always been a floating voter. Never felt the need to affiliate with one party and far better to understand manifestos/the quality of the local candidate. 

HOWEVER, if there ever was a party that needed a complete purge, it’s the ****ing tories. What a horrendous bunch of imbeciles. There remains some, not many but some, good people in the tories. It’s important for them they get rid of the bigots who have hijacked their party. 

There is a basic problem with politicians 

to be a politician, you need to be an effective  public speaker and have the confidence of appearing in front of groups (big and small) 

that means a large number of decent good intelligent people are unable to become involved in making decisions on how the country is run.  We limit the base of who we have to choose from.  This is true all across the globe.

did we had better politicians when things were on the radio rather than tv.   (Especially live tv) 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Boris purged the moderates leaving a majority that can best be described as "a bit UKIPy"

That moment has come and gone. 

They can best be described as “a bit BNPy” these days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

to be a politician, you need to be an effective  public speaker and have the confidence of appearing in front of groups (big and small) 

that means a large number of decent good intelligent people are unable to become involved in making decisions on how the country is run.  We limit the base of who we have to choose from.  This is true all across the globe.

did we had better politicians when things were on the radio rather than tv.   (Especially live tv) 

I doubt the likes of a Clem Attlee would get a look in these days no matter how capable 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If you can’t speak in public and convince people of your ideas then what good are you?

“Decent, good intelligent” people who want to impose their genius on populations without scrutiny are more than slightly troubling. 

6 hours ago, Daggers said:

If you can’t speak in public and convince people of your ideas then what good are you?

“Decent, good intelligent” people who want to impose their genius on populations without scrutiny are more than slightly troubling. 

Like Dominic Cummings, wants to rip up the civil service without doing any of the hard work of a) getting elected and put in a position of power or b) working his way up through the civil service.  Oh and taking zero accountability for anything.  Its not really a positive.  If you cannot by the time you are in your 40s stand up and speak about what you think you can bring to running the country then politics was never for you.