Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

Putin to be fair treats all his political opponents fairly and equal....

He makes sure each one is murdered before the election. So he shows consistency!!

How any country can live under that i dont know.

On 15/03/2024 at 13:29, Sir Shep said:

There never seems to be any decent alternatives now, New Labour hit all the right buttons for me back in the 90’s but nowadays there’s no one out there, just centre crap, far left or far right. 

You didn't bother watching Ed Davey's speech at the LibDem conference yesterday, then, or follow any of their policy decisions, or consider the Greens? If you limit yourself to considering only Labour or Tories then you've been taken in by the unfair voting system and have failed to see that there are some very decent alternatives out there. 

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

LIZ TRUSS LEVELS. 

Only one person can possibly save the Tories now...

Penny Mordaunt made a Splash! on ITV show before eyeing up Prime Minister  job - CoventryLive

6 hours ago, MPH said:

She’ll breeze in on a wave off optimism and a ‘ fresh start’ after they get a pasting at the general election…

Much better idea, spend some time learning the job in opposition.  Develop some policy positions, build anew power base among the few new MPs and hope some of the old power brokers are gone.  Try to rebuild an actual conservative Conservative party in the centre right.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

No point wasting ones leadership shot on losing an election. Sunak will likely stay because no one will take over.

8 hours ago, MPH said:

She’ll breeze in on a wave off optimism and a ‘ fresh start’ after they get a pasting at the general election…

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Much better idea, spend some time learning the job in opposition.  Develop some policy positions, build anew power base among the few new MPs and hope some of the old power brokers are gone.  Try to rebuild an actual conservative Conservative party in the centre right.

You realise Cap’n Pugshit is set to lose her seat? Pompey North is going to turn Labour - which presents certain immutable problems to being LotO. She wants to add PM onto her CV - and bag a better pension and security detail - then she needs to be one before the election. 

5 hours ago, deep blue said:

Shows how f**ked is this country when 22.9% of the voting population are still prepared to vote Tory.

We're talking about an electorate who will form an opinion based on one photograph published on the front page of a newspaper. 

And yes, the answer is thick people.

Despite fully expecting to vote Labour this year, I’m not as joyous over the potential demise of the Conservatives as some here. There will always be a party for right wingers; it happens everywhere. And longer term I’d rather a reformed* centre-right Conservatives than the alternatives.

*Pun definitely not intended.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

You realise Cap’n Pugshit is set to lose her seat? Pompey North is going to turn Labour - which presents certain immutable problems to being LotO. She wants to add PM onto her CV - and bag a better pension and security detail - then she needs to be one before the election. 

yes, admittedly, this would be a slight complication in her plans..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Fair point, perhaps she is playing for the top job now. In which case her plan may be to come in, call an immediate election in the hope of not losing her seat and then lead from the opposition benches.

43 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Despite fully expecting to vote Labour this year, I’m not as joyous over the potential demise of the Conservatives as some here. There will always be a party for right wingers; it happens everywhere. And longer term I’d rather a reformed* centre-right Conservatives than the alternatives.

*Pun definitely not intended.

The Labour party welcomes right wingers. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

The Labour party welcomes right wingers. 

The Liberal Party climbed into bed with Cameron and let him fvck all your policies.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The Liberal Party climbed into bed with Cameron and let him fvck all your policies.

Sure. I'm not actually a member of the Lib Dems any more although I still help out the local party. Perhaps I should think of something to replace the bird of liberty.

Just thought it funny to think that the centre-right would ever not be represented considering how politics in this country revolves around them.

3 hours ago, MPH said:

yes, admittedly, this would be a slight complication in her plans..

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Fair point, perhaps she is playing for the top job now. In which case her plan may be to come in, call an immediate election in the hope of not losing her seat and then lead from the opposition benches.

IMG_5521.jpeg

• Haha 1