Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

''Hunt hints at responsible tax cuts'

You mean slightly less tax for individuals who are living through the highest tax burden since the second world war. 

So the U.S Supreme Court has ruled that Trump. CAN remain on the ballot for the presidential election and that no state a ban  him from running. Interestingly, this was a unanimous decision  from  all Supreme Court judges- the right leaning and the left leaning.

its also what I was saying all along ( yes, I was right for once! :D ). A state has no jurisdiction to  remove someone from a federal election.

3 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

That’s a good thing.   He needs to be beat at the ballot box and hopefully that will finally be the end of him.  Disgusting pos that he is. 

yes he is. But unfortunately I don’t think he will be beaten at the ballot. ☹️

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, MPH said:

yes he is. But unfortunately I don’t think he will be beaten at the ballot. ☹️

Its interesting that last in 2016 many didn't believe he had a chance of beating Hilary, yet he did.  I wonder (hope) if this time around the opposite is true.  Once again though we have to question the crazy system that puts two barely coherent old men at the top of the ballot to become leader of the worlds most powerful nation.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Its interesting that last in 2016 many didn't believe he had a chance of beating Hilary, yet he did.  I wonder (hope) if this time around the opposite is true.  Once again though we have to question the crazy system that puts two barely coherent old men at the top of the ballot to become leader of the worlds most powerful nation.

I agree about the American political system completely.

Ive said it before, but I really don’t think Trump will win because he will get a colossal amount of votes, I think he will get less votes than in 2016.. I think he will win because of a low turnout of democratic voters.. in 2020, 91% of black voters said they’d vote for Biden. That’s now down to 73% .  And of course  there is the disillusioned voters unhappy with their support for Israeli, those unhappy with his immigration policies and the simple fact that he’s a mumbling old man with hints of dementia/ being senile.

i feel like shouting at the TV because America ( democrats)  have  an opportunity to leave Trump in the dust by picking a candidate who at least has a heart beat and can get through a speech unscathed, but no,.. they’ve shyed away from the bravery of ditching an existing president  and seem happy to leave him in place knowing that it leaves them in danger of opening the door for trump. 

it all comes across as weak democratic leadership to be honest and they’ll only have themselves to blame.

• Like 2

Quite. They've had 4 years to sort this. To bring through someone more than capable of doing the job but they've sat on their laurels. 

If this didn't affect the rest of the world I'd probably just think let them lie in that bed. 

• Thanks 1

The plus side is that after this election he wont be able to run again because if he wins he is term limited to 4 years. Of that he will be irrelevant in 2 years as people stsrt to pick his successor for the next election. 

If he loses, his party will turn on him for once because he will be too old the next time to run (yea i know might be bidens age then but no chance).

Unless one of his sons run....lol

• Haha 1

Trump is coming back I think, I think even the anti Trump brigade can't bring themselves to vote for Biden. I think even they know an very old, possibly unwell Biden is clearly not suitable to remain as president, not just for America but for the world in general especially the state of the world at present.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Trump is coming back I think, I think even the anti Trump brigade can't bring themselves to vote for Biden. I think even they know an very old, possibly unwell Biden is clearly not suitable to remain as president, not just for America but for the world in general especially the state of the world at present.

Just need to hope, however slim the anti Trump come out in force to vote. But if he does win at least no more Trump after four more years and people will certainly be counting down the days on that.

I think Biden needs reminding who Putin is at times. America need realise they are selecting a president to guide their country away from risk of war, instead they acting like there electing their next pope.

When Biden first came into office in 1973, he must have thought "I'd love to president one day, but i wouldn't like to become president in my eighties, with my memory not what it was" seems like he's waited so long for this that doesn't care what age or what state his mental health is in.

Edited by Leicesterpool

28 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Am a little surprised that this sort of incident happened in Burbage..:blink:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/burbage-murder-gregor-bauld-christine-9143076

Burbage isn't all pleasant and middle class.

There's a large and sometimes nefarious area of Burbage that resembles some areas of New Parks and Braunstone, the Saff, etc.

Not judging, BTW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

There's a large and sometimes nefarious area of Burbage that resembles some areas of New Parks and Braunstone, the Saff, etc.

Not judging, BTW.

Yeah, certainly isn’t like those in the area this took place though. One of the nicer streets in the town I’d say

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

When Biden first came into office in 1973, he must have thought "I'd love to president one day, 

I love to president bro! 

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Not judging, BTW.

You cheeky git! This happened about a 5 mins walk from where I live - certainly shook a few people up. 

ps the village is fine, the areas closer to Hinckley are a bit more rough but nowhere near the saff or new parks lol

Edited by Tommy G
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think Biden needs reminding who Putin is at times. America need realise they are selecting a president to guide their country away from risk of war, instead they acting like there electing their next pope.

When Biden first came into office in 1973, he must have thought "I'd love to president one day, but i wouldn't like to become president in my eighties, with my memory not what it was" seems like he's waited so long for this that doesn't care what age or what state his mental health is in.

If I listen to biden and trump, they both come across as old blokes talking nonsense. 

I wonder then how trumps nonsense is ok, but bidens isn't. Another huge failure by the media to expose this and instead seem to reinforce it

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I assume you don't read much actual news. 

Trump is almost certainly suffering quite significantly progressing dementia that's becoming increasingly less subtle. 

The main reason Haley is staying in the Republican race for as long as possible is she's hedging her bets. Not that Trump will be prosecuted of anything but that the media scrutiny of the acrual election campaign once it starts properly will reveal that he isn't competent to actually run anymore. At which point she'll be the only real candidate. 

He and the Republicans are in serious danger. Is Biden the quickest of cats these days? No. But the GOP are the masters of projection, almost every accusation they throw around is a thinly veiled admission. 

Trump's current polling shouldn't be ignored, Biden isn't doing brilliantly and there is a considerable risk Trump could come back, nobody should be complacent about that. But it's also polling being done before election season really begins. I'd hang fire a fair few months before making any kind of prediction other than this being quite possibly the weirdest presidential election of most of our lives. 

• Like 1

One thing you can say about Trump is that Britain's connection with USA maybe improved. Biden as we know made obvious a few times he was no fan of the UK. Don't get that sense of the special relationship being there in last three years.

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I assume you don't read much actual news. 

Trump is almost certainly suffering quite significantly progressing dementia that's becoming increasingly less subtle. 

The main reason Haley is staying in the Republican race for as long as possible is she's hedging her bets. Not that Trump will be prosecuted of anything but that the media scrutiny of the acrual election campaign once it starts properly will reveal that he isn't competent to actually run anymore. At which point she'll be the only real candidate. 

He and the Republicans are in serious danger. Is Biden the quickest of cats these days? No. But the GOP are the masters of projection, almost every accusation they throw around is a thinly veiled admission. 

Trump's current polling shouldn't be ignored, Biden isn't doing brilliantly and there is a considerable risk Trump could come back, nobody should be complacent about that. But it's also polling being done before election season really begins. I'd hang fire a fair few months before making any kind of prediction other than this being quite possibly the weirdest presidential election of most of our lives. 

Can’t wait

Two candidates debating with each other and the winner is the one who remembers who he is and who the other fella is …..

20 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

My vote president goes to...

Funky MBTI in Fiction · Independence Day: President Thomas Whitmore [ENTJ]

He did save us all from alien invasion after all ;)

Did he balls. He got carried by the hick farmer. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

If trump wins, apparently he is sending harry back to England.  Bet you guys cant wait.

haha that would be fantastic  :D