Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

Michigan voters have sent a clear warning to the White House that Joe Biden's support for Israel's war in Gaza could cost him dearly in the presidential election in November. 

Activists encouraged people voting in Tuesday's Democratic primary to withhold their votes from President Biden and instead mark the box marked "uncommitted" as a protest. More than 100,000 voters did just that.

I’ve been warning about this. 

100k doesn’t sound  like a lot but in a full presidential vote it could be a lot higher. When you add in all the other states. It has the potential to affect the swing states significantly..  there’s already misgivings about  Biden himself…  

oh goodness… I have a cousin who said he’d leave the states if Trump wins. He’s probably look up flights as we speak!

30 minutes ago, MPH said:

Michigan voters have sent a clear warning to the White House that Joe Biden's support for Israel's war in Gaza could cost him dearly in the presidential election in November. 

Activists encouraged people voting in Tuesday's Democratic primary to withhold their votes from President Biden and instead mark the box marked "uncommitted" as a protest. More than 100,000 voters did just that.

I’ve been warning about this. 

100k doesn’t sound  like a lot but in a full presidential vote it could be a lot higher. When you add in all the other states. It has the potential to affect the swing states significantly..  there’s already misgivings about  Biden himself…  

oh goodness… I have a cousin who said he’d leave the states if Trump wins. He’s probably look up flights as we speak!

You really think Biden is going to lose protest votes to Donald Trump, the committed anti Arab, Islamaphobe who famously, controversially stirred up shit in Israel?

A protest vote in the primaries is a lot different to a protest vote when it matters. 

Trump has already promised a purge on "Islamists" if he wins. Not that that's surprising given he's promised purges of basically anyone except his base. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

You really think Biden is going to lose protest votes to Donald Trump, the committed anti Arab, Islamaphobe who famously, controversially stirred up shit in Israel?

A protest vote in the primaries is a lot different to a protest vote when it matters. 

Trump has already promised a purge on "Islamists" if he wins. Not that that's surprising given he's promised purges of basically anyone except his base. 

but trump doesn’t need to win over democratic voters who are disillusioned with Biden. That has nothing to do with trump. It’s Biden who needs to convince them to vote for him.  For every voter  who doesn’t go out and vote  For Biden however, essentially, it IS a vote for Trump.

i think your point of course is that just because there is a protest vote in a primary doesn’t mean they won’t  vote in a presidential election. It is however a warning sign that the Democratics would be foolish to ignore. 

The bottom line is that his continued support for Israel could effect the presidential vote in November.

2 hours ago, MPH said:

but trump doesn’t need to win over democratic voters who are disillusioned with Biden. That has nothing to do with trump. It’s Biden who needs to convince them to vote for him.  For every voter  who doesn’t go out and vote  For Biden however, essentially, it IS a vote for Trump.

i think your point of course is that just because there is a protest vote in a primary doesn’t mean they won’t  vote in a presidential election. It is however a warning sign that the Democratics would be foolish to ignore. 

The bottom line is that his continued support for Israel could effect the presidential vote in November.

They definitely can't be complacent about it but I think a lot of people learned the lesson in the last two elections. Can't afford to not vote and the sort of people that might not want Biden for progressive reasons will DEFINITELY not want Trump to get in at all. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

They definitely can't be complacent about it but I think a lot of people learned the lesson in the last two elections. Can't afford to not vote and the sort of people that might not want Biden for progressive reasons will DEFINITELY not want Trump to get in at all. 

I have little faith in Americans the last 8 years or so. Won't be surprised to see Trump back in the Whitehouse pardoning his minions and dictating. I see McConnell wants nothing to do with Trump and leaving the republican senate leadership. Some trump lover will slot right in. Scary times ahead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I have little faith in Americans the last 8 years or so. Won't be surprised to see Trump back in the Whitehouse pardoning his minions and dictating. I see McConnell wants nothing to do with Trump and leaving the republican senate leadership. Some trump lover will slot right in. Scary times ahead.

that’s exactly what I thought when I heard he was quitting.. “ oh no….”.. another way for Trump to consolidate his grip on the republican party

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

4 hours ago, MPH said:

that’s exactly what I thought when I heard he was quitting.. “ oh no….”.. another way for Trump to consolidate his grip on the republican party

Trumps people were trying v hard to get McConnell to back him. Will it still be necessary if he’s no longer there or is he leaving because he knows he has to endorse trump and he can’t square that circle 

The idea that, if you're a Democrat, it's better to note vote is absolutely insane. It's a 2 party system where you've seen what the opposition can do when the world was relatively prosperous and there was no war in Europe. 

It's absolutely beyond me. The problem with saying they deserve what they get is that it affects everyone else, unless Europe and Africa just stop dealing with the US. Which won't happen. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Trumps people were trying v hard to get McConnell to back him. Will it still be necessary if he’s no longer there or is he leaving because he knows he has to endorse trump and he can’t square that circle 

so interestingly, he’s not quitting altogether in November, he’s only quitting being the leader - he’ll still finish out his term into 2027. If it was the health issues that were the problem you’d assume he’d retire now. I don’t think he can stand trump at all. This makes it easier for him to sit on the back bench. I think he was waiting to see how Hayley was faring and unfortunately it’s not very well.  

• Thanks 1

Lots of deaths - and imminent deaths - illness, and unrest in the ruling elite of Europe recently.

I'm no conspiracist but it does seem weird that we've had : 

King Charles diagnosed with cancer.

Kate Middleton having abdominal surgery.

The Duchess of York diagnosed with skin cancer.

Thomas Kingston dying suddenly.

King of Norway hospitalised.

The Pope hospitalised.

Danish Queen abdicating.

An interesting time for Royal-Gazers for sure.

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Lots of deaths - and imminent deaths - illness, and unrest in the ruling elite of Europe recently.

The Pope hospitalised.

Danish Queen abdicating.

And that Rothschild copping for it.

Doubtless it'll have little to no impact on my life.

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The Pope hospitalised.

Danish Queen abdicating.

And Andy King likely on the verge of retirement.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

IMG_5323.jpeg

Compared to when? Feels like it's increased by more than 34% in London. Small tent city has popped up on Tottenham Court Road which I walk past most days. Very depressing.

George Galloway wins the Rochdale by election  and proclaims he is doing this for Rochdale and Gaza🙄

Get them half and half scarves made....

20 minutes ago, Raj said:

George Galloway wins the Rochdale by election  and proclaims he is doing this for Rochdale and Gaza🙄

The people of Rochdale sending a signal to the Labour Party!  Not sure what the signal is though, possibly something about candidate selection?  Or cat suits?

28 minutes ago, Raj said:

Or a half and half Rochdale Gaza strip....

16 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Or a half and half Rochdale Gaza strip....

I like what you did there!!  You've peaked too early in the day!:D

• Thanks 1