Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

Fundamentally, I just want to see innocent people able to just crack on with their lives in peace. Most will adapt to wherever they live. 

Unfortunately, there's lots and lots of people who don't want this to happen. That could be down to greed, ideology or they're just w@nkers. 

Sadly, I don't see a way that this ends unless you remove those people. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Fundamentally, I just want to see innocent people able to just crack on with their lives in peace. Most will adapt to wherever they live. 

Unfortunately, there's lots and lots of people who don't want this to happen. That could be down to greed, ideology or they're just w@nkers. 

Sadly, I don't see a way that this ends unless you remove those people. 

Are  you suggesting the Palestinians should just abandon their homeland?

1 hour ago, MPH said:

With regards to Hamza,I think he thought the song was just meaning  he wanted Palestinians to be free.verywhere.

yes it’s true some people.. a lot of people have used the song to mean more sinister things than just that..

but let’s  take the British flag for example.. for me it’s just a flag. I’m proud to be British. I like it. I take one with   me on holidays, ect. But for other people it takes on a sinister meaning.. it’ can be held by racists.. those supporting anti immigration policies… its even been waived after racist murders, ect.. 

Is the flag inherently racist? No it isn’t. And I shouldn’t be stopped from displaying one just because of the racist actions of others.

I see it as the same for this song.  

Why do you take a flag on holiday?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, MPH said:

Are  you suggesting the Palestinians should just abandon their homeland?

Quite a stretch there. Just saying people adapt to the land and are pretty resilient. Humans live in different environments all over the planet and most just want to be left alone.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

The covid enquiry is pretty juicy. BJ obviously comes out of it terribly 

Just reading it, I’m honestly thinking there’s enough there to charge him. He has taken decisions deliberately knowing he would large swathes of the population and didn’t seem to care. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

As I said yesterday - I never had a huge issue with the phrase but it has taken on a more sinister meaning in some circles.  There are lots of phrases that do this over time - nuances and situations change somewhat.  Those who use it now, knowing that it’s offensive to many, do so deliberately.

the link you gave is full of historical context but also opinion masquerading as historical context.  

I appreciate what you say in your last sentence but opinion is what I’m seeing all over this debate. I chose that link deliberately as it’s from a major American-Jewish publication, not a Hamas statement, not Aljazeera or other Palestinian sympathy group. 
Unfortunately, the western media are almost exclusively pro Israel so the Palestinian story is seldom held up to the light. 
Any criticism of the Israeli state is deemed antisemitic and the powers that be have used that to cloud the issue, which then reignites the awful atrocities that Jews have endured for centuries. 
Anyhow, I’m going back to read the Leeds thread, it’s marginally better for my mental health…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Quite a stretch there. Just saying people adapt to the land and are pretty resilient. Humans live in different environments all over the planet and most just want to be left alone.

I think it was perfectly clear that's what you meant.

42 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

https://news.sky.com/story/xl-bully-dogs-to-be-banned-from-end-of-this-year-12996952

XL Bully dog's to be banned from 31st December, and the govt are even incentivising you to have them put down lol

Is the incentive for putting them down more than the cost of buying one? :ph34r:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

just making sure because you did mention that  you dont see it ending unless you remove the people!

Just now, MPH said:

just making sure because you did mention that  you dont see it ending unless you remove the people!

Re read what I said - I don't see this, or any conflict, ending until you remove the people that don't want others to just get on with their lives. 

To reiterate - vast majority of people would be happy to turn up to work, have enough to live on, raise a family and die somewhere between 70-85. Sadly, there are too many people in the world who don't want them to have that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Re read what I said - I don't see this, or any conflict, ending until you remove the people that don't want others to just get on with their lives. 

To reiterate - vast majority of people would be happy to turn up to work, have enough to live on, raise a family and die somewhere between 70-85. Sadly, there are too many people in the world who don't want them to have that.

Thank you for clarifying/ re explaining.

I'm not able to work properly right now for health reasons - surgery on Monday so i just have a lot more time on my hands. To me what is 'discussing' might come across as being argumentative so i'm sorry if it comes across that way..

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

Thank you for clarifying/ re explaining.

I'm not able to work properly right now for health reasons - surgery on Monday so i just have a lot more time on my hands. To me what is 'discussing' might come across as being argumentative so i'm sorry if it comes across that way..

I work with teenagers so takes a lot to upset me! 

This Covid inquiry really is something. Cummings seems like the type of person who's an expert at seeing things coming after they've already happened. 

So infuriating seeing the amount of incompetence and just how shambolic everything was.